PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Port forwarding

priit
06-04-2007, 10:42
Hello

I have network with static IP. I want to connect to the computers of this network from other network (outside the building) via Remote Desktop Connection (RDC)

I managed to connect to computer A (192.168.1.2). How can i connect to computer B (192.168.1.4)? Where must i specify that RDC connects to that specified computer?

LCE
20-04-2007, 15:49
I've not understood exactly what you want.

BUT.....

If you want to access computers on your LAN from WAN(Internet) side of your router, like..

Internet (router WAN ip e.g. 143.123.100.100) ---> Router --->MyLAN(e.g. subnet 192.168.0.0/24).

..you can set this directly through IPTABLES, or better(for less experienced users) through WEB management page of router under Menu "NAT Setting-->VirtualServer").

Then you simply make RDP connection to WAN ip address of your router and your router will automatically redirect packets(which has had destination port 3389=RDP) to inside IP address specified in "Virtual server statement".

As long as you can't make a choice which port to use in Windows RDP client, you can make only one port-forward(one machine - because you have only one port TCP3389, and not a range of ports).

So I recommend you to set this port-forward to one station in inside LAN and then from that station make RDP connection to other COMPs.(or use VPN remote access :). This only applies to scenario if you have only one WAN address available(aka dynamic public IP address).

If you have scenario LAN-->Router-->LAN, then you should use not port-forward but 1:1NAT. You must have reserved one address from outsideLAN for one in insideLAN. Like this ... IP with 172.16.0.2/16(outside) is 192.168.0.4/24(inside). But I'm not sure if ASUS router is capable of doing this, because I have not found any possibility of setting 1:1NAT in WEB page of router. (Maybe directly through IPTABLES???)

Maybe someone more familiar with IPTABLES(router uses it for this-AFAIK) will help you..

Bye.