PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Firmware 2.0.0.7

ihty
09-06-2007, 11:34
Hi all,

Got my wl700ge from service today. With 2.0.0.7 firmware. Anybody know what is it?

USE THIS FIRMWARE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Compatible with:

WL-700gE

Changelog:

Unknown at this moment, Please consider this firmware as beta/experimental.

Download file here:

http://website.wl500g.info/beta/wizard.php?brand=1&model=21&id=91

Antiloop
09-06-2007, 13:16
Hi all,

Got my wl700ge from service today. With 2.0.0.7 firmware. Anybody know what is it?

never seen.. but have to say it looks cool :D

LeperKing
09-06-2007, 21:09
Did you get a softcopy of the firmware?

LK

sollie
10-06-2007, 08:42
This looks pretty cool. I hope i can still use my "Kfurge_costum_configuration" in the future ;).

Sollie.

AverySimonsen
10-06-2007, 17:50
That is odd. If this firmware version has made it out to the asus service personnel, then why don't they release it to the general public?

The version number makes me wonder if the latest released firmware was actually developed in the year 1046. Considering its level of stability, it wouldn't surprise me that much if it was developed without the use of modern technology :)

ihty: How does it run? Do the built-in applications finally work? It could just be a rework of the configuration interface without fixes to the more serious problems.

DrLamer
11-06-2007, 11:55
ASUS WL-700gE - 2.0.0.7 firmware

Check it:
http://www.asus.ru/ftp/spk/WL700gE_2.0.0.7.rar

LeperKing
11-06-2007, 13:33
Thanks for the link DrLamer. ;) Have you installed it? Was there any issues on install or major bugs with the new firmware.

LK

PETE77
11-06-2007, 14:41
At least a bit of news from ASUS concerning the Firmware.
I tried to look on the Rusian Page but actually there is no direct link to this Firmware. Has anybody a BugFix list?
Greetz Pete

Guru
11-06-2007, 15:02
Is this firmware better then 1.0.4.6? any new features? any reasons to install it?

elgatoz
11-06-2007, 16:40
anyone installed yet?

sollie
11-06-2007, 17:56
I just installed it, 5 minutes ago. Cool interface (Ajax).

I only tested the downloadmanager:
- It saves the list. (i rebooted and it remembered my torrents)
- it autoresumes on startup.

Sollie.

DrLamer
11-06-2007, 18:08
I just installed it, 5 minutes ago. Cool interface (Ajax).

I only tested the downloadmanager:
- It saves the list. (i rebooted and it remembered my torrents)
- it autoresumes on startup.

Sollie.

it's good news

sollie
11-06-2007, 20:16
My router doesnt showup in my network (i dont like that, coz my networkplayer cant find it).

With the path: //wl700ge i can access it.

It works very well with windows vista.

Sollie.

qz3fwd
11-06-2007, 23:09
Cool-Does it download 4+ GB torrents correctly?

yanher
12-06-2007, 02:55
I find out some problems as firmware 2.0.0.7 on my 700ge.
1. It isn't to login also can enter to setup page.
2. BT downloading can't work..

I will change back to 1.0.4.6 ..:(

qz3fwd
12-06-2007, 15:22
I upgraded last night.
+Cool new interface.
-Lost all WAN access.
?NFS works with tvix machines now? (Hopefully)
?BT downloads over 4GB work now?

Unfortunately trying to fix the internet access, I changed from Gateway to AP and now cannot access the router:(

Tonight will be spent debugging the problems I now have (Self inflicted)

elgatoz
12-06-2007, 16:58
installed now, here more screenis

luckynuts
12-06-2007, 21:25
hey guys, i got trouble uploading this new firmware....canīt do it via webinterface neither via firmware restauration....both it says there was an error...tryed to yank it out, press the ez button and tryed it again..didnīt work...well, got xp and put a static ip on it

any ideas? :(

Lewes
12-06-2007, 21:37
It looks like I'm lucky. I was installed without any problem and it's working well.

qz3fwd
13-06-2007, 02:12
Problem easily fixed. After factory reset to defaults, I just had to re-enter my dsl username/pw in the start setup "wizard" and I am back surfin the web.

I like this new firmware.

I will try NFS tonight. Keeping my finger crossed.

kfurge
13-06-2007, 02:44
This looks pretty cool. I hope i can still use my "Kfurge_costum_configuration" in the future ;).

If we get source, you can count on it.

- K.C.

LeperKing
13-06-2007, 10:35
If we get source, you can count on it.

- K.C.

In the absence of the GPL code, has anyone tried the telnet hack on this?

http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=42807&postcount=1

LK

dalanik
13-06-2007, 10:37
This new firmware looks cool. Can someone post step-by-step instructions on how to update to it for us dummies :-)

Can you also confirm all functionality, ie. Bittorrent, WiFi, is working?

