PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : How do I load the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH automatically ?

Fatboysec
05-01-2007, 09:04
Pretty wierd title to capture my question., I know.

I've installed the custom firmware, managed to get mt-daapd up and running (which wasn't that difficult), chenged the shell to bash, ... but I've a stupid problem:

every time I log in with Putty, I have to set the PATH en LD_LIBRARY_PATH variables all over again to be able to start vi (and other programs) from where I want. Also: the collouring of the files through "ls" only works after I've set these variables correctly.

Any ideas on how I can get this right so it these parameters are loaded on startup?

I've set them in the rc.config file, and in the profile file they are also there...

Thanks for any help.

Bart

dolphine
05-01-2007, 19:11
Pretty wierd title to capture my question., I know.

I've installed the custom firmware, managed to get mt-daapd up and running (which wasn't that difficult), chenged the shell to bash, ... but I've a stupid problem:

every time I log in with Putty, I have to set the PATH en LD_LIBRARY_PATH variables all over again to be able to start vi (and other programs) from where I want. Also: the collouring of the files through "ls" only works after I've set these variables correctly.

Any ideas on how I can get this right so it these parameters are loaded on startup?

I've set them in the rc.config file, and in the profile file they are also there...

Thanks for any help.

Bart

You can set them and some other things .profile in your home directory