Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: MLDonkey as Download Manager for WL-700g [draft v.0.1]

Now that we all have Mldonkey thanx to kfurge's image... and that torrent downloading finaly works on our white brick :-) would any kind soul please give a few hints to us non-linux types? :-)

I downloaded torrent yesterday w/o any problems... speed was cool, ~ 300kb/s, I never got that with download master :-) but...

I had to install sancho in order to add the .torrent file to cue. The way I'm used to is to download .torrent files locally and then double-click them to download. OK, it's a bit more complex than that with linux, no problem. I know I must do something like dllink http://........../.../...torrent (even though it's grom GRAPHICAL interface, but what the hell). But...

1) I suppose it's not possible to specify file that is on my local (windows) hard drive???? What is, then, best practice? To just copy .torrent files onto router somewhere?

2) when finished downloading, how do I STOP sharing the downloaded file? I tried everything and nothing worked. In the end, I had to logon as root and delete both .torrent and the file, previously I stopped all protocols from sancho. Any straighforward way of doing this? I mean, for christ's sake, I'm just downloading a torrent here, it's not rocketscience!!!!

3) I'm unable to delete some leftovers from download master. I logon as root, and no matter what I do, the file is still there. DL master is DISABLED. I suspect it could be to the fact that the file name is starting with "-"... when I do rm * it just lists the options for rm as if I enetered wrong switch or something.

Now, I swear that I will never, ever swear Mr. Gates and Windows again, after this experience with Linux... :-)

D.

Quote Originally Posted by dalanik View Post

3) I'm unable to delete some leftovers from download master. I logon as root, and no matter what I do, the file is still there. DL master is DISABLED. I suspect it could be to the fact that the file name is starting with "-"... when I do rm * it just lists the options for rm as if I enetered wrong switch or something.

Now, I swear that I will never, ever swear Mr. Gates and Windows again, after this experience with Linux... :-)
    I'll leave the MLDonkey/sancho questions to the experts, but I will say that the two step process you're so upset with is unavoidable when you're fetching the .torrent file on a different machine that the one which will ultimately be performing the download.

Sharing the .torrent file from your windows machine sort of defeats the purpose of being able to turn off the power hungry multimedia box and still keep downloads chugging along.

To delete files starting with a "-", put a "--" immediately after your options to tell the command line parser that you're finished with the options:

rm -- -myfilename

- K.C.

P.S. Don't blame Linux for this. It's just as easy to fetch a torrent from my Linux laptop when I kick out all of the windows machines...
    Last edited by kfurge; 25-01-2008 at 15:05. Reason: Typos

Now that we all have Mldonkey thanx to kfurge's image... and that torrent downloading finaly works on our white brick :-) would any kind soul please give a few hints to us non-linux types? :-)

I downloaded torrent yesterday w/o any problems... speed was cool, ~ 300kb/s, I never got that with download master :-) but...

I had to install sancho in order to add the .torrent file to cue. The way I'm used to is to download .torrent files locally and then double-click them to download. OK, it's a bit more complex than that with linux, no problem. I know I must do something like dllink http://........../.../...torrent (even though it's grom GRAPHICAL interface, but what the hell). But...

1) I suppose it's not possible to specify file that is on my local (windows) hard drive???? What is, then, best practice? To just copy .torrent files onto router somewhere?

2) when finished downloading, how do I STOP sharing the downloaded file? I tried everything and nothing worked. In the end, I had to logon as root and delete both .torrent and the file, previously I stopped all protocols from sancho. Any straighforward way of doing this? I mean, for christ's sake, I'm just downloading a torrent here, it's not rocketscience!!!!

D.
    1) Well the easiest solutions is just to associate .torrent files with Sancho. This way, you can just double click a torrent file, and Sancho will be copying your .torrent file to your router. Just right click a .torrent file, select "open with", select "browse", find the Sancho.exe file (Probably loacted in C:\Program Files\Sancho), and remember to tick off the box which says something like: "Always use this program to open the filetype"
    Alternatively, go to: Start -> Run -> Type "sendto" (Or %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo if you are running Vista). In the folder that appears, create a shortcut to \\192.168.1.1\myshare1\.mldonkey\torrents\incommin g, call this shortcut "Torrent download" or whatever you like
    Now you should be able to rightclick on the torrent file, select sendto, and your new shortcut should be available. This way, the torrent file should be added the next time MLDonkey autoscans the torrent folder.

2) Actually, i haven't find a clever way to make MLDonkey stop seeding torrents yet. But what i do is creating a shortcut to \\192.168.1.1\myshare1\.mldonkey\torrents which send you to the folder where all the torrent files are located. From here you can just delete the torrent files which you no longer wish to share. To be honest i can't remember if torrents are removed from the share list the next time MLDonkey scans the torrent folder (By default it scans the folder every 60 second) or if it the seeding continues until the mlnet have been restarted :/

*Update*
    Well i just checked the documentation, and it does not scan the torrents/seeding directory, so you'll have to restart MLDonkey (or the bittorrent plugin at least) to make it stop seeding.
    Last edited by Henrikh; 25-01-2008 at 22:05.

Thanx for the reply. Yes, sancho has the option to open .torrent file in a "standard" windows way... But I have to have sancho then :-) There is no easy way throught web interface... OK, no big deal, I'll get used to it.

Thing with removing torrents is a bit bigger problem. What I figured is to 1) stop torrent engine 2) delete files and .torrent (with sudo) 3) click "commit" and "reshare"....

