PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : WL500bv2

Okoun
06-10-2004, 10:47
Hi all,
ASUS have released firmware 1.8.1.9 for ASUS wl500bv2

We have encountered several units of this router which were rebooting all the time when Oleg's customizes firmware was flashed inside them and this occured even after flashing back the official firmware. With some older version the router could function, but not with wireless.

The original firmware had the wireless interface named ra1 instead of eth2

We noticed, that this piece had a different WIFI controller inside. While the previous routers had a LINKSYS inside, this one had a RALINK.

This unfortunaetly means that Oleg's customized firmware cannot be used here since it doesn't have the correct driver.

Antiloop
06-10-2004, 10:52
Hi all,
ASUS have released firmware 1.8.1.9 for ASUS wl500bv2

We have encountered several units of this router which were rebooting all the time when Oleg's customizes firmware was flashed inside them and this occured even after flashing back the official firmware. With some older version the router could function, but not with wireless.

The original firmware had the wireless interface named ra1 instead of eth2

We noticed, that this piece had a different WIFI controller inside. While the previous routers had a LINKSYS inside, this one had a RALINK.

This unfortunaetly means that Oleg's customized firmware cannot be used here since it doesn't have the correct driver.

can you please supply us with inside photo's as well..

perhaps they will work with the new upcoming custom firmware 1.8.x.x

Okoun
08-10-2004, 22:55
OK, I'll ask the owner to take the pictures. To precise my previous post - the unit didn't work with original v1 firmware, but only with the release of firmware for ASUS wl500bv2 (which was still unavailable when the unit hit the stores).

Therefore IMO Oleg's firmware will work with this unit only if it would incorporate v2 firmware aswell (or the drivers).

Okoun
09-10-2004, 09:23
OK, here are the pictures

http://czfree.net/forum/showthread.php?postid=106317#post106317

They say that there used to be Broadcom chip, but now there is RT2460P chip.

Is it helpful enough?

Oleg
09-10-2004, 10:08
Well, it's will be possible to compile native firmwares for all units. But this requires some testing.

Okoun
09-10-2004, 23:21
I think that finding proper drivers should not be a big deal - ASUS release sources, don't they? But I think that this time it will be necessary to create different builds of custom firmware as ASUS do.

In the czfree forums someone reported to make a functional openwrt firmware for the new router kind. He used RA2400.o driver, which was ripped from the original firmware, however there are still some issues (e.g. not possible to set up mode master (AP)).