PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : NFSv3

JOCKYW2001
06-10-2004, 23:28
Just compiled NFSv3. It's taken from unfs3-0.9.10 and it's the same nfs daemon as our brothers in arms run on the Linksys NSLU2 (aka Allnet6100).

When I run it I get this error:

# ./unfsd
./unfsd: error while loading shared libraries: ./unfsd: symbol xdr_u_long, versi
on GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
#

I guess I need to build a more up to date 'libc.so'

Any advise on how to build that thingy?

Oleg
07-10-2004, 14:52
Just compiled NFSv3. It's taken from unfs3-0.9.10 and it's the same nfs daemon as our brothers in arms run on the Linksys NSLU2 (aka Allnet6100).

When I run it I get this error:

# ./unfsd
./unfsd: error while loading shared libraries: ./unfsd: symbol xdr_u_long, versi
on GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
#

I guess I need to build a more up to date 'libc.so'

Any advise on how to build that thingy?
Link statically.

JOCKYW2001
07-10-2004, 15:50
Link statically.

Okay, you mean to link statically with the libc.so.6 which sits in /opt/.../mipsel-linux/lib ? By adding a "-lc.so.6" linkparameter?

Oleg
07-10-2004, 18:17
Just add this option to link flags

-static

JOCKYW2001
07-10-2004, 20:21
Cool Thanks!

Yeah, it looks much better now if I run it I get:
Cannot register service: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused
unable to register (NFS3_PROGRAM, NFS_V3, udp).

That's because portmap isn't running which I will now also compile -static

update: Yes!! portmap and unfsd are running :)

Why are these dynamic link errors at runtime happening? Is the libc.so.6 in the firmware crippled?

JOCKYW2001
07-10-2004, 21:31
Okay, I'm almost there, but need some help to mount a NFS share.

My exports is stored on the HDD in /tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/etc and has only one line:
/tmp/harddisk/part1/Movies 192.168.1.91 (rw )

The portmapper and nfs daemon are stored in/tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/bin
I do this to start them:
cd /tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/bin/
./portmap
./unfsd -e /tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/etc/exports

Then on my satbox I try to mount as follows:
/var # mount -t nfs -o soft,udp,rsize=32768,wsize=8192,nolock 192.168.1.220:/tmp/harddisk/part1/Movies /var/movies
mount: 192.168.1.220:/tmp/harddisk/part1/Movies failed, reason given by server: Permission denied
mount: nfsmount failed: Bad file descriptor
mount: Mounting 192.168.1.220:/tmp/harddisk/part1/Movies on /var/movies failed: Invalid argument

Anyone ideas why the WL-HDD refuses this mount?

Oleg
07-10-2004, 21:39
update: Yes!! portmap and unfsd are running :)

Why are these dynamic link errors at runtime happening? Is the libc.so.6 in the firmware crippled?
You mean, that you've launched it with -p switch? There is no portmap, -p just instructs to not use portmap.

Yes, libraries are relinked with only functions needed to minimize it's size.

JOCKYW2001
07-10-2004, 21:44
You mean, that you've launched it with -p switch? There is no portmap, -p just instructs to not use portmap.

Yes, libraries are relinked with only functions needed to minimize it's size.

Yes, tried first -p and it ran. Then I compiled portmap with -static and all is well except for the mount problem (see my prev post)

Oleg
07-10-2004, 21:51
Yes, tried first -p and it ran. Then I compiled portmap with -static and all is well except for the mount problem (see my prev post)
Where you got portmap?

try (rw,no_root_squash) and check your IP address. Also, you may want try running it in debug mode.

JOCKYW2001
07-10-2004, 22:04
Where you got portmap?

try (rw,no_root_squash) and check your IP address. Also, you may want try running it in debug mode.

portmap: http://ftp.surfnet.nl/security/tcpwrappers/portmap_4.tar.gz
to compile it this helps: http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Sections-article86-page3.php

YES!!! with no_root_squash I've got a mount.

Oleg, let's drink a wodka together to celebrate! :)

Oleg
07-10-2004, 22:10
portmap: http://ftp.surfnet.nl/security/tcpwrappers/portmap_4.tar.gz
to compile it this helps: http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Sections-article86-page3.php

Ok, the stock one (I just have a thought, that you've found an other one). It's also possible to use it without portmap, but buggy FC2 mount does not allow that now...

petgun
07-10-2004, 22:16
hi,
I also like to celebrate :-)...please up your customized firmware somewhere for us..with al little help how to mount ;-)

I can't wait any longer to test it :-)

cu,
peter

Oleg
07-10-2004, 22:36
YES!!! with no_root_squash I've got a mount.

Check it with MS SFU. It's probably should outperform samba...

JOCKYW2001
07-10-2004, 22:57
I'm a very happy camper :) Works flawless !!!
I can record and playback from my satbox w/o any hickups.
Just tested with Naked Gun 2 1/2 :D

Will do some performance tests with M$ SFU client now

PS: petgun: will contact you tomorrow so that you can dl stuff

Next challenge is to build some automatic start scripts for telnetd, portmap etc.

petgun
07-10-2004, 23:27
I'm a very happy camper :) Works flawless !!!
I can record and playback from my satbox w/o any hickups.
Just tested with Naked Gun 2 1/2 :D

Will do some performance tests with M$ SFU client now

PS: petgun: will contact you tomorrow so that you can dl stuff

Next challenge is to build some automatic start scripts for telnetd, portmap etc.
:-) oh man, you made my day and it's no problem for me to wait until you finnish! Unbelievable, but true..you got your WL-HDD last week and now all my dreams become true :-) I'm sure, the results of your performance tests will motivate many guys here to give NFS a try and I hope your firmware will be upped here in the downloadcenter so everybody can enjoy it.

Thank you very much!

cu,
peter

Styno
07-10-2004, 23:30
Perhaps its a solution for the, I'm sorry to say this, crappy performance of Samba on the WL-500g as well.

A hint for the upcoming 1.8.x.x CR firmware perhaps?

Antiloop
08-10-2004, 00:47
Perhaps its a solution for the, I'm sorry to say this, crappy performance of Samba on the WL-500g as well.

A hint for the upcoming 1.8.x.x CR firmware perhaps?

perhaps yes.. crappy shit is not only caused by samba low speed of the usb is also causing low results but we knew that already :S

anyway @ JOCKYW2001

please send you're firmware to forum@chupa.nl

i also have the GPL of firmware 1.1.2.7 available (yes i know there is no 1.1.2.7 firmware yet) i'll send you login details to get them
if there are others interrested please contact me

JOCKYW2001
08-10-2004, 01:41
Thx Antiloop will dl tomorrow

My currently working nfsd runs in userspace. I've just finished building the kernelspace nfs-utils-1.0.6 which might have a better performance. I could only compile it w/o wrapper and security stuff. No need for that anyhow fttb.
There are two binaries mountd and nfsd (and there's a lot more utils like showmount etc)

First I start my portmapper: ./portmap
Next I need to mkdir /var/lib/nfs
followed by mountd: ./mountd -f /tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/etc/exports
followed by ./nfsd

Unfortunately mounting a share doesn't work:
/var # mount -t nfs -o soft,udp,rsize=32768,wsize=8192,nolock 192.168.1.220:/tmp/harddisk/part1/Movies /var/movies
mount: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused
mount: nfsmount failed: Bad file descriptor
mount: Mounting 192.168.1.220:/tmp/harddisk/part1/Movies on /var/movies failed: Invalid argument
/var #

(my kernel has nfsd support)

Anyone?

PS: I haven't started performance testing with SFU NFS client yet

JOCKYW2001
11-10-2004, 14:27
please send you're firmware to forum@chupa.nl

i also have the GPL of firmware 1.1.2.7 available (yes i know there is no 1.1.2.7 firmware yet) i'll send you login details to get them
if there are others interrested please contact me

I compiled the 1.1.2.7 , it runs with no noticable improvements. I added NFSv3 client/server support and also managed to get the kernel based NFSv3 daemon and utils to run. Atm the telnetd and nfs stuff must be started by hand. As soon as I've sorted out how to start stuff automatically in the most efficient way I will make it available to chupa.

Fabe
18-11-2004, 13:44
Hi JOCKYW2001,

kann you tell me how you compiled the nfs-utils stuff?
I was trying to compile nfs-utils against uClibc cause I'd like to have a nfs-server on my asus wl500g running on OpenWRT. However tehre some problems with getrpcbynumber_r function which is not existent on uclibc.

Have you compiled it static against glibc?

Greetings,
Fabe

JOCKYW2001
18-11-2004, 14:48
Have you compiled it static against glibc?

Yes

JockyW

ezhikov
04-02-2005, 12:22
I compiled kernel with nfsd support,
portmap
nfs-utils

but cannot mount with strange error
host who mount writes Permission Denied
but in my wl-hdd's syslog
written
mountd: getfh failed: Operation not permitted ...
what doe's it mean ????