PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Firefly

Fatboysec
06-03-2007, 22:25
Has anybody got the firefly package working on the WL700?

The standard mt-daapd is working great, but I'm unable to get firefly to work.

I use this file to install mt-daapd_svn-1498-1_mipsel.ipk firefly through ipkg. When I do so, it installs some dependencies like sqlite. Then I change the mt-daapd config file (in the same way as with the standard mt-daapd) but then I always recieve this error when starting firefly:

firefly erro while loading shared libraries
Inconsistency detected by ld.so

If I check this page (http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=5302) they mention that you need to update an ipkg config file to download firefly directly through ipkg:
# echo "src firefly http://ipkg.fireflymediaserver.org/armeb" > /etc/ipkg/firefly.conf

But this /etc/ipkg/firefly.conf file isn't there... ?
So I just downloaded the mipsel firefly package from the website and tried to install it manually. But apparently I'm doing something wrong but I can't figur out how.

Mayby there are other package that have the same functionality as firefly (cover art and flexible playlists...)?

Anybody any thoughts?

kfurge
07-03-2007, 04:06
/etc is a read-only cramfs. You need to put additional conf files into /opt/etc.

- K.C.

Fatboysec
07-03-2007, 09:11
So what I have to do is:

Create a dir ipkg in the folder /opt/etc, manually create a file firefly.conf and then execute the echo statement all over again?

And if I run ipkg install mt-daapd, then it will install the latest firefly version for this white box?

Just to be sure...

Thanks,

Bart

kfurge
08-03-2007, 02:56
I'm not an ipkg expert so I don't know. Try it and see what happens. You might need to use the -f option of ipkg to have it use your custom .conf file.

- K.C.

clausbruun
08-03-2007, 08:58
And if I run ipkg install mt-daapd, then it will install the latest firefly version for this white box?
Bart

ipkg install mt-daapd
installs mt-daapd.

n00ben
08-03-2007, 11:25
I too am trying to install this on the box (with openwrt), still no luck though :(

denco
23-03-2007, 00:06
I managed to get the FireFly server running on the WL700gE with the Kfurge's firmware based on the FireFly package compiled for the HP Media Vault (has same BRCM chipset):
1. Just installed the required optware packages (sqlite, id3tag, etc)
2. Download the server itself from the following link:
http://www.k0lee.com/hpmediavault/iTunes/
3. Update the .conf with the correct paths

Good luck,

Denco

Fatboysec
25-03-2007, 20:34
Does anybody know what I have to put in the rc.local file to start this Firefly server automatically?

Firefly is running on my box but I still have to launch it manually after a restart of the router.

Bart

gusdesigns
10-04-2007, 21:58
Does the WL700 has the same mipsel architecture as the WL-HDD?

Because I didn't know that there was already a firefly nightly release which I could install...
(Was still waiting the build of an IPKG in topic http://forum.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?p=11226 but no progress overthere :( )

If so, does someone has a howto ?

Thanks!

mumsoft
07-05-2007, 23:15
Hi,

I'm determined to get the latest Firefly running, and then come up with a how-to. I have tested en tried for weeks now, and overwon many problems. One of those is that libm.so.6 is needed by mt-daapd, but was not in /opt/lib. It appears to be in /apps/lib, but also in uclibc-opt_0.9.28-12_mipsel.ipk, that is, NOT in the oleg part, but here: http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/ddwrt/cross/stable/

Now my only problem still is this:
/opt/sbin/mt-daapd: /opt/lib/libpthread.so.0: no version information available (required by /opt/sbin/mt-daapd)
/opt/sbin/mt-daapd: /opt/lib/libpthread.so.0: no version information available (required by /opt/sbin/mt-daapd)
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: do-lookup.h: 103: do_lookup_versioned: Assertion `version->filename == ((void *)0) || ! _dl_name_match_p (version->filename, map)' failed!

There is another version of libpthread.so.0 in /lib, but that gives 'segmentation fault' with mt-daapd.

I have bought a Roku soundbridge, that can't cope with the stable mt-daapd, let alone with the pre-installed version from Asus. The Roku people (Pinnacle) have published a version 1 Firfly for Windows and Mac, but not for Linux. They won't help me. So far this damn Roku has only some usable web radiostations (the Noxon has way more of those), and it does not work very good with Twonkyvision. Besides it can't play OGG-files :mad: , these should be transcoded with... firefly.

I hope someone can help, maybe we will be able to use the Asus as a real musicmaker for Roku soundbridges.

Greets
Marc

sollie
08-05-2007, 08:39
Maybe there is somebody who can compile one for you. I think you have a good reason.

Sollie.

PS: thanks for sharing this info. Within a couple of days i buy a soundbridge or a noxon 2 :) :) .

mumsoft
08-05-2007, 21:35
Maybe there is somebody who can compile one for you. I think you have a good reason.

Hi Sollie, if you mean to compile mt-daapd, then I think it will not help. To me it looks as if something is wrong with the version of libpthread. Besides, I tried to compile mt-daapd, but got stuck with an c-compiler that does not work well. I assume I have to update all kinds of packages, but then again: I don't think it will help.

PS: thanks for sharing this info. Within a couple of days i buy a soundbridge or a noxon 2 :) :) .

Ok, you are warned, I would not buy a Ruku Soundbridge until it is clear that someone here actually has a running recent version of mt-daapd/firefly on his WL-700gE. Several people say that they have, but none of them has actually tried a Roku Soundbridge, as far as I know.

The Roku complains about Twonkymusic not having a search method (admitting it does not have one of his own), so it needs the power of Firefly. The Noxon audio 2 works flawlesly with Twonkymusic, but can't understand mt-daapd. They are mutually exclusive, so to say. Furthermore, if I have both Twonkymusic and (the 2006-stable version of) mt-daapd running, the Roku only sees the Twonkymusic-server. Only if I stop this server, mt-daapd shows up, but is regarded as not compatible by the Roku.

Marc

mumsoft
08-05-2007, 21:42
Bart,

Does anybody know what I have to put in the rc.local file to start this Firefly server automatically?

Firefly is running on my box but I still have to launch it manually after a restart of the router.

Bart

Your message is rather old, no one has answered, but I guess you already know:
put this in rc.local:

if [ -x /opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd ]; then
/opt/sbin/mt-daapd -c /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf
fi

Could you tell me what version of mt-daapd runs on your box?

Marc

velovite
10-05-2007, 09:04
I'am also interrested in getting the latest Firefly to work on the WL700.

The good news is that according to this recent post http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=5979 it is possible to have a fully functionnal server (with transcoding).

The bad news is that it requires tweaking some sources in the oleg branch, and there are not enough details given there to reproduce it.

Let's hope this gets better documented... Any advice welcome.

VV

mumsoft
10-05-2007, 11:13
I'am also interrested in getting the latest Firefly to work on the WL700.

The good news is that according to this recent post http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=5979 it is possible to have a fully functionnal server (with transcoding).

The bad news is that it requires tweaking some sources in the oleg branch, and there are not enough details given there to reproduce it.

Let's hope this gets better documented... Any advice welcome.

VV

Very good, I stumbled over this post to. My assumption that compiling mt-daapd would not help was false. Now I have compiled it, and guess what... it runs, the Roku sees it, all is well, or, err, no: it does not see any of my songs.
Problem is now that I have no ogg, flac or whatever support in mt-daapd, apparently I have to include something in the configuration. That is obvious, but what exactly I don't know (yet).

In the meantime I have noted all my feeble steps in a draft How-to, that I will publish once I get it right.

BTW: I have upgraded ogg/vorbis with ipkg (there is actually an update), so I guess the problem with noise will be over.

Stay tuned.
Greets
Marc

sollie
10-05-2007, 15:17
Ok, you are warned, I would not buy a Ruku Soundbridge until it is clear that someone here actually has a running recent version of mt-daapd/firefly on his WL-700gE. Several people say that they have, but none of them has actually tried a Roku Soundbridge, as far as I know.

The Roku complains about Twonkymusic not having a search method (admitting it does not have one of his own), so it needs the power of Firefly. The Noxon audio 2 works flawlesly with Twonkymusic, but can't understand mt-daapd. They are mutually exclusive, so to say. Furthermore, if I have both Twonkymusic and (the 2006-stable version of) mt-daapd running, the Roku only sees the Twonkymusic-server. Only if I stop this server, mt-daapd shows up, but is regarded as not compatible by the Roku.

Marc

Thanks, i will buy a NOXON2. Also becoz of the buttons ontop of the device.
I hate buttonless devices :D (no need to search for remote).

Sollie.

mumsoft
10-05-2007, 15:31
Sollie,

Thanks, i will buy a NOXON2. Also becoz of the buttons ontop of the device.
I hate buttonless devices :D (no need to search for remote).

Sollie.

Just make sure you have Windows XP somewhere, because the Noxon can only be updated with that kind of stuff. Not via the webinterface, or more cleverly as the Roku does: update itself when connected to the internet.
Furthermore: the delivered version of Twonkymusic is rel 3. Rel 4.2 is payware (but cheap), you get a voucher worth EUR 10 to upgrade.

I was planning a side-by-side comparison for the two music clients, but you ar too fast for me...
good luck

Marc

sollie
14-05-2007, 16:05
Any updates ??? :o

mumsoft
15-05-2007, 23:10
Sollie,

Any updates ??? :o

If you mean about Firefly: it will come soon I hope. I just managed to get ogg-transcoding to work, but it gives only noise.
But I hope to post a nice HOW-TO for Firefly for Roku tomorrow, if nothing bites me. And I have been bitten very often lately, just by constantly trying to get some music out of the 'soundbridge'. The bridge was closed all the time. :mad:

But if you mean: about a comparison between the Roku and the Noxon, you have to wait somewhat longer. :(

Just be patient with me.
Greets,
Marc

sollie
16-05-2007, 07:51
Thanks, thats enough :o :)

mumsoft
16-05-2007, 10:41
Thanks, thats enough :o :)

Well, enough, you could help.
The guy that posted this post http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org...pic.php?t=5979
says that he found a solution on that forum for the noise.

Maybe you could try to find what he means, that would be nice, and speed up things a bit.

Thanks
Marc :cool:

sollie
16-05-2007, 13:45
Yes sir, i will do :D

mumsoft
17-05-2007, 22:10
Hi,

as I have promised I have posted a how-to for compiling firefly on this box, that you can find here:
http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?p=55441#post55441

I hope I did not forget anything, and of course: comments are welcome.

Greets,
Marc