PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : samba: unable to read/create/write files from linux

ezv
20-05-2007, 20:05
I have R/W share set up on Premium with -7g firmware. When i mount it (r/w, type cifs) from Linux machine (FC6, 2.6.20-1.2948.fc6 )

mount //my.couter/rwshare /M

//my.router/rwshare on /M type cifs (rw,mand)

I am unable to read/create/write files. I am instantly getting "Permission denied" and messages like

May 20 20:46:37 smbd[188]: map_share_mode: Incorrect value 40000000 for desired_access to file \x

in samba log on Premium. Another observations is that smbclient does not have problem with accesing files residing on this share.

I would like to point out that samba2 from src/gz optware http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable

with identical config file does nor exhibit this problem, e.g. probably this is not configuration problem.

Please is there a chance to see this issue fixed in samba that comes with firmware. I need it only to provide the Master Browser for my home network and to give me basic access to files on USB disk. Unfortunately, the bug describer forces me ti install crossware and run samba2 from USB disk.

Thanks in advance,

Ed

frank8080
21-05-2007, 07:08
I got same problem before (Permission denied),but I changed the Samba share folder to 777 ( chmod 777 * ), it works find.

ezv
22-05-2007, 02:03
Unfortunately, playing with permissions on files on Asus does not change anything. There is still "Permission denied" and the message in syslog.txt.

And the same smb.conf works fine with samba2 from optware, allowing me to to create/read/write file4 from linux on samba share.

Brgds,

Ed