PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Amule client for wl500gp

gorion
04-01-2007, 21:03
UPDATED 8/1/2007

I've managed to provide the amule-package for wl500gp if somebody is interested . I think that 32MB RAM and 266Mhz CPU is absolutely minimum for amule but you can try it on different models.

Starting from scratch (optional, depends on your current configuration):
1 Switch to oleg-optware feed (src unslung http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable in /opt/etc/ipkg.conf)
2 ipkg update
3 install uclibc-opt libstdc++ and reinstall any already installed packages
*4* install wxbase (2.8.0 from the oleg-optware feed)
*5* install amule (2.1.3 from the oleg-optware feed)

First run (needed for creating configuration's files, there is a script in /opt/etc/init.d that will start amule later) :
1 export HOME=/opt/share/amule
2 run 'amuled'
The program will exit leaving /opt/share/amule/.amule/amule.conf that must be configured. I recommend to disable IPFiltering for saving resources. Provide some servers from http://ed2k.2x4u.de/index.html as server.met file.
Don't know why but only few of those servers work for me. Or connect for ex. to DonkeyServer No6 [62.241.53.15:4242]
3 Forward ports.I have problems with the udp-forwarding when the amule runs at wl500gp that acts as a router - kademlia is always firewalled (?)
4 Run it again to test the configuration.
5 Reboot.

After some testing I've noticed that the program runs quite stable. amuleweb is php-based application, it's slow and takes a lot of CPU and RAM so maybe you'd to delete it and use a remote gui or a command line tool instead.
Amuled (2.1.3) after 10h of intensive tests seems really stable - it's transfered 2-3GB without a single crash.
Memory usage:

total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 30140 28764 1376 0 740 9972
-/+ buffers/cache: 18052 12088
Swap: 498004 15376 482628

Note:
1 Unfortunately MuleDebug.cpp (aMule) is using functions that are not supported by the compiler so the exception's logging has gone away.
2 The Amule package is dynamically linked against libstdc++6. I've run into some serious problems trying cross-compiling with libstdc/uclibc++. WxBase is cross-compiled.

I also manage to compile an ocaml and mldonkey package but it takes too much resources, however it runs stable. It's a shame that ocaml doesn't provide a native-compiler for the mips-linux architecture.

oleo
04-01-2007, 23:53
I am considering to split libstdc++ and libuclibc++ into two separate packages. wxbase is one of the packages that have problems with default cross libuClibc++ library. That's why you've managed to do native compile as there g++ is not wrapped as in cross.
For cross compilation toolchain/mipsel-linux-uclibc/gcc-4.1.1-uclibc-0.9.28/bin/nowrap/mipsel-linux-uclibc-g++
or oolchain/mipsel-linux-uclibc/gcc-4.1.1-uclibc-0.9.28/bin/mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc -x c++
should be used.

Can you provide .mk files for that?

gorion
05-01-2007, 00:37
mk for wxbase is standard. It's in the attachment. It must be polished between lines:[102-105] because I use this step to add missing include files to the source - there are exist in wxgtk sources but are not included in wxbase sources:

Dir:
src/expat
src/xml
include/xml
This should works.

When you try to make wxbase-stage/ipk there are two problems with the makefile of wxbase:

There are no bakefiles because I disabled precompiled headers in configuration's section of .mk (line 115) in order this project to compile. But the makefile try to install them so this line must be deleted:

(cd $(srcdir)/build/bakefiles/wxpresets/presets/ ; $(INSTALL_DATA) wx.bkl wx_unix.bkl wx_win32.bkl $(DESTDIR)$(datadir)/bakefile/presets)

