PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : /apps/ctorrent

sollie
10-03-2007, 10:52
Dear Furge,

Is there a possibility to overwrite /apps/ctorrent with enhnced-ctorrent.
I hope this will fix the download master.

Maybe you can compile a test build for me.

Sollie.

PS: thanks anyway.

haraldrt
10-03-2007, 20:26
Sorry, but enhanced-ctorrent and the ctorrent from asus are not 100% compatible regarding their commandline arguments. :mad:

I have tried to exchange ctorrent with enhanced-ctorrent, but you need to write a wrapper for the switches used when download-master calls ctorrent.

I will try this later but, I need to earn some money for food etc. first ;)

There will be some days before i have the time to check on this again.
If there is someone capable of writing a wrapper-script espacially for the Incoming/Complete Stuff introduced by ASUS, be my guest. :D

"All" you need to do to overwrite ctorrent is:
- make a copy of /apps (cp -pR /apps <TARGETDIR>
- put a mount -o bind <TARGETDIR>/apps /apps in your rc.local
(or try it manualy first)
- mv /apps/ctorrent /apps/ctorrent.asus
- place your wrapper as /apps/ctorrent

cu Harald

qz3fwd
21-03-2007, 15:39
As I recall from looking at the sources for both, every command line for ctorrent is in enhanced-ctorrent EXCEPT 1 (there are additional switches in enhanced), so unless ctorrent relies on this 1 switch it should work assuming enhanced has not broken compatability.

Would'nt a small patch be able to be easily applied to add the missing switch/translate the args enhanced ctorrent receives before building the tool and installed in place of the original asus ctorrent tool? Either overwrite or as part of the custom firmware.

Now, if I can just find the printouts I made where I highlighted the relevant differences in the sources.

sollie
21-03-2007, 19:44
Thanks for looking into this.

Sollie.