Also, what about data on shares, is it necessary to backup data prior to firmware upgrade?

Regards,

D.

luckynuts
13-06-2007, 10:49
nobody an idea for my problem?

elgatoz
13-06-2007, 12:51
In the absence of the GPL code, has anyone tried the telnet hack on this?

http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=42807&postcount=1

LK

u don't need the hack, telnet is already enabled in 2.0.0.7.

greetz

elgatoz
13-06-2007, 13:21
nobody an idea for my problem?

look here http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=6266

IMM22
13-06-2007, 13:24
This firmware finally resolves, at least for me, the BT files. I can download torrents, it's slow but works.

I'm downloading a 4 Gb file. let's see if I have the old problems.

houli-mouli
13-06-2007, 19:11
Installed, tested, perfect.
Performance still shit.

qz3fwd
13-06-2007, 22:38
I lined up a 6 GB torrent last night and it appears that it created the 6 GB file, but I will not see until tonight if it ever started/completed/or where it has gotten to. Keeping my finger crossed.

kfurge
14-06-2007, 03:00

That's good news. What kernel version is running?

- K.C.

sollie
14-06-2007, 07:34

Yeah, i hope Kfurge is able to kill the deamon coz its not password protected :D.

Sollie.

SVG
14-06-2007, 08:44
I upgraded too on 2.0.0.7, all looks like, but feature "Photo Library" d'not work, I can't view photo in my published Photo Library :(

Question not in a topic, what you use for cooling device? In my opinion, for internal hdd aren't long life in this working temperature...

elgatoz
14-06-2007, 14:19
That's good news. What kernel version is running?

- K.C.

huhu 2.4.20, better than 1.0.4.6?

greetz

Darius_LT
14-06-2007, 14:48
Yeah, i hope Kfurge is able to kill the deamon coz its not password protected :D.

Sollie.

I guess there is this kind of telnet because it is a development release.

I like the new UI. It is much better now, in all aspects.

The first firmware update did not worked properly for me. Next update worked fine after a reset to defaults.

Secure WLAN did not worked properly at first setup (felt like the keys/passwords on the router and PC did matched, although I reentered them few times). But then I did a new setup again and now it works fine.

My files on the disk were untouched by the firmware update, but make a backup of you files if you have something valuable there.

sollie
14-06-2007, 20:33
Does anybody know where to change the workgrop. Right now its using: WORKGROUP. Thats why it didnt show up in my network.

Sollie.

sollie
14-06-2007, 21:13
WOOOOW, my wireless speed is 2.4 megabite p/s.

Sollie.

kfurge
15-06-2007, 02:44
huhu 2.4.20, better than 1.0.4.6?

Unfortunately not... Same as 1.0.4.6 :-(

I was hoping to see a 2.6.x kernel with a major version bump from 1 to 2.

- K.C.

back2basic
15-06-2007, 20:29
does anybody know when asus comes with a update or aren't there anymore updates for this box cause last week a newer firmware for the wl500gp came out

sollie
16-06-2007, 08:39
Does anybody know howto enable port 21 from wan to lan. I want the wl700 ge ftp-server reacheble from the net.

I am looking for a way, using the origional ui.

Sollie.

etheric
18-06-2007, 01:55
Anyone else having problems getting attached usb storage to work properly? I can format the disk (a 250g buffalo) but when i try to create a volume for sharing i get "Failed attempting to create pool". I've tried through the "file sharing managment" tab and the "network and system" tab, no luck.

I could probably create and mount a volume myself through command line but i'm not sure what device an attached usb drive gets added as, it's not in /dev/usb..

~thanks

etheric
18-06-2007, 05:11
Anyone else having problems getting attached usb storage to work properly? I can format the disk (a 250g buffalo) but when i try to create a volume for sharing i get "Failed attempting to create pool". I've tried through the "file sharing managment" tab and the "network and system" tab, no luck.

I could probably create and mount a volume myself through command line but i'm not sure what device an attached usb drive gets added as, it's not in /dev/usb..

~thanks

I figured it out, i just had to reboot the router and then the create volume worked.. Other than that little snafu the 2.0.0.7 firmware is great.

turrican
18-06-2007, 06:16
hi all,

got some questions before I 'upgrade' to the new FW, I'm currently using kfurge's lovely fw,

-does the harddrive spin down with this new fw?
-has there been any improvment to the bt client? (i.e. scheduler? or partial torrent download?)
-does the print server work when the unit has been power cycled without the need to go into the config?

Thanks guys
-t-

antoschka
18-06-2007, 10:25
Hi, is it possible that old utilities 1.7 wont work anymore and therefore neither the download manager nor the photo album can connect to the router ...

Thanks for feedback

antoschka

pixelartist
28-06-2007, 20:55
Hey,

i am new to this forum so hi@all. I recieved my A700 this week and as i looked through the net for little detailed information this thread poped up - so i installed 2.0.0.7 (nothing to loose).

Right after clicking on "go" the page seemed to upload it and turned white. After 5 Minutes of waiting nothing happend. So i resetted and es voila ... 2.0.0.7. (Okay, i am not mentioning my cold sweat right here ...)

So i never had big exp with the other FWs aroud but i really like to hear Furges "spinning down" and "ctorrent" mods ... my 2.0.0.7 isnt spinning down .. neither it does work along with torrent files.

If anyone has some hints how to speed'em up or slow the disk down :) - i would be pleased!

houli-mouli
29-06-2007, 06:36
Hey,

i am new to this forum so hi@all. I recieved my A700 this week and as i looked through the net for little detailed information this thread poped up - so i installed 2.0.0.7 (nothing to loose).

Right after clicking on "go" the page seemed to upload it and turned white. After 5 Minutes of waiting nothing happend. So i resetted and es voila ... 2.0.0.7. (Okay, i am not mentioning my cold sweat right here ...)

So i never had big exp with the other FWs aroud but i really like to hear Furges "spinning down" and "ctorrent" mods ... my 2.0.0.7 isnt spinning down .. neither it does work along with torrent files.

If anyone has some hints how to speed'em up or slow the disk down :) - i would be pleased!

Go to kfurges page and everything you need will be there.
http://home.comcast.net/~kfurge/wl700ge.html

The firmeware he wrote is based upon 1.0.4.6 version. To me most stable one.

pixelartist
02-07-2007, 22:03

Thx for your advice.

I am still running the 2.0.0.7 and peeked around my router exploring which file does what. Due to my exploration i came along this:

534 ./apps/usr/.giFT/FastTrack
471 ./apps/usr/.giFT/Gnutella
9 ./apps/usr/.giFT/OpenFT
1 ./apps/usr/.giFT/completed/corrupted
1 ./apps/usr/.giFT/completed
2 ./apps/usr/.giFT/ui
1066 ./apps/usr/.giFT
553 ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc/bin
1010 ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc/lib/giFT
1 ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc/lib/pkgconfig
1313 ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc/lib
534502 ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc/share/giFT/FastTrack
459 ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc/share/giFT/Gnutella
11 ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc/share/giFT/OpenFT
2 ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc/share/giFT/ui
: 992 ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc/share/giFT
^@992 ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc/share
2858 ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc
1 ./apps/usr/bin
3924 ./apps/usr
43944 ./apps

Does this mean what i am believe it is meaning? FastTrack and Gnutella are familiar to us all ... but i reread the giFT Project Page - giFT Wikilink (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GiFT).

So ... what are these files doing on my disk??

nos96
04-07-2007, 06:18
md-daapd on 2.0.0.7 not working?
iTunes 7.3 not show track in my library on wl700 :mad:

kfurge
06-07-2007, 02:45

You give me too much credit. All I did was fix a few bugs and put together a simple framework to hang some applications on.

- K.C.

sirsmokealot
22-07-2007, 19:49
Hi,

had install the firmware successfully. Very nice WI.

But I have some problems.

I try to install the actual "teamspeak linux server".

I download the package from teamspeak HP.

Extracted it in the following folder:

shares/MYVOLUME1/home/tss2_rc2

I chmod the "server_linux" and "teamspeak2-server_startscript to 777

Error:

If i exec the startscript (./teamspeak2-server_startscript)
the error "teamspeak2-server_startscript : not found" appears.

Error2:

If i try to exec the "server_linux" (:/server_linux) the error appears that the applett not found.

Can everyone help me to fix this problem??

regards

sirsmokealot

yeller
27-08-2007, 14:40
I installed the 2.0.0.7 firmware last night and LOVE it. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it addresses many of the functionality limitations of the device, however it did add one (in my mind) critical update.

Additions:
- SIMPLE/EASY ability to prioritize traffic. Simple buttons. WOW, LOVE IT. I tried a huge download from a BT server and my VOIP traffic was still a little delayed, but not choppy. I'll continue testing. The old method of manually setting ports wasn't compatible with the largest VOIP providers since they require a range of ports to be prioritized. Hopefully this new implementation will work. FYI, multiple questions on ASUS support site sit unanswered (8 months and counting).

- Easy to see list of servers that sit on the network. The old way was not intuitive and difficult to find.

Open issues:
- Problems importing BT feed: The import process is not smooth and sometimes fails. It doesn't always save the feed. Sometimes the status screen stalls and doesn't display results. I haven't had an opportunity to download a file larger than 2GB. I still can't get the client synchronized with the router. I've uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times.

- The router keeps defaulting to PPOE (or what ever DSL connectivity is called) for internet access. Interestingly enough the router can see the internet IP, but won't allow clients out. I rebooted multiple times and finally got it working. Not clear on the problem. One nice addition is the router will let the client know when internet access is down by routing users to the router interface.

AverySimonsen
27-08-2007, 16:06
As great as the 2.0.0.7 firmware is, let's not forget that it leaves the router wide open to WAN side password free telnet sessions (afaik). In my book that renders it completely useless.

niekbruins
02-09-2007, 19:18
Tried the 2.0.0.7 FirmWare but sometimes i get the following error:

Connection Fail Message

You are fail to access the web page you want to reach.
Fail Connection Reason :
Your ISP's DHCP function is Fail
We Suggest You to :
Please check if your ethernet cable is still being pluged into WAN port of WL-700gE.
Please login Admin ID/Password first.
We will direct you to do relative setting to fix this problem.
Admin ID :
Admin Password :

Please Fill in your PPPoE Account and Password (Provided by your ISP). We will help you finish the PPPoE Settings.
PPPoE Account :
PPPoE Password :
Please contact with your ISP(Internet Service Provider) to find out the root cause of DHCP failure.
Please make sure WL-700gE's LAN ip is differ from your ISP's gateway ip.
Please check if your DNS Setting is correct.
Or you can go to WL-700gE's Setting Pageto check and modify your settings.

I think it is the same Error as Yeller described.

I downgrade to 1.0.7.8 again, waiting for a better 2.x version

etheric
27-12-2007, 23:53
I get the same error after rebooting the router (the PPPoE redirect). I have found that if i disconnect and reconnect to the internet through the web UI it starts working again. I wish there was a fix to stop it defaulting to PPPoE crap.

~e

turrican
14-02-2008, 02:31
As great as the 2.0.0.7 firmware is, let's not forget that it leaves the router wide open to WAN side password free telnet sessions (afaik). In my book that renders it completely useless.

OMG, I just tried this version of the firmware and it's great! the torrent client especially is a huge improvement imho. Mainly becuase it lets you schedule your downloads, which is huge for me as I have a large 'off-peak' data allowance (g'day to all you Ozzies out there, you know what I'm talking about). It also lets you choose the destination folder for the completed file. I think I'm going to stick to this one. It's behind my voip router and wan access is disabled so I think it should be fairly safe, it's like having a whole new router! why oh why dont they release this officially <smacks head>

-t-

minimaxa
19-02-2008, 10:38
When i first bought the router a week ago i thought who would design a bt client which is so useless, have you not seen utorrent? But very happy now that i have updated the firmware to 2.0.0.7, it is working smooth as! The gui is soooo much better and the dl function is at least able to be used with a scheduled dl option available now. This is how it should have been in the beginning!

The pppoe redirect page does come up when configuring though which is irritating but not the end of the world, maybe this is something asus can work on in the next firmware edition, along with more bt functionality and faster wireless transfer speeds.

Overall i have to say that this is a great all round router, there really is nothing else for the price and versatility on the market which beats it (yet).

good work asus!

Dimaker
09-03-2008, 02:21
I need Help!!!!! help me adjust routing that Firmware 2.0.0.7

DJ ToXiC
21-04-2008, 21:15
Can't you give me the source of 2.0.0.7 to add RUSSIAN language to the FirmWare!?

thefoolmonty
22-04-2008, 07:26
This firmware has been around for 10 months now.

Is it officially released or still "beta" ?

Have there been any updates or is the Telnet access still insecure?

JOC

etheric
23-04-2008, 04:32
I don't think they will ever officially release this firmware, I used it for almost a year. I always had issues with it, like it trying to pppoe so i would always have to disconnect and reconnect after a reboot just to get back online and it always running at a cpu load over 1.0. I thought the nice UI as worth it but I was wrong, recently i downgraded to k.furge's latest firmware and am very impressed. I also like having ipkg to install other apps.

~e

Omega24v
06-10-2008, 16:06
Can't you give me the source of 2.0.0.7 to add RUSSIAN language to the FirmWare!?

Hi,

I'am also searching the GPL because I want to integrate the 2.0.0.7 UI into the 1.0.7.8KF - but i also can't find it anywhere!!

wl700geWill
04-12-2008, 18:25
The link from asus.ru changed http://www.asus.ru/ftp/WL700gE_2.0.0.7.nas
md5sum = a45270725fea86f0a43a294d4f1e9484