So, the only thing that bothers me is that I have to go "sudo"... Is it safe to change permissions for .mldonkey folder so I don't have to be root in order to delete finished .torrents?

D.

Thanx for the reply. Yes, sancho has the option to open .torrent file in a "standard" windows way... But I have to have sancho then :-) There is no easy way throught web interface... OK, no big deal, I'll get used to it.

Thing with removing torrents is a bit bigger problem. What I figured is to 1) stop torrent engine 2) delete files and .torrent (with sudo) 3) click "commit" and "reshare"....

So, the only thing that bothers me is that I have to go "sudo"... Is it safe to change permissions for .mldonkey folder so I don't have to be root in order to delete finished .torrents?

D.
    As i wrote you can just add a shortcut to the sendto menu, and right click the torrent file, and "send it" to the torrent directory on the router. MLDonkey will rescan the torrent folder every 60 seconds, and add any new .torrents it finds. You can also manually copy your torrent files to the incomming directory or whatever you like.

As for whether it is safe to alter the the permissions or not, i honestly have no idea :-)

It is a shame it is such a hassle to make MLDonkey stop sharing the torrents. I have no idea why they have not included a option to stop seeding a torrent - that is just weird.

Cool

i have nothing agaisnt sancho and mldonkey.. but, oh boy!! im gonna miss utorrent.. its so tiny and robust... i've been a utorrent user eversince and it'll take getting a lot of use-to switching to sancho.. hope it works great as well.. thanks everyone for al your inputs.. been doing a lot reading around here and learned so much...

Quote Originally Posted by exbliss View Post
    i have nothing agaisnt sancho and mldonkey.. but, oh boy!! im gonna miss utorrent.. its so tiny and robust... i've been a utorrent user eversince and it'll take getting a lot of use-to switching to sancho.. hope it works great as well.. thanks everyone for al your inputs.. been doing a lot reading around here and learned so much...
    Yeah uTorrent is really nice. Could be sweet if they did a linux version, then we could just use their webUI for adminstration :0)

MLDonkey

I have some problem about MLDonkey.
    It can't download torrent from some tracker ( It's show 0 seed 0 peer )
    while Utorrent can download from this tracker.

Do I must set up something to make MLDonkey download from this tracker?

P.S. This web tracker require member login to access.

Read write locked on MLDonkey folder.

So after much dicking around I've finally got my WHITE BRICK Doing a couple of good things. A BIG THANKS to KFURGE and others for their splendid work.
    I'm new to Linux but am learning slowly.

I'm running the the latest kfurge firmware version and mldonkey is speeding along using sancho for control.
    I finish downloading files and they appear in my .mldonkey/download folder.
    I can samba into this directory but I cannot delete or rename the files they are locked.

Secondly how do I get the download folder to be indexed by the itunes and upnpav servers so that I can see what i've downloaded in my media programs.

Any support would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Ignore previous

after some tinkering (reinstalling all images) the .mldonkey protected files are fixed.
    mt-daapd is working well
    and i'm about to install ushare..
    this thing is actually becoming great
    r

Could you guys explain how do you open the ports on the router for using mldonkey for torrents and edonkey downlods?
    thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by xvibe View Post
    Could you guys explain how do you open the ports on the router for using mldonkey for torrents and edonkey downlods?
    thanx!
    It's been explained elsewhere, but I'll give you a quick summary :-)

As you can see from the mldonkey config (best from web interface), these are the ports we need for torrent/donkey:

Network Port Type
    BitTorrent 6882 client_port TCP
    BitTorrent 6881 tracker_port TCP
    Core 4080 http_port
    Core 4000 telnet_port
    Core 4001 gui_port
    Donkey 6891 client_port TCP
    Donkey 6895 client_port UDP
    Donkey 20286 overnet_port TCP+UDP
    It comes down to 2 torrent (client and tracker) and 2 donkey ports.

From the kfurge's instructions, we can set torrent CLIENT port (6882):

1. From the web interface, disable the routers built-in download manager
    2. Telnet or ssh to the router
    3. Gain root access
    4. Type "nvram set kc_bt_port=XXXXX"
    5. Type "nvram commit"
    6. Restart the router
    This will open firewall for the selected port and set it in mldonkey, so torrents would now work. But we still need to open another 3 ports on the firewall! Assuming these are default ports, we'd do it by typing:

iptables -I INPUT 6 -p tcp --dport 6881 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -I INPUT 7 -p tcp --dport 6891 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -I INPUT 8 -p udp --dport 6895 -j ACCEPT
    Ofcourse, if you want these changes to stick, you need to put these commands to a script that will be executed on startup. (hm, i'm not entirely certain on this, but it can't hurt to open it on every router boot). I edited kfurge's iptables_mldonkey.sh located in /opt/etc/init.kc:

This is how I did it, just added it to the begining of the script:

and ofcourse, if you changed any of the ports, you need to specify that in mldonkey by web interface or sancho:

Hope this helps,

D.

Super many thanx dalanik!
    I think this was the best tutorial that i've read here....

Quote Originally Posted by kirnikitin View Post
    Hi!
    After starting mlnet.lite says "can't load library 'libncurses.so.5' "
    How can i install this?

Thank you/
    this is undocumented but i discovered this :

as long as you have libncurses installed just set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/lib by typing export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/

that should do it for you!

My ISP supply me dinamic IPs so as soon the IP is changed the wya that danalik told me to open the firewall doesn't work. I need to re-type all the iptables script again. Any solution for this? Why I can't open the firewall, with virtual server, in the web manager interface like I did for using torrent, emule in my PC?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast