PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : icecast and ices it works!

Jeremia
03-07-2007, 20:22
Hi,

as i've seen that there where some people who are interessested in using the wl500gp as streaming server i've tried a little bit out. First of all i tried to get peercast working, but i had to gave up. I've seen that there is also an icecast server available. The only part which was missing was a source player like ices. So i tried to compile ices directly on the wl500gp. I didn't worked out in the first time. It seemed that there was something wrong with the libshout library. I found out, that the libshout wasn't compiled with speex support. So i rebuild the libshout library with speex support. After that i tried to compile ices again and it works. In this moment i have a icecast server and a ices player on wl500gp running. It seems that it's using very few ressources.
As i have really few skills in building software under linux systems, their might be a way that somebody can help me to build a nice ipk package. I need a little help since i have installed ices with "make install". So i don't know which files are necessary and where i could find them to build the package.

Greets Jeremia

Mr.Ed
07-07-2008, 16:06
Hi,

as i've seen that there where some people who are interessested in using the wl500gp as streaming server i've tried a little bit out. First of all i tried to get peercast working, but i had to gave up. I've seen that there is also an icecast server available. The only part which was missing was a source player like ices. So i tried to compile ices directly on the wl500gp. I didn't worked out in the first time. It seemed that there was something wrong with the libshout library. I found out, that the libshout wasn't compiled with speex support. So i rebuild the libshout library with speex support. After that i tried to compile ices again and it works. In this moment i have a icecast server and a ices player on wl500gp running. It seems that it's using very few ressources.
As i have really few skills in building software under linux systems, their might be a way that somebody can help me to build a nice ipk package. I need a little help since i have installed ices with "make install". So i don't know which files are necessary and where i could find them to build the package.

Greets Jeremia

Unfortunately i cannot help you with making IPKG packages, but i would love to see this work on my Wl-500gP.

Best regards,

Ed.

wpte
07-07-2008, 19:22
perhaps you can make it to an empty directory, like this:

mkdir /tmp/harddisk/icecast

then configure like this:

./configure --prefix=/tmp/harddisk/icecast

now you're able to compress the package with tar
rename the tar to .ipk on the end, and you have yourself an ipkg package I believe:rolleyes:
but a normal tar file would be sufficient to install the data to /opt