PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Questions about BlueTooth and Samba

molski
08-10-2004, 07:23
Good morning,

I spend the last few days reading and trying and testing with a bunch of stuff I didn't even know that is was possible on my wl500-g, and after these few days I came up with some questions, where I hopefully can get an answer too.

I am running this firmware: Firmware v.1.7.5.9 CR5
My WL-500g is set up in Accesspoint Mode.

I try to run BlueTooth on my router, everything is installed like it should, but when I start it up it hangs after this message:

/mnt/usbfs/affix-release/bin # ./start_bt
Using /mnt/usbfs/affix-release/bin/kernel/net/affix/affix.o
Using /mnt/usbfs/affix-release/bin/kernel/drivers/affix/affix_usb.o
Using /mnt/usbfs/affix-release/bin/kernel/net/affix/affix_rfcomm.o
Using /mnt/usbfs/affix-release/bin/kernel/net/affix/affix_pan.o
/mnt/usbfs/affix-release/bin # btsrv: main: btsrv started [Affix 2.1.2].

I think it hangs by executing this command (in start_bt) "btctl paninit nap".
Then my telnet or ssh session hangs (loses connection) and in 20 seconds I can login again. When I run # ./start_bt again this is the output:

/mnt/usbfs/affix-release/bin # ./start_bt
(FEW LINES OF INSMOD ERORR MESSAGES THAT ALREADY ARE INSERTED)
/mnt/usbfs/affix-release/bin # btsrv: main: btsrv started [Affix 2.1.2].
(FEW ERROR LINES THAT HAS TO DO WITH btctl paninit nap, what I can understand is that the service cannot run twice at the same time, so it is running, but why does it hang the 1st time is is executed in ./start_bt ??)
btsrv: start_service: Bound service Dialup Networking to port 1
btsrv: start_service: Bound service LAN Access to port 2
btsrv: start_service: Bound service OBEX File Transfer to port 3
btsrv: start_service: Bound service OBEX Object Push to port 4

When running "btctl paninit nap" on the command-line I get this error:

/mnt/usbfs/affix-release/bin # ./btctl
./btctl: error while loading shared libraries: ./btctl: symbol __xpg_basename, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

I maked sure I have set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the good lib directory.

Bluetooth is working, but I think not how it should.
I can send any file from my SonyEricsson P900 to the Wl-500g, I can pair the WL-500g with my phone, but I got 2 questions about it:

1. How can I send files from the WL-500g to other BT devices? Only by command-line? Or maybe by some script? Can I send only 1 file or select multiple files that have to be send?

2. How can I setup a serial connection with my P900? I cannot start a serial connection on the phone, so how do I have to do this on the WL-500g?

So that was the Bluetooth part :)

Now Samba...

I got a workgroup called BRAINS, IP Adress range is 192.168.0.0/16 (the router is 192.168.0.3, workgroup+domain controller/server is 192.168.0.2), how do I setup my router to be shown in my workgroup and be accesible in the Network Neighboorhood (I read the topic and phpwiki page on this, and tried to set it up, but with "top" I don't see the nmbd and smbd daemons running and can't find the router in the network on hostname or IP address
I am running this firmware v.1.7.5.9 CR5 and the WL-500g is set up in Accesspoint Mode.

Molski

JOCKYW2001
08-10-2004, 10:03
/mnt/usbfs/affix-release/bin # ./btctl
./btctl: error while loading shared libraries: ./btctl: symbol __xpg_basename, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

You can recompile with link flag -static
Afterwards strip the binary with mipsel-linux-strip

The problem is the libc dll only exports symbols for the "standard" firmware modules. So instead of statically linking, a better solution is to strip the original libc.so taking into account the additional modules. This requires some makefile modifications. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Cheers, JockyW

molski
08-10-2004, 10:30
This will be the 1st time I have to compile things myself :)
Gonna set up a VmWare virtual machine with suse 9.1 Pro tonight, then I will (try!!) to compile things myself.
Or is there maybe an easier way to fix it (just like my problems with samba?)

Thanks,

Molski

Styno
08-10-2004, 10:39
I have to check some basic stuff on samba:
- Did you put both daemons in the 'post-boot' script?
- Did you check the parameters of both daemons?
- Have you tried to start both daemons from the commandline in a telnet session? If so, what happenend?

molski
08-10-2004, 11:19
I did put nmbd and smbd in the post-boot script, but executing the daemons while booting or executing them manually don't show them in "top".
I used this how-to('s) for it:

http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=2304&postcount=30 and this one http://wiki.wl500g.info/index.php/PackageSamba

I didn't use any parameters, just ./nmbd and ./smbd and the steps the how-to described.

Does it maybe require other steps because my router is setup as AP ?

Styno
08-10-2004, 11:31
I did put nmbd and smbd in the post-boot script, but executing the daemons while booting or executing them manually don't show them in "top".
I used this how-to('s) for it:

http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=2304&postcount=30 and this one http://wiki.wl500g.info/index.php/PackageSamba

I didn't use any parameters, just ./nmbd and ./smbd and the steps the how-to described.