Also I built the simplest version of wxbase but the makefile try to install all of the libraries and the install-strip section of the makefile should look like this

install-strip: install
$(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$ (WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)$(WXCOMPILER)$(VENDO RTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
$(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIX)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$(WX DEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)$(WXCOMPILER)$(VENDORTA G)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
$(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIX)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$(WX DEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_net$(WXCOMPILER)$(VEND ORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
# $(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$ (WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_core$(WXCOMPILER)$( VENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
# $(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$ (WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_adv$(WXCOMPILER)$(V ENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
# $(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$ (WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_media$(WXCOMPILER)$ (VENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
# $(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIX)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$(WX DEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_odbc$(WXCOMPILER)$(VEN DORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
# $(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$ (WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_dbgrid$(WXCOMPILER) $(VENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
# $(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$ (WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_html$(WXCOMPILER)$( VENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
# $(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$ (WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_qa$(WXCOMPILER)$(VE NDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
$(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIX)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$(WX DEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_xml$(WXCOMPILER)$(VEND ORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
# $(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$ (WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_xrc$(WXCOMPILER)$(V ENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
# $(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$ (WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_aui$(WXCOMPILER)$(V ENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
# $(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$ (WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_richtext$(WXCOMPILE R)$(VENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3 )
# $(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$ (WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_gl$(WXCOMPILER)$(VE NDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
# $(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(PLUGINS_INST_DIR)/$(DLLPREFIX_MODULE)sound_sdl$(PLUGINSUFFIX)$(PLUGV ERDELIM)$(PLUGIN_VERSION0)$(WXCOMPILER).$(SO_SUFFI X_MODULE)

As you can see the 2.8.0 wxbase's source is quite buggy and patches must be genereted before this will be included in the official optware... or we wait for 2.8.1 :-)

oleo
05-01-2007, 09:47
solved wxbase cross. See http://pastebin.ca/306336
What about amule.mk?

gorion
05-01-2007, 12:36
Great! I'll test it later. I see that you switched sources to wxWidgets.

I don't have a .mk for amule because I compile it simply with provided configure/make scripts on the router with buildroot and later pack the result files. I recommend 2 changes in the source files:
- disable usage of bfd in the configure, I had some problems with linking result's files.
- I can not compile MuleDebug.cpp. I provide some changes (rather brutal hack but it shouldn't broke anything) that removes exception-handling from that file = from all modules of amule. It's in attachment (there's also my build-configuration). Maybe there is a better way to solve this problem?

After more tests I find cvs-amule quite unstable - works fine with a large number of small files with a great bandwidth performance, rarely crashed during hashing but it has problems with bigger files that causes amuled to crashed. Also there are some strange segmetation faults when program exits, for ex. when you exit the amulecmd or run just 'amuled' - maybe some problems with dynamically loaded libraries?

oleo
06-01-2007, 10:05
I found similar solution for MuleDebug.cpp except that one must take care for other arch based on glibc to build cleanly. I had to restructure uClibc++ toolchain wrapper for cross compile. Now we are providing libstdc++ with uclibc-opt package (http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable/uclibc-opt_0.9.28-11_mipsel.ipk)

wxBase builds cleanly with uclibc++ while amule has some stream issues and thus we are building it with libstdc++. I would be glad if someone can fix this issues as libstdc++ is three times larger than uClibc++.

amule cross compile retained 2.1.3 version as CVS is reportedly unstable with large files?

I must admit that I had not tested it. But now that we have official packages available, fixing some startup script or so is not difficult.

For installing amule from http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable/ one has first to upgrade uclibc-opt to patchlevel 11 and upgrade libuclibc++
Then install amule with

ipkg install amule

I am following this thead to see user issues with packages.

oleo
07-01-2007, 12:58
After some testings I see that amuled and amuleweb can be used as "production" server. Follow instructions from gorion or mine at: http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Amule

Amuleweb login screen:
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/420/amulewebloginjg3.th.png (http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amulewebloginjg3.png)

Main page:
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4025/amulewebmainlg6.th.png (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amulewebmainlg6.png)

Transfer graphing and status page:
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8922/amulewebtransferrm6.th.png (http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amulewebtransferrm6.png)

What is needed is some reasonable startup scripts. Gordion?

gorion
07-01-2007, 18:24
I've been away for a few days and have just returned. I'm happy that a donkey client belongs to the optware at last :-)

The main problem with building amule (all versions) using uclibc++ is libcryptopp (link (http://www.cryptopp.com/)) - that's the first thing that must be solved. I propose to build that library from the original source (5.4) because it's easier. There are only 4-5 small files that must be corrected.
I remember that compiling amule (skipping libcryptopp) using uclibc++ results in a just few errors in 3-4 .cpp files and I think that can be corrected (maybe with some help from the amule-team).

