PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : How-To: Install CCXStream

PillzburyDoofus
10-01-2007, 09:05
First of all, I wonder how many of us here are using their WL-700gE for storing video to be streamed to an Xbox with XBMC. If you do not have an Xbox with XBMC installed, then this tutorial will do you no good. Now, onto the good stuff.

First of all, you must login to your router and run "ipkg install ccxstream"

When it is finished, it prompts you to edit the startup script.
(vi /opt/etc/init.d/S75ccxstream)

It will look something like this:

#!/bin/sh

if [ -n "`pidof ccxstream`" ] ; then
killall ccxstream 2>/dev/null
fi

# see /opt/doc/ccxstream/README for the full summary on
# command-line options, but the terse summary is that
# -r is the directory to "share" using ccxstream, and is
# probably the option you most want to adjust.
#

sleep 2
/opt/sbin/ccxstream -f -F /var/run/ccxstream.pid -P s3cre7 -r /u/documents -S video=/u/v

or similar. That very last line is what you want to edit. Change it to say:

/opt/sbin/ccxstream -r /shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1 -u guest -f -F /var/run/ccxstream.pid

Then you can add the following to your rc.local script:

# Start the CCXStream media server
/opt/etc/init.d/S75ccxstream

Alternatively, if you don't want all of the folders in MYSHARE1 cluttering up your screen, you can use the "-S" switch to add virtual directories. I created a folder called ccx in /shares/MYVOLUME1 (mkdir -p /shares/MYVOLUME1/ccx)
and then changed the last line of my S75ccxstream to:

/opt/sbin/ccxstream -r /shares/MYVOLUME1/ccx -S Video=/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/Video -S Music=/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/Music -u guest -f -F /var/run/ccxstream.pid

This effectively starts the ccxstream server in the empty directory /shares/MYVOLUME1/ccx and then adds virtual links to the directory /shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/Video (and calls it Video) and a directory called Music linking to /shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/Music
It authenticates anyone who connects as guest, runs it in daemon mode, and saves the pid number to the file "/var/run/ccxstream.pid"

sollie
16-01-2007, 18:16
I use xbmc alot. Coz i am a team-xbmc member. I never use this coz i cant find the bennefits against samba.

Sollie.

PS: i also have xlink-kaid running on this thing.

Prusa
23-07-2007, 07:38
I have installed ccxstream on my WL-500gP, all works fine, but files with cyrilic symbols aren't display correctly.

I copy files from my computer to router via samba.
Samba displays names correctly.

Could you please help me?

I have HDD 80G and EXT3 file system.