PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : WL500G and GRE

srosebush
28-08-2004, 06:00
I got a slight problem with this, I love the custom firmware and I love all the options this has opened up for me, but there is one thing that’s not working, I can not seem to get GRE forwarding to work. I’ve tried hours on end and even had a few of my buddies go in the router and mess with iptables manually. It just don’t happen.

The machine that I am trying to get GRE to forward to is set to the DMZ host. I even tried manually specifying it with iptables.

GRE DOES work when I remove this router from the loop so it's something I am doing wrong with it, or something wrong with the router's software itself?

If you have any information on this I would love some help on this, I’m currently running 1.7.5.9-5 (latest?)... Maybe something missed in the kernel on Oleg's site?? I'm not sure.. I'm pretty new to this router.

Thanks!!

Steve

srosebush
29-08-2004, 13:31
Okay it seems no one knows, if it's not possible to forward GRE to another box would you think its possible to install GRE on the router and have the router itself establish and maintain GRE tunnels to my friends machine??

This would probably work better since I can just have the router itself take care of doing GRE. I am sure it's possible but there are differences in compiling a kernel and making a firmware for this router than just installing linux on a regular computer.. It confuses me to hell.. Wondering if anyone can help me out?

Thanks

Steve

Oleg
29-08-2004, 14:48
Your promlems are seems to be related to conntrack_pptp iptables module. Does it handle GRE only properly? Also, wl500g does not do passthu, but real masquerading.
ip_gre is also possible, but you need to compile gre module & ip utility.

srosebush
29-08-2004, 18:19
I managed to get a firmware with my own modified kernel, the v.big question is how do I get the 'ip' tool in there??

Thanks.

srosebush
29-08-2004, 18:55
damn... i followed the instructions and i did everything i knew and i turned out with a linux.trx file.. i flashed it and it worked fine then it got itself into some sort of loop or something and all i can tell is in windows the interface went up and down and up and down...??

gawd i wish i could get this GRE problem fixed.

srosebush
29-08-2004, 21:23
UPDATE:

After hours trying to get it fixed I finally fixed it, the trick is to remove GRE Netfilter from the kernel..

Thanks for the hint Oleg it really helped, and thank you for the custom fw :)

Steve

Exirion
30-09-2004, 22:49
Hi there,

UPDATE:
After hours trying to get it fixed I finally fixed it, the trick is to remove GRE Netfilter from the kernel..

Are you really sure this is all you have done to make it work? I ran into exactly the same issue: endless ethernet offline/online loop. Disabling GRE netfilter in the kernel config didn't help for me. I really need GRE :/

Exirion
01-10-2004, 10:22
The easiest work around for me was to add ip_gre as a loadable module instead of compiled into the kernel. But why... I still don't get it why the odd behavious comes up if I compile it into the kernel.