PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : WL-500g + (Non-bootable) Samsung 256MB Usb Disk + Trust BT Dongle

molski
05-10-2004, 13:29
Hi Guys,

If I want to use my WL-500g also as BT router, a few questions came up in my mind...

I got the WL-500g (offcourse!), a (non-bootable?? , I tried to boot it with Linux and DOS system files, my laptop supports it,but it will not boot from it) Samsung 256MB USB Stick, Trust USB BT Dongle and a Trust USB Hub.

I use BT for file transferring through Smartphone --> PC and vice versa, and internetting with my SonyEricsson P900 through a BT serial connection with my laptop (but I don't care if it will be file transferring through phone --> pc or phone --> usb disk... (I think the last one is cooler actually :) ).

After putting the affix-stack files on the USB disk, putting the BT Dongle and Stick into the USB hub and the hub in the WL-500g...then what?

Does this "trick" require to boot from the USB Stick?
Or do I have to use customized firmware and log in through SSH/Telnet after plugging in the hub and start the BT service manually?

Regards,

Molski

WlanMan
06-10-2004, 14:35
Hi

No, the USB Stick does not need to be bootable, even you use the "Filesystem from HD" installation fo Olegs Firmware and sure not with the Afix installation. Stick, BT dongle and Hub should be all you need :).

You need to bring the BT stack up and Running according to the Readme, and then set up some new routings (and DHCP?) to the virtual ethernet interface created by the BT dongle.

Maybe i try this some time, but as long as i have only a dongle and no other BT gadgets ... :rolleyes:

Greets