PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : hard drive wiped on reboot?

dilla
23-06-2007, 04:26
Okay, I'm the opposite of an expert so please bear with me... I basically followed the tutorials for the firmware, scripts and such and all was working great. Then during a thunderstorm, power to my house went out and now all my files i backed up to the external hdd don't seem to exist. So my question is: are my files really all gone (or are they there somewhere)? and how can I prevent this from happening in the future?

zii
24-06-2007, 03:39
Okay, I'm the opposite of an expert so please bear with me... I basically followed the tutorials for the firmware, scripts and such and all was working great. Then during a thunderstorm, power to my house went out and now all my files i backed up to the external hdd don't seem to exist. So my question is: are my files really all gone (or are they there somewhere)? and how can I prevent this from happening in the future?

There are several disk rescue programs out there.
Ontrack Easy Recovery Pro
Get Data Back
R-Studio Data Recovery
And many more...

Just remember to always rescue your files or partitions to _another_ disk than the one you're having problems with...

To prevent it from happening again...
1. Give your house a lightning conductor to take the worst hit.
2. An UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) to even out minor fluctuations, and to give power to the computer even after a power failure, for enough time to shut it down properly.