PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Ezsetup

patrickquek
19-03-2007, 15:43
Hi,

I tried using EZSetup but was never able to complete it successfully. Here's what I did:

1) Start EZSetup on 700gE by holding down the EZSETUP button for a couple of seconds.
2) Start EZSetup on my laptop
3) I chose the wired LAN connection, then made all the configurations after that.
4) The progress box opens - there are 3 boxes. The first and second one completes successfully and it moved on to the third box. After a while, it fails with a message "trouble with the connection, please try again" or something like that.

I found that my wireless connection on my laptop has been changed even though the EZSetup didn't completely finished. I tried the above steps choosing my wireless card instead of wired LAN with the same results.

I recall that I was able to complete the EZSetup successfully on my first 700gE (before i exchanged it for this one).

Is this a bug or am I the only one with the problem?

I brought it back to the ASUS tech center today and they tried with another of their 700gE with the same results (unable to complete). What they told me is that it could be a 'standard feature/bug' of ASUS's firmware.

Can anyone feedback if they have been completing EZSetup w/o such issues?

Thanks.
Patrick

back2basic
19-03-2007, 16:32
try entering the webif on http://192.168.1.1 there you can also setup the device
login : admin . Pass: admin

patrickquek
20-03-2007, 03:31
try entering the webif on http://192.168.1.1 there you can also setup the device
login : admin . Pass: admin

Thanks for the response. I've been able to do the setup via the web all along with no issues so technically I don't need to use EZsetup.

But I'm more concerned if the inability to complete the EZsetup is an indication that something is 'broken'.

Have you been able to complete EZsetup from your PC/laptop?

cheers,
Patrick

dalanik
20-03-2007, 08:37
I had problems with EasySetup first couple of times I tried. I had to power-cycle the router and try 3 times before it found it, but in the end it worked.

back2basic
20-03-2007, 15:44
EZsetup didn't completed on my device it hangs on the 3rd icon just like yours

patrickquek
20-03-2007, 16:46
EZsetup didn't completed on my device it hangs on the 3rd icon just like yours

Thanks for the info. I guess its safe to say its a generic 'bug' which can be ignored :-)

patrickquek
03-04-2007, 03:40
Just to close the loop:

I realised that EZsetup works on another machine - i figured that its the firewall on my first laptop that was preventing EZsetup form working correctly.

Thanks all for your help!

cheers,
Patrick