PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Transmission problem please help

zhou66
06-06-2007, 15:31
hi

i am from china ,i have a problem when i use transmission

i download a file which with chinese file name ,when i download complete .it is have some error chinese charactor...

and in Samba it`s display incorrect also.

I don't know how to solve it.

please help

thank you~~~~

ps: i`m sorry my english

like this:

oleo
06-06-2007, 22:20
You should separate your problems into subproblems.

Transmission CGI and daemon requires that torrent filename uses ascii characters. Multibyte are not supported.
Daemon itself uses UTF-8 charset so there is no problem with filenames described in .torrent file. Nor should be a problem with downloading.
Ext3 filesystem shoud handle UTF-8 as well.
Samba should be configured for correct codepage.
Use samba2 package and not Oleg provided 2.0.10

zhou66
07-06-2007, 16:14
You should separate your problems into subproblems.

Transmission CGI and daemon requires that torrent filename uses ascii characters. Multibyte are not supported.
Daemon itself uses UTF-8 charset so there is no problem with filenames described in .torrent file. Nor should be a problem with downloading.
Ext3 filesystem shoud handle UTF-8 as well.
Samba should be configured for correct codepage.
Use samba2 package and not Oleg provided 2.0.10

the torrent filename is uses ascii charactors. and my disk filesystem is ext3.
Samba i think it`s work well because other file with chinese filename is display correct .

i think there is a problem with downloading, because when the download complete . the file folder`s property show file size is 0 kb . i upload the torrent file , please help me check the torrent file is no problem .

thank you

torrent file is here:

oleo
08-06-2007, 07:09
I've tried torrent provided for a while and I see that there is nothing wrong with Transmisison. It starts and downloads as expected. stranger.torrent file is OK. You can verify that if you select torrent and press inf then change page character encoding to UTF-8.

You have troubles with Samba. Use samba2 package and configure proper codepages.
Alternatively you can use some other transfer mechanism like ftp, scp, sftp, nfs or rsync.

zhou66
08-06-2007, 13:16
why these is problem when i see torrent file info in Transmission

and how to change page character encoding to UTF-8?

oleo
08-06-2007, 21:32
Read my lips. There is nothing wrong with Transmisison.
I have downloaded stranger without a problem. See:

$ du -csh stranger/
711M stranger/
711M total

I will change CGI display to UTF8 encoding in next release.

zhou66
10-06-2007, 14:04
i do every thing i can do but the problem is also here ~~

i think my Transmisison configure is incorrect .

what can i do anything else ?

zhou66
10-06-2007, 14:42
by the way

i just copy the torrent file to folder \torrent\source

then download.

is that right?

oleo
10-06-2007, 16:12
yes. You are right. If you see progress when downloadint thei it's OK.

zhou66
15-06-2007, 14:41
anybody help me?

error character problem ``````

thank you

sven7
28-09-2007, 02:36
Me too. I have worst condition. When I upload any file with chinese character (Samba or FTP) , it changed to funny character and not able to delete. : (

sven7
16-10-2007, 18:32
I have finally found out that was the file error on my disk... was the config file.... i need to re-do all the installation work... now is fine.....

But ... can anyone kindly help me to locate the Transmission installation procedure?? sorry for the newbie question as I seem lost on this forum , i can't find that one from Oleo..... : (

oleo
17-10-2007, 11:31
Follow http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Transmission

sven7
17-10-2007, 17:38
Thanks a lot Oleo, I install it and very success on the Transmission. It is too amazing, it is a very nice program. Work perfect that i have nothing to say... Thank you Oleo.