PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : problem with dropbear

gratitude182
03-02-2007, 21:17
everything worked fine but i tried to change the port.

so i have tried to change the port from dropbear to 10000.

so i changed it in the /opt/etc/init.d/S51dropbear to /opt/sbin/dropbear -s -port 10000. all ok.

but now i can't login with the keys i have created for a more secure box --> http://www.wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=7728

i get always this error in the log

Feb 3 21:15:26 dropbear[572]: Child connection from 192.168.1.3:1117
Feb 3 21:15:28 dropbear[572]: /opt/home/grat must be owned by user or root, and not writable by others
Feb 3 21:15:29 dropbear[572]: exit before auth (user 'grat', 0 fails): Disconnect received

i have tried to do everything to the old settings (without port).
but now i generally can't login with the keys. only when i start dropbear without -s everything works fine.
i changed also the keys without success.

can somebody help?

thanks
grat182

gratitude182
04-02-2007, 12:06
now i have resteted the router, down- and upgraded it, also deinstalled/reinstalled dropbear, but it even won't work.

when i remove and reinstall it there dropbear makes the public key (=fingerprint) and one line below there is following error:
mkdir: Cannot create directory `/root': Operation not permitted

whats wronk there?

gratitude182
04-02-2007, 15:50
so now everything works...

the permissions had changed in the homedir... (i don't know why) but now it works...

grat182

PS: the thread can be deleted

Gizmo1007
04-11-2007, 23:58
Hi,

I cannot get dropbear to autostart, I can get it working manually but obviously I need to have it start as part of the start up rc.local.

I have it in my rc.local as

if [ -x /opt/etc/init.d/S51dropbear ]; then
/opt/etc/init.d/S51dropbear
fi

I have tried numerous combinations with the if statement and without, I have also tried using start at the end of the S51dropbear but nothing is getting it going.
I saw from another thread by KC that it could have something to do with busybox or bash, not sure. if anyone has any ideas how they solved it I would be grateful

Tks

Gizmo1007
05-11-2007, 00:41
Hi Guys,

Problem solved,

Just to let you know the solution.

instead of running the /opt/etc/init.d/S51dropbear command from inside the rc.local I called another script outside which checked if it was started and then if not started the dropbear.
I think the problem surrounded the chmod of dropbear in etc.

The script goes something like this.

#!/opt/bin/bash
if [ ! "$(pidof dropbear)" ]
then
/opt/etc/init.d/S51dropbear start
fi

save this script with chmod 755 in opt/etc directory you can call it test-bear.
Then add this to your rc.local as /opt/etc/test-bear.

It worked for me. Now I can automatically login in with ssh.
You could also use the above script in cron to check if it's running periodically and then start it up if not.

Working for me another thing off the list that is not getting any shorter.

ASUS -WL700, Ectc Enhanced-ctorrent, Ushare, php, lighttpd, mysqlite