PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Dropping WL500g

LytseJehannes
11-05-2007, 12:40
Dear all,

I have been using a WL500g in combination with an @home cable connection (using Motorola modem) happily for several years now.
1 time it was necessary to reinstall the router because of an update @home performed, but otherwise no problems. Occasionally my wireless connection would drop, usually because of other wireless networks (according to Netstumbler) - nothing switching off and on the router couldnt solve (probably because it choses a different channel then). Moreover, my UTP connection (via router) was not affected.
Since two days I have problems with my router; wireless connection is not found most of the time (sometimes it pops up shortly, but not long enough to get even an IP address).
It seems not to be a problem with the internetconnection per se (as when I connect the UTP cable directly to modem it worked fine). I rebooted and reinstalled the router, which temporarily seemed to solve the problem. However, today again: intermittent connection. No wireless at all, but when connected to the router by UTP, the connection works most of the time, but drops occasionally completely (for a minute or two).
To me it seems that there may be a problem with the router (as with UTP connection the line goes dead as well), but I am unaware how to check it, or to solve it. Any diagnostics utilities? Or does anybody have experience with this kind of problem?

Thanks,
Wiep Klaas