PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Bigpond Cable (bpalogin)

markc
20-01-2007, 09:59
Just got a WL700gE with firmware version 1.0.4.1 and trying to get it to connect to BP cable. I have selected "BigPond" as a connection type but it's not clear where to put my username and password details so I simply tried the PPPoE auth fields. The web logs just say "can't connect, unreachable network" (or similar) but after getting in via the utelnetd trick (whew, gotta start somewhere) I notice that there is a /tmp/bpalogin.conf with the right details.

# bpalogin -D -l stdout -d 2 -c /tmp/bpalogin.conf
BPALogin v2.0.2 - portable BigPond Broadband login client
Auth host = 60.226.152.1:5050
Listening on port 5050 (or sometimes just "Listening on port 0")

It just hangs. Is anyone here using a WL-700gE with BP and a SB5101 cable modem ? Here is what the log says...

Jan 21 01:05:49 bpalogin[164]: Cant connect to auth server - No route to host
Jan 21 01:05:49 bpalogin[164]: Sleeping for 60 seconds

Here is my bpalogin.conf and curiously there are 2 bpalogins running. Perhaps this is a bug ?

# ps aux | grep bpa
164 root 692 S bpalogin -c /tmp/bpalogin.conf
230 root 692 S bpalogin -c /tmp/bpalogin.conf

# cat /tmp/bpalogin.conf
username xxxxxxxx
password xxxxxxxx
authserver 60.226.152.1
localport 5050
logging syslog
debuglevel 0
minheartbeatinterval 60
maxheartbeatinterval 420
connectedprog bpa_connect
disconnectedprog bpa_disconnect

Also, general question, which interface is the WAN port ? ANSWER: eth0

While I'm trying to get BP cable to work and looking around I notice 2 busybox binaries. I bumped into this when trying to locate the main logfile that appears at log.asp by testing "tail" which gave me this error tail: error while loading shared libraries: tail: symbol vprintf, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference. Anyone know why there would be 2 busybox's and why this error would appear?

# ls -l /shares/bin/busybox
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 561804 Jan 1 1970 /shares/bin/busybox
# ls -l /bin/busybox
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 513860 Jan 1 1970 /bin/busybox

BTW I managed to upgrade from firmware version 1.0.4.1 to 1.0.4.6 (stock standard zip from ASUS) by simply using the web interface. If anyone is using a linux desktop, like me, and can't use the standard upgrade tools (or whatever utilities are available for windows users) then the web interface does indeed seem to work so I am mystified as to why there are such complex firmware upgrade instructions on this forum. Just like the web page says, just wait 5 minutes before hitting the orange PWR button and come back to the upgrade page and it should show the new firmware version.

More questions:

. where is the logfile that appears at http://192.168.1.1/log.asp ? Half ANSWER: use "logread"

. has anyone tried using bash instead of the default busybox ash, is it feasible to use on this kind of system ?