PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : WL-700ge and Vista

emailpr
17-05-2007, 07:52
Guys, I just bought an Asus wl-700ge.. first of all it works fine on windows xp..(my pc has dual boot).. but on vista.. here are my problems..

1> The EZ Setup software installs in vista.. but when I click on begin EZ setup, it gives me a msg saying no network connections found..

2> somehow in Vista.. I AM connected to the Asus router because my internet is working in Vista.. BUT I am unable to view the hard drive in the Asus router on my desktop which has Vista.. the connection is via ethernet cable..

Please guide me to make this work.. How can I view the hard drive on the router in Vista?.. how can I map the drive??

thanks..

al37919
17-05-2007, 08:08
as to question 2:
there are some problems in vista to access samba share, it was discussed many times here. I suggest you to make search in this forum on 'vista and samba'

Ftp link has to work anyway.

emailpr
17-05-2007, 16:42
what version of samba does the asus wl-700ge have? is there any way to upgrade the linux OS of the hard drive in the router to make it compatible with Vista? if yes, then how do I go about doing it?

sollie
17-05-2007, 19:14
http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=7734&highlight=vista

emailpr
17-05-2007, 20:01
i tried changing the local policy setting of the network security lan management to allow NTLM and LM per the instructions in the bluescreen.com web page. still it wouldn't list the router hard drive.. any idea why? is there anything in particular that I need to do in Vista?

emailpr
18-05-2007, 07:04
problem solved.. norton firewall was not letting it from being mapped in vista.. so after the tweak and after disabling norton firewall, it works fine