PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Multi language Version ??? for OLEG

baroin
30-08-2004, 08:59
HI,

Oleg if i translante the wl500g web manager to french , can you create a link to your website .

Why don't create spanish, french , deutch version of your firmware ? :confused:

It's possible to add another web page to modifie Samba config or another thing.?? :eek:

Many thks for your great firmware

David.B

Oleg
30-08-2004, 09:44
HI,

Oleg if i translante the wl500g web manager to french , can you create a link to your website .

It's possible to add another web page to modifie Samba config or another thing.?? :eek:

David.B
Please clarify: have you already translated it to french?
And you want wl500g.dyndns.org page have a link to your site?

As for samba - this is not possible at the moment.

baroin
30-08-2004, 14:06
Please clarify: have you already translated it to french?
And you want wl500g.dyndns.org page have a link to your site?

Yes I've translate root_fs webpage to french , can you compil it and publish to wl500g.dyndns.org ?

As for samba - this is not possible at the moment.

And for another thing , configure another web server, or configure post-firewall etc ... , for use more web than telnet interface for make anything.

Thks

David.B

Oleg
30-08-2004, 14:33
ok, send them to me (web directory only).

Antiloop
30-08-2004, 16:14
HI,

David.B

dutch or deutsch ? :D

baroin
31-08-2004, 15:00
sorry for my poor english , i finish my translate and i post it here to make a french version.

deutch or dutch is same :p not ? :D

Antiloop
31-08-2004, 15:38
sorry for my poor english , i finish my translate and i post it here to make a french version.

deutch or dutch is same :p not ? :D
nope

deutch is nothing.. but comes closest to Deutsch (german)

jclaudej
10-11-2004, 20:45
"Baroin" Can you give me a link to download your firmware in French language ?

Thank a lot :D

"Baroin" peux tu me donner un lien pour télécharger ton firmware en Français ?

Merci :)

xlephant
11-11-2004, 10:33
for me it is possible to translate it in german(deutsch) and spanish (espanol). but there is no convenience for it, because the people who don't speak or understand english wouldn't come to this site and download the custom firmware(because the site is in english).
in germany are not so much people who don't understand english, and the ones who don't would not download a custom firmware.i think its the same in other countries in europe except france. the frensh are, what english belongs, a bit idiosyncratic. besides that they are great buddies :p

---edit---
maybe its possible for antiloop to create german,frensh or spanish subforums...to help the people who don't understand english. then the thing with the translated custom fw could work.

Styno
11-11-2004, 11:03
I suggest we're not going to start a discussion about the necessity of localisation. Very few people are unable to read/understand English (writing and speaking is a total different story ;)). Therefore its merely convenient to have a localized webinterface, not a necessity.

If someone wants to do translation they are welcome. I think Oleg and Antiloop are willing to provide links to localized firmwares and also provide the knowhow, but I don't think they should spend much time on localisation because IMHO there are more important things which can be done for the WL-500xx series.

Edit: Thanks Antiloop ;)

Antiloop
11-11-2004, 13:33
hmm... never knew the word

but it's 'necessity'

xlephant
11-11-2004, 13:33
I think Oleg and Antiloop are willing to provide links to localized firmwares and also provide the knowhow, but I don't think they should spend much time on localisation because IMHO there are more important things which can be done for the WL-500xx series

thats right, and this is also my opinion. the important things are the features not the language. but maybe it is a goody to have a translated version.

Antiloop
11-11-2004, 13:36
I suggest we're not going to start a discussion about the nessesaty of localisation. Very few people are unable to read/understand English (writing and speaking is a total different story ;)). Therefore its merely convenient to have a localized webinterface, not a nessesaty.

If someone wants to do translation they are welcome. I think Oleg and Antiloop are willing to provide links to localized firmwares and also provide the knowhow, but I don't think they should spend much time on localisation because IMHO there are more important things which can be done for the WL-500xx series.
yes well.. customization could be done yes..
but their are other priorities, also webinterface changes 'daily' so it would take a lot of time..

an option for somewhere far far away in the future is to make the firmware webinterface useable with language files.. thus 1 file for 1 language for all words/text in the webconfig..

Oleg
11-11-2004, 13:43
also webinterface changes 'daily' so it would take a lot of time..

an option for somewhere far far away in the future is to make the firmware webinterface useable with language files.. thus 1 file for 1 language for all words/text in the webconfig..
Well, the preferred way for localization is making sed scripts, so updated files will be translated automatically.

Styno
11-11-2004, 16:20
yes well.. customization could be done yes..
but their are other priorities, also webinterface changes 'daily' so it would take a lot of time..
Its 'there' :rolleyes: :p

jclaudej
15-11-2004, 19:20
HI,

David.B

Hi

If you want I am able to help you to translate the firmware to French language.

If you give me some tips. Because I never translate a firmware.
I will be happy to help you.

See you........

JclaudeJ

silver71
28-07-2005, 11:19
to Oleg and others who might be interested...

I'm running wl-500g v 2.40R from USB key where there is enough space for custom /www tree.

What I would like to know is if I plan to localize GUI for some other languages other then english, what structure would you like to have ?

That means adding an extra feature to main screen or additional option for language selector.

If we agree on common standard, anyone could make their own native language.

Was there any affort and work done by others for that matter ?

SILVER

silver71
28-07-2005, 11:26
for me it is possible to translate it in german(deutsch) and spanish (espanol). but there is no convenience for it, because the people who don't speak or understand english wouldn't come to this site and download the custom firmware(because the site is in english).
in germany are not so much people who don't understand english, and the ones who don't would not download a custom firmware.i think its the same in other countries in europe except france. the frensh are, what english belongs, a bit idiosyncratic. besides that they are great buddies :p

You miss the point.

There are people who would prefer their own language GUI.

They are mostly not firmware wizz kids, but if such native language option would exist, most of them will seek help to get it. They don't kave to know how to put custom firmware on the box. Someone else could help them. You didn't think about that ?

SILVIJE

silver71
28-07-2005, 11:32
Just to translate /www tree it's not a big deal.

The proglem I'm thinking about is cohabitation of several languages on one box, since size and structure matters. FYI I'm specifically talking about custom firmware deployment on external disc such as USB key, ot USB HDD, not flash trx, since there is not enough space, and orher freatures are more important than language, but if user has enough space, why not put extra GUI languages ?

The idea is to have tha same graph directory for all languages, and to have e.g. /en tree for English, /fr tree fo French etc...

We could just add an option to main screen reffering to default locale, and it would point to that language tree.

What do you think ?

SILVER

silver71
28-07-2005, 11:37
Well, the preferred way for localization is making sed scripts, so updated files will be translated automatically.

My linux box is curently dead and I can't use not sed nor awk nor emacs...

Do you have any other idea ?

I could make cvs file, would that be sufficient ?

SILVER

silver71
28-07-2005, 11:39
On multi-language thread Oleg mentioned using sed to parse files and write translation.

What was the idea ?

How to make sed script for asp ?

SILVER

Gray
02-08-2005, 03:48
mhh, my written english is not that good, but i can follow your discussion so i think my understanding is not that bad ;)
(A half year of English paytv really helps with that)
But even if I understand an english web interface, i would prefer a german one... So i dont really care if there is no german one, but i would take it if it would be possible :)
And if any help is needed for a German Translation, here i am
Greets

Gray