Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Firmware v9.8.2.1 BETA

Quote Originally Posted by Dante_
    this is asus firmware.. no telnet... I don't even know if they'r using the wondershaper script. Wondershaper doesn't seem to be able to shape a single tcp port, only the entire interface, and there are no wondershaper like options oln the web interface... The "WAN port dies" thing also seems to be solved with me!
    Search the forum for the hidden admin page. You can execute commands from this page. This way you can find out if the script is present and if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Styno
    Search the forum for the hidden admin page. You can execute commands from this page. This way you can find out if the script is present and if it works.
    it's using TC or something.. (trafficcontrol?)

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    it's using TC or something.. (trafficcontrol?)
    Owww, in that case I haven't said anything

Exclamation WonderShaper

hey i found that in my router WonderShaper works half....

The Download limiting feature works perfekt.

but the upload limiter doesnt work at all... just wanted to let u know..

actually Limiting upload is the most important thing for me, and the integrated Qos was just like coming to heaven.

Thx for these Gr8 firmware's.

another thing is, when i've looked at a page in the my.router for about 10seconds, if i change page to another one in the router it asks for password again...

is this a bug in the firmware or is it just some kind of extra security ?

best regards
    Dion

ps.

It would be the coolest if u had some kind of online bug report for every firmware.

whenever someone found a failure it would come up with a box like Windows XP bug report send

hehe... of course this would be like bombarding u, but just a nice little thought

Quote Originally Posted by mr.destroyer
    hey i found that in my router WonderShaper works half....

actually Limiting upload is the most important thing for me, and the integrated Qos was just like coming to heaven.

Thx for these Gr8 firmware's.

another thing is, when i've looked at a page in the my.router for about 10seconds, if i change page to another one in the router it asks for password again...

is this a bug in the firmware or is it just some kind of extra security ?

best regards
    Dion

ps.

It would be the coolest if u had some kind of online bug report for every firmware.

whenever someone found a failure it would come up with a box like Windows XP bug report send

hehe... of course this would be like bombarding u, but just a nice little thought
    i have no idea if the password thing is a bug, but it's annoying sometimes. perhaps cleaning your cookies/cache will help you but i'm not sure

regarding the bug report.. would be nice.. only problem is who is going to maintain it ? (meaning to test it them theirself)
    a lot of people think that user errors are bugs thus when they are entering things wrong and it doesn't work that it is a bug..

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Thats a pitty because download shaping isn't very effective in improving the internet experience when using filesharing stuff and browsing at the same time. This is caused mostly by the large buffers on the ISP side. Upload shaping is much more effective. Lets hope Asus fixes this ASAP.

Qos is effective. i set a IP with port 80 max speed 100k min 10K. when downloading, its speed is 20K, when i change the IP address to a undesignated one, the speed goes up to 200K.

Quote Originally Posted by shopping
    Qos is effective. i set a IP with port 80 max speed 100k min 10K. when downloading, its speed is 20K, when i change the IP address to a undesignated one, the speed goes up to 200K.
    NOFI, but limiting the download speed does not mean that your internet experience gets better through lower response times. That depends on a lot more then just lower download speeds. What you just proved is that QoS can be activated on the download stream nothing more.

Edit: Here's a quote from the Wondershaper HOWTO:
    Take note that QoS is mainly shaping the upload bandwidth. (since it's at your end.) You hardly can do anything regarding download bandwidth. (since that's the ISP end. I also say hardly because in theory, and from what I read, you can; at the expense of your downstream bandwidth
    Last edited by Styno; 29-10-2004 at 10:09.

The funny thing with ASUS QoS, that it's not possible to limit aggregate traffic, you could only limit particular ports separately...

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    The funny thing with ASUS QoS, that it's not possible to limit aggregate traffic, you could only limit particular ports separately...
    Yeah.. That really sucks...
    It would be good to limit ALL traffic to/from an IP/MAc address, and the, specific ports por exceptions... or at least the interface accept a port range (like 1-65000).

Anyway, wondershaper also sucks, becuse it limits the speed on a router interface, and not to a specific IP/MAC Address.
    Example...
    I have a neighbour at 400mts with ADSL coverage (I didn't till 2 months)... We have the router on the roof, and an external antenna and an AP client in my roof. The connection is 512/128. It would be very nice that when te connection is loaded, ~200Kbps would be reserved for each one. We keep sharing the acees, because a 2Gb per mont limited 512/128 Kbps costs 37€ here in portugal, and an unlimited 512/128 connection cost 54€ plus phone line rent (~20€).
    Portugal Telecom (monopolist phone operator) has a worst than 3.rd world policy. At Spain the 512/128Kbps connection also costs ~37€, but it's unlimited...

Wink its possible.

hey u can limit download for all ports...

just leave the port box empty..

i did.. it worked perfekt, only sideeffect on that, is that if u limit a computer to 200kb/s then it will also only be 200kb/s on LAN

still the upload manager doesnt work

hey u can limit download for all ports...

just leave the port box empty..

i did.. it worked perfekt, only sideeffect on that, is that if u limit a computer to 200kb/s then it will also only be 200kb/s on LAN

still the upload manager doesnt work
    I mean aggregate traffic for all LAN, not just single IP.

the beta version is not stable. the router can't be found after a while or new setting applied, especially upnp turned on. anyway, it's better than the earlier version. more functions let me feel worthiness of wl500g. but i still expect the official released version.
    Last edited by shopping; 30-10-2004 at 20:34.

14. Red face

an idea of the availability of the official one ?

could anyone tell me have or not reset/reboot problem with this version??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast