PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : firmware build problem

JOCKYW2001
04-10-2004, 00:13
I'm trying to compile and build the firmware from the GPL1.1.2.4 sourcecode. Although I followed all the instructions given in the ASUS-readme(s), I get build errors. The problem is that some shared libraries can not be found by the MIPSEL toolchain. I see that these libs are available and are stored in the /lib directoy of the MIPSEL toolchain (opt/brcm/hndtools-mipsel-linux/lib). What is missing? Do I have to add a path or perhaps edit a makefile?

Styno
04-10-2004, 08:22
Search the forum, there are posts by Oleg which explain what to do to setup the build environment...

JOCKYW2001
04-10-2004, 09:58
Aha, forgot to modify LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Builds nicely now.

JOCKYW2001
05-10-2004, 15:07
I managed to build a firmware from GPL 1.1.2.4
Now there are 2 .trx files in the mipsel dir: linux.trx and WLHDD_1.1.2.4_en.trx
Which one should I flash?

Can the flashtool be used in case my firmware doesn't work (which is quite likely :D )?

petgun
05-10-2004, 15:12

Congratiolations!!! without any modifications?

Antiloop
05-10-2004, 15:19
Now there are 2 .trx files in the mipsel dir: linux.trx and WLHDD_1.1.2.4_en.trx
Which one should I flash?

Can the flashtool be used in case my firmware doesn't work (which is quite likely :D )?

normally the linux.trx is the output from the one you have compiled

JOCKYW2001
05-10-2004, 15:22
As I am terribly impatient I flashed WLHDD_1.1.2.4_en.trx and it guess what, it boots up :)

Yeah, I disabled FAT support (it wouldn't compile with that) and I enabled the kernel NFSv3, but fttb I don't know if that actually runs since I don't see a /etc/exports neither do I see the rpc.mountd and rpc.nfsd daemons.

Anyhow that'll be a matter of time. Feel free to give me some tips :)

petgun
05-10-2004, 15:36
hi,

As I am terribly impatient I flashed WLHDD_1.1.2.4_en.trx and it guess what, it boots up :)
Yeah, I disabled FAT support (it wouldn't compile with that) and I enabled the kernel NFSv3....that'll be a matter of time

oh man, you made my day! Thank you very much!
Did you export every Partition?

cu,
peter

JOCKYW2001
05-10-2004, 15:49
oh man, you made my day! Thank you very much!
Did you export every Partition?

Well, I didn't export anything yet. That's what I like to figure out. At the moment I have no idea what else I have to do to get the built-in NFS daemon to work. I would hope it is just adding a exports file somewhere, but I'm afraid that's not enough. But I'm quite confident that it won't take that much longer.

update:
it seems I also need this: http://freshmeat.net/projects/nfs-utils/

petgun
05-10-2004, 16:55
hi,

it seems I also need this: http://freshmeat.net/projects/nfs-utils/
sound's good...and i'ts nice to see how fast you step forward!
Do you still have periodic (every 3-8 sec) HD-Access with green LED flashing even if you do nothing? I ask that, because i think that this HD-Watchdog or whaterver that is, may be also responsible for file inconsistence if the HD was very busy.

cu,
peter

JOCKYW2001
05-10-2004, 17:08
Do you still have periodic (every 3-8 sec) HD-Access with green LED flashing even if you do nothing?

the green HDD led is flashing once each ~15sec , but this frequency is not constant

the ethernet LAN led is now correctly flashing in green for 100mbs and yellow for 10mbs :)

petgun
05-10-2004, 17:20
Hi,

the green HDD led is flashing once each ~15sec , but this frequency is not constant..same to me....and you still don't know the reason for that periodic HD-Access ?

the ethernet LAN led is now correctly flashing in green for 100mbs and yellow for 10mbs :)

:-) :-) so the manual is now correct and who knows what else...maybe that was only a blemish/Schönheitsfehler...I don't think so...:-)

cu,
peter

PS:Maybe you already know the original NFS-HowTo at http://nfs.sourceforge.net/ very good and I am sure in http://nfs.sourceforge.net/nfs-howto/server.html you'll find all the answers to your questions.

JOCKYW2001
06-10-2004, 13:13
:-) :-) so the manual is now correct and who knows what else...maybe that was only a blemish/Schönheitsfehler...I don't think so...:-)

oops sorry , the manual is incorrect

it should be:
10mbs = green led
100mbs = yellow led

I thought it was fixed in 1.1.2.4 and later but it isn't (my nic was in 10mb mode wheras i thought it was in 100mbs ...)

petgun
06-10-2004, 15:07
oops sorry , the manual is incorrect..
;-) ok

cu,
peter