PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : rc.local loading problem

batmanone
02-05-2007, 05:28
Dear All,

I have upgrade KC's firmware but find the following problem with the loading of rc.local as follow:

1. it seems the rc.local is not fully run, as it can mount the /opt automatically but the export path (export PATH=/opt/bin:${PATH} and export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}) seems not running as when I issue command "echo $PATH", it still display the old path, and issue command "echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH", the path is empty.

2. After I manually enter the "export PATH=/opt/bin:${PATH}" command, the command "more" will display error message "applet not found". But the "more" command is normal before I manually enter the "export PATH=/opt/bin:${PATH}" command.

I must said that after upgrade to KC's firmware, I haven't carrried out the EZSETUP procedure as I want to keep all the data inside the harddisk, would this cased the above problem ?

Any suggestion are welcome.

Thanks
Batmanone

kfurge
04-05-2007, 03:08
Regarding your items:

1) PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH don't stick with a proper authenticated login. You'll have to switch your shell to bash and set them in your personal .profile.

2) I'd guess you don't have the optware uClibc package properly installed.

- K.C.

batmanone
05-05-2007, 09:36
Regarding your items:

1) PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH don't stick with a proper authenticated login. You'll have to switch your shell to bash and set them in your personal .profile.

2) I'd guess you don't have the optware uClibc package properly installed.

- K.C.

K.C.,

Thanks for your help. For 1), I will installed bash if problem 2) solved. I have follow the steps

#wget http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable/uclibc_0.9.28-1_mipsel.ipk
#tar xvzf uclibc_0.9.28-1_mipsel.ipk; tar xvzf data.tar.gz

to install uClibc package. How can I re-install the package again? I have try to re-install by running the above commands again, but no luck.

Thanks again for your help;)

Batmanone

batmanone
20-05-2007, 06:33
For problem 1, as suggested by KC, is sovled by install bash.

For problem 2, its find that the ipkg and uclibc package haven't successfully installed. This is verified by issue the command "ipkg list_installed" and "ipkg info ipkg" and "ipkg info uclibc". I have try several time to download and re-installed the packages again, but still have no luck. Finally, I installed by download the latest ipkg and uclibc packages, and followed by "ipkg install ipkg" and "ipkg install uclibc" commands. After that, the two packages are shown in the output of "ipkg list_installed" command.

But this still not solve the "more:applet not found" problem. Finally, I found the "more" command isn't implement on the BusyBox v1.5.0 (2007-03-27 22:18:28 PST) version that I have installed. The original version BusyBox v1.00-pre2 (2005.11.11-01:19+0000) do have it.

How can I added the "more" command without needed to fall back the Busybox version to the original ?

Thanks!

kfurge
21-05-2007, 02:22
How can I added the "more" command without needed to fall back the Busybox version to the original ?

Install the "less" package and symlink "more" to "less".

- K.C.

batmanone
22-05-2007, 09:45
Install the "less" package and symlink "more" to "less".

- K.C.

Can't install the "less" package as it stated the package already installed by Busybox when try to install. Finally, solve the problem by remove the original "more" symlink link at /opt/bin and symlink it to the /bin/more file.

Thanks KC.

kfurge
25-05-2007, 02:48
Can't install the "less" package as it stated the package already installed by Busybox when try to install.

Glad your problem is solved.

FWIW, there are command line options to ipkg which will instruct it to overwrite files from other packages. If I remember correctly, the -force-overwrite option alone will do this.

- K.C.