Does it maybe require other steps because my router is setup as AP ?
The WIKI page shows that the '-D' parameter should be given. Look here: http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/using_samba/ch02.html

The AP mode can be a problem. I've not tested Samba in combination with AP mode. Perhaps someone else can say something about this...

molski
08-10-2004, 12:04
The WIKI page shows that the '-D' parameter should be given.

Gonna check it out when I get home from my work.

Hopefully it will work in AP mode, otherwise I maybe have to switch it to gateway mode ;)

molski
08-10-2004, 12:14
Now I think of it, can the error regarding to "btctl paninit nap" (in start_bt) has something to do with the fact my Wl-500g is setup in Accesspoint mode?

bramfm
08-10-2004, 21:01
1. How can I send files from the WL-500g to other BT devices? Only by command-line? Or maybe by some script? Can I send only 1 file or select multiple files that have to be send?

2. How can I setup a serial connection with my P900? I cannot start a serial connection on the phone, so how do I have to do this on the WL-500g?

Molski
I checked the affix files again and I see no problems with it, even not with Samba.
See post http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=908 for more help regarding the same error message.

Affix is in this release CLI only. It is fully obex compatible and offers obex-push, -get and -ftp. However not all phones have all features of obex implemented. Some Phones only accept known objects such as jpg or Vcards. The S55 has one of the best implementations of obex, if you do the following:
1. btctl discovery
you will get an overview of the avaiable BT addresses, e.g.:

+1: Address: 00:01:e3:0e:1d:ce, Class: 0x720204, Key: "no", Name: "s55 marco" Phone (Cellular) [Networking,Object Transfer,Audio,Telephony]

2. btctl ftp
You now will get an ftp prompt, on this prompt enter the following

3. open 00:01:e3:0e:1d:ce
If you do not like to type, just use :
open 1
See at point 1, if you find more devices than one, use the corresponding number found at the btctl discovery.

4. The phone will ask for a pin code (1234)

5. At this point you can browse the phone:
ls
Wild cards and mget are not supported.

You can also browse the wl500g via Bluetooth on your PC, e.g. with the bluetooth software from MSI (graphical user interface). I will include a picture later this week.

The S55 can also push objects to the wl500g (on the flash disk), e.g. to store your pictures taken by the camera. Select the picture you want to send, press options and select "send via..." and select BT. The file will be stored in the incoming directory.

For the serial port profile edit btsrv.conf to enable. I have not tested it.

molski
09-10-2004, 11:06
I tried to browse my phone, the SE P900, but it doesn't work (I also cannot brwose my phone from a PDA), but it works with my girl's phone, a Nokia 6600 (this also works on a PDA). Pairing the WL-500g to the P900 or the 6600 don't work on both phones. I can send files easily to the WL-500g, works like a charm, but sending from WL-500g to other devices "isn't all that", much much more work then with BT on WindowsXP and you cannot send a bunch of files at a time (am I right?).
Maybe someone can make a webbrowser script where you can select one or multiple files or even a complete directory on the USB Disk to send to other BT devices and the script would be running on the internal webserver of the WL-500g (I think this sounds a cool idea, unfortunately I dont't have the knowledge to create a script like this, but I will help in every way that I can).

bramfm
09-10-2004, 12:24
I tried to browse my phone, the SE P900, but it doesn't work (I also cannot brwose my phone from a PDA), but it works with my girl's phone, a Nokia 6600 (this also works on a PDA). Pairing the WL-500g to the P900 or the 6600 don't work on both phones. I can send files easily to the WL-500g, works like a charm, but sending from WL-500g to other devices "isn't all that", much much more work then with BT on WindowsXP and you cannot send a bunch of files at a time (am I right?).
Maybe someone can make a webbrowser script where you can select one or multiple files or even a complete directory on the USB Disk to send to other BT devices and the script would be running on the internal webserver of the WL-500g (I think this sounds a cool idea, unfortunately I dont't have the knowledge to create a script like this, but I will help in every way that I can).

For that purpose it would be nice the pan profile was enabled in your phone, that way you would be able to "mount" it via e.g. samba. At the moment I do not know if a phone exists with BT-pan enabled.

molski
09-10-2004, 23:10
At this moment I don't know any phones that works with PAN.

For the Samba part...
Because I run my wl-500g in AP mode Samba is not running like it should (also not with the -D parameter).
Do you guys run it in Router, or in Home Gateway mode, or is it not important which one I choose?

Styno
09-10-2004, 23:14
It certainly works in gateway mode. When you use the router in AP mode (or any other then gateway) there are reports of other functionality not working... So, you might want to try gateway mode to check Samba first. If that works you can try to find out why its not working in AP mode.

Antiloop
10-10-2004, 01:29
At this moment I don't know any phones that works with PAN.

For the Samba part...
Because I run my wl-500g in AP mode Samba is not running like it should (also not with the -D parameter).
Do you guys run it in Router, or in Home Gateway mode, or is it not important which one I choose?
be sure to have a Hostname(lan) set