PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Connection to the router lost after APPLY

dalanik
17-03-2007, 20:45
Hello everyone. I just bought the 700gE with 250Gb drive. Pretty much satisfied, so far managed to do everything I wanted, we'll se how it goes when I start mapping ports for remote access :-) But back to my problem.

As I say, all works fine, I see the router in my network, I can connect to it as admin, all fine. But whenewer I hit the "apply" button to change some settings (mostly on wireless tab, i've been setting that) and it displays progress bar going 3-4 seconds, it just hangs and is unable to display page. Not always but like 70% of the time.

The router just stops on THAT windows PC. I can't even ping it, can't do ipconfig /renew to get new IP, restarting the machine doesn't help.

I noticed that I can connect from the same PC via wireless then. but if the same thing happens on the wireless card, just one thing helps - power-cycling the router.

Any clues on what's going on? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanx and regards from Prague, Czech Rep.

D.

gratitude182
18-03-2007, 09:39
which firmware do you have?

this was also normal for me to set up the wlan. i couldn't connect to the box.

i have always restarted the box, then it worked!

grat182

GerardNL
18-03-2007, 11:07
I have the same thing with the KFurge version of the firmware. At least for a few seconds. Usually, I see the wlan recover in about 10 to 15 seconds.

It is something you would expect if you made any changes to the WLAN or, in my case, changes to the WAN. The routing table needs to be changed and some other things to do with IP numbers.

If you don't run KFurge firmware yet, then it's certainly something recommended.

dalanik
18-03-2007, 15:48
which firmware do you have?

this was also normal for me to set up the wlan. i couldn't connect to the box.

i have always restarted the box, then it worked!

grat182

It's 1.0.4.6, the latest official, I think.

D.

dalanik
18-03-2007, 16:05
I have the same thing with the KFurge version of the firmware. At least for a few seconds. Usually, I see the wlan recover in about 10 to 15 seconds.

It is something you would expect if you made any changes to the WLAN or, in my case, changes to the WAN. The routing table needs to be changed and some other things to do with IP numbers.

If you don't run KFurge firmware yet, then it's certainly something recommended.

No, it doesn't recover, and the thing is that I'm changing some non-important params which shouldn't influence wired connection, i.e. I'm changing some wireless params, or adding printer etc. anything that brings the progress bar does this :-(

So far, I only enabled telnet access, otherwise ot's original firmware. What are the benefits of KFurge firmware? Do all other functions/functionality remain the same after changing to KFurge? I.e. web access, album, download master, etc?

Regards,
Dalibor

Barron
18-03-2007, 17:29
I have the same thing happening, turning off my laptop wireless card then back on again will let me reconnect to the wireless network. I'd give that a try.

Best of luck to you!

dalanik
18-03-2007, 19:38
I have the same thing happening, turning off my laptop wireless card then back on again will let me reconnect to the wireless network. I'd give that a try.

Best of luck to you!

Hm, that's the idea, disabling/enabling the NIC. Will give it a try.

Thanx,
D.

mumsoft
19-03-2007, 10:22
So far, I only enabled telnet access, otherwise ot's original firmware. What are the benefits of KFurge firmware? Do all other functions/functionality remain the same after changing to KFurge? I.e. web access, album, download master, etc?

Regards,
Dalibor

It's definitely much better than Asus original firmware, :o but the changes are minimal. The benefit lies in the added possibility to install software as you like, and connect to it in a secure way (ssh vs telnet).
Some people have bettered it with mt-daapd, others with Twonkyvision. You can make it a IMAP/POP mail server. Essentially, you can control it much better than with Asus firmware.
The Web Interface is not changed at all. It just behaves as normal.

Give it a try, but read the instructions carefully.

Regards, Marc