PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : New WL-500gP firmware 1.9.7.4

teo1966
08-05-2007, 08:17
ihave buy een asus wl-500 gP whit this firmware 1.9.7.4
this firmware can i not finding on a asus website
i want to try the oleg firmware but i want to go back to 1.9.7.4 as oleg not good work on my asus where can find this firmware
and how can i backup this firmware on my wl-500gP
(sorry for my englis i speak dutch)

ct16k
31-05-2007, 22:06
From what I understood from the Asus support people, 1.9.7.4 was still beta/testing, and should be available for download sometime next week.

EddieZ
03-06-2007, 15:16
De driver zelf is nog niet te downloaden, de GPL source wel. Maar daar heb je nog even niets aan.
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/wireless/WL-500gP/GPL_WL500GP_1974.zip (90 Mb !)

CPD
07-06-2007, 13:53
Hello

I have got the very same problem, plus I can't use Download Master it says:
No device was found! Please check your network connection and try again.
I use a simple 250MB FAT32 pendrive, I could use it with ftp.
I have already red all the forums, without any luck. Can you use your Download Master?
I also want to migrate to OpenWrt or Oleg or dd-wrt or ? but before, I want to save my current system, I even haven't found my actual firmware on the enclosed cd but I found a GPL_WL500GP_1.9.7.0.tar.gz and inside a image\linux.trx I guess it is not the silver bullet because it is not the 1.9.7.4, is it? So how can I use the Firmware Restoration utility without having my firmware?
Or should I downgrade to 1.9.7.2 because it's Download Master is good?

Sorry for the long post and much question, but this is killin' me, I am fed up with the mess what ASUS sells us.:(

Thank you for your help and patience.

zzzpt
07-06-2007, 18:15
WOW

GPL source code for firmware version 1.9.7.4
This product includes copyrighted third-party software licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Please see The GNU General Public License for the exact terms and conditions of this license. All future firmware updates will also be accompanied with their respective source code on our web site.
Note that we do not offer direct support for the distribution.

This is suposed to be good news ?
At least for those that are developing firmware for this router :confused: