PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Samsung ML1210 not working

Nick
03-10-2004, 20:39
Hi,

I've got a Samsung ML1210 printer, according to the Hardware compatability list it works with USB, but not parallel. I can't get it to work with USB at all. I used the Wizard on the Asus and tried to do it manually. In the status window it picks up the printer shoping its model correctly and the printer works when connected directly to the computer. I'm running the 1.8.1.9 firmware on the 500g router and XP SP2. I am using a wired connection to the router. I have turned off the software firewall I run, but to no avail.

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong?

TIA

Nick

Styno
03-10-2004, 21:04
Welcome Nick. Have you searched the forum yet? Use the newest asus utility.

Nick
03-10-2004, 23:35
Thanks for your response. I searched the forums before the original post, all I could find was the post I mentioned and another one referencing that.

I downloaded the latest utility from Asus's website to no avail.

Antiloop
04-10-2004, 00:26
which Hardware compatability list are you referring to?

the one at this site
or the one at asus site?

brubber
04-10-2004, 00:47
Hi,

I've got a Samsung ML1210 printer, according to the Hardware compatability list it works with USB, but not parallel. I can't get it to work with USB at all. I used the Wizard on the Asus and tried to do it manually. In the status window it picks up the printer shoping its model correctly and the printer works when connected directly to the computer. I'm running the 1.8.1.9 firmware on the 500g router and XP SP2. I am using a wired connection to the router. I have turned off the software firewall I run, but to no avail.

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong?

TIA

Nick

You may consider reading the manual supplied on the CD that came with your router, in one of the chapters they describe in detail how to set up the LPR port in WXp

Also see http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?p=5069#post5069

Nick
04-10-2004, 12:49
which Hardware compatability list are you referring to?

the one at this site
or the one at asus site?

The one on this site says that parallel doesn't work, whereas USB does.

The Asus site (http://pl.asus.com/products/communication/wireless/printer-support.htm) says that the 1200 series work, but wasn't specifically tested.

I'll RTFM again when I get home :)

Nick
05-10-2004, 20:11
After a RTFM I decided to try it in LPR mode which is slow but worked!

Thanks for your help, I've updated the compatible hardware list.

brubber
06-10-2004, 01:26
After a RTFM I decided to try it in LPR mode which is slow but worked!

Thanks for your help, I've updated the compatible hardware list.

The slow part is probably not due to LPR but to slow WXp network browsing

(try google "slow windows network browsing" and you 'll probably find a way to speed things up)