PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Wireless drops after 2 min

slurpey3
06-02-2007, 20:31
I'm going nuts with this Asus wl-700. I was so fed-up of the wireless failing that I wired a network cable through the house. Anyway, I still have the problem in other rooms...

I have 100% good quality signal. Wireless connects, networks drives are mapped I could even dial-in to a VPN network
WITHIN THE FIRST 2-5 MINUTES...

Then the wireless drops, and resumes some 1 minute later. I have no idea why it doesn't stick connected. Anyone has a hint on this one?

patrickquek
18-03-2007, 11:30
I'm going nuts with this Asus wl-700. I was so fed-up of the wireless failing that I wired a network cable through the house. Anyway, I still have the problem in other rooms...

I have 100% good quality signal. Wireless connects, networks drives are mapped I could even dial-in to a VPN network

Then the wireless drops, and resumes some 1 minute later. I have no idea why it doesn't stick connected. Anyone has a hint on this one?

I'm having exactly the same problem. Its fine if i do not use any encryption, i can associate with the AP.

Once i setup WEP, the performance is erratic. Often i cannot even associate (though i can see the SSID with full signal strength when i View Wireless Network from XP). When i attempt to "Connect", it waits at "Waiting for network" for very long or "Detecting network type"... and nothing happens after that. For the times when I am able to connect, i run continuous ping to see how stable the connection is -- it gets disconnected after about 3 minutes, then back on again.. very erratic.

I'm bringing it back to Asus tech support. The first unit that i got i couldn't even associate with it out of the box, standard wireless without WEP.

Gosh.

cheers,
Patrick

patrickquek
03-04-2007, 16:16

Hey...not sure if u resolved your problem.

I had a similar problem. After changing to a 3rd set, i managed to get it working by setting the channel to 4 instead of Auto. Try and see if that works for u...

cheers,
Patrick