PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Set timezone (shell)

sollie
01-04-2007, 13:57
Do this:

Step 1:
rm /opt/bin/date

Step 2:
reboot

Step 3: add the following line to your rc.local and ~/.profile:

export TZ=CET-1CEST-2,M3.5.0/02:00:00,M10.5.0/03:00:00

(i use this for Amsterdam, http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Configuration#head-a7708420e79025405daa939605108397c2bd7343)

Step 4: test it with the following command:

date

Sollie.

mumsoft
09-04-2007, 12:53
Hi,

I was glad to find these instructions, because my Noxon 2 Audio shows a time 2 hours slow. I.e if local time is 10 o'clock, the Noxon shows 8 o'clock. In the Web interface both the system time and the browser time show the correct 10 o'clock.
But with your instructions the Noxon still shows 8 o'clock. Then, in the web interface (advanced options, system setup), the system time is 2 hours fast(!), browsertime is still correct.
Ok, if I login as myself the date shows correct local time. But login in as root shows the original 2 hours slow time.

In overview:
system time: 12:00
browser time: 10:00
login as user time: 10:00
login root time: 8:00
Noxon time: 8:00

Now, I want the correct time for the Noxon
I assumed it is the time from the Asus/root that my Noxon gets, but that is wrong. I found out that it uses it's own timezone, configurable in the setup with Configure date/time. It just took me a day to find out, so I hope someone else with a Noxon will profit.

Marc

sollie
23-07-2007, 14:04
you should use:

vi /opt/home/root/.profile

And add the timezone rule there.

mumsoft
28-07-2007, 13:22
you should use:

vi /opt/home/root/.profile

And add the timezone rule there.

So I did (with joe, vi is vies). But until then I had no other home for root than the default "/"
So I changed /etc/passwd accordingly.
I must say it worked. Thanks! :)

But I had copied over my own .profile partly, and when logged in as root I saw that the prompt was ugly. So... I changed /etc/passwd again, to reflect /opt/bin/bash as root's shell in stead of /bin/sh. I logged in as root once again, and now all was fine. I thought for a while.

Next morning the white devil did not want to boot anymore. It kept rebooting. :eek:

Apparantly I had forgotten to give Root the correct search path, but that's just a guess.
In stead of the more usual reset/reflash/reconfigure solution I'm now figuring out how to access the disk at my pc. If I succeed I will let it know. :rolleyes:

Marc