PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : drop in wireless speed despite good signal quality

HRUNTING
25-01-2007, 01:59
Hello, I own a wl700ge for my home wireless network and it does everything I need it to do. I recently recommended it to a friend, but his seems to be suffering from a slow wireless connection.

When connected wirelessly, his downloads max out at about 15Kb/s and when I ping websites, many of them are dropped. The laptop we're using is sitting right next to the router on the desk, and it says the reception is excellent.

Something I noticed is that when the connection is first established (after disabling and re-enabling the wireless on the laptop for example) the connection speed with the wl700ge is rated at the full 54mbps, or whatever i have it set to, but then within 30 seconds drops to 1-2mbps. I know it's not a problem with his laptop because I can connect to the neighbor's network and stay on at full speed.

I've tried enabling and disabling all forms of wireless encryption, as well as varying the connection speed, all to no avail. What other options do I have to fiddle with? Has anyone else seen this problem? Thanks