After some digging I don' know if mixing up libraries built with uclibc++ and amule that is linked against libstc++ is a good idea. Now I'm focus on building the libcryptopp with uclibc++.

In attachment there is my start script - it's very simply so feel free to modify it. I think that for the current development stage there is a need to create a cron-script that will check running processes and restart amuled/amuleweb if it crashed.

oleo
07-01-2007, 20:02
Script added. http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware/changeset/5075
Looking forward for further enhancements.

gorion
08-01-2007, 00:29
ups... just remove 'even-if-lfroen-complains-this-will-stay' from that script.
2.1.3 is a stable version :-)

KGy
21-03-2007, 08:34
Hi!
Sorry my english.
I install package amule-2.1.3-5 successfully. When I try run amuled to create conf file (1st run) I have error:

[admin@MYROUTER bin]$ /opt/bin/amuled
-sh: /opt/bin/amuled: not found
[admin@MYROUTER bin]$ ls -l amuled
-rwxr-xr-x 1 admin root 3321084 Mar 4 00:55 amuled

The enviroment:
[admin@MYROUTER bin]$ set
HOME='/opt/share/amule'
OLDPWD='/opt'
PATH='/opt/sbin:/opt/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin'
PWD='/opt/bin'
SHELL='/bin/sh'
USER='admin'
_='/opt/bin/amuled'

What I do wrong?

Thanks, George

dimonb
21-03-2007, 09:21
you could write in unix:

HOME=/opt/share/amule /opt/bin/amuled

(to not dance with HOME variable)

KGy
21-03-2007, 12:56
Sorry, not help this script.
The HOME variable is set to /opt/share/amule, too. (look set variables list in the last post)

I view amuled in mc viewer and I found this /opt/lib/ld-uClibc... I found this file in /lib and not found in /opt/lib. Copy all files to /opt/lib. (required: ld-uClibc.so.o):D

If I run amuled too, the system ansvers:
amuled: can't load library 'libstdc++.so.6'

I already installed libstdc++ package (0.2.0-6) (required for sctcs :) ) and not found this file in system.:eek:

Thanks, George

dimonb
21-03-2007, 13:11
There is a way to not run amule under admin account.

For this you should install coreutils

make record in /etc/passwd
amule:x:1000:1000:amule:/opt/share/amule:/bin/sh
/etc/group
amule:x:1000:amule

and run

su amule -c amuled

KGy
21-03-2007, 13:12
Solve problem, I download uclibc-opt and manually install with ipkg and amuled working ;)

Thanks, George

dimonb
21-03-2007, 14:24
it seams does not start downloading.

After some time of working it fails with error: Bad system call

Any suggestions?

oleo
21-03-2007, 16:39
Read instructions at http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Amule

capes
22-03-2007, 08:58
All PartFiles Loaded.
ListenSocket: Ok.

External connections disabled in config file
*** Server UDP socket (TCP+3) at 0.0.0.0:4665
*** TCP socket (TCP) listening on 0.0.0.0:4662
*** Client UDP socket (extended eMule) at 0.0.0.0:4672
Empty dir /usr/local/root/.aMule/Incoming/ shared

ERROR: aMule daemon cannot be used when external connections are disabled. To enable External Connections, use either a normal aMule or set the key"AcceptExternalConnections" to 1 in the file ~/.aMule/amule.conf

Now, exiting main app...
aMule OnExit: Terminating core.
aMule shutdown completed.

but the key"AcceptExternalConnections" had set to 1 in the amule.conf.

dimonb
22-03-2007, 11:49
Hi! It seams I found a problem with downloading large files..
Running with strace amule gives next error:

write(8, "\1PW\376\316\337\1\35\4\346\345\252\260u+\320\2233 \36\\"..., 10240) = 10240
_llseek(8, 455772160, [455772160], SEEK_SET) = 0
write(8, "\242\365a%\341/\211]\320}:\352\264\2763mGz\f\265\217\177"..., 10240) = 10240
_llseek(8, 1206272000, [1206272000], SEEK_SET) = 0
write(8, "Sa\307\226\3321\36\306Z\241J\nha\27M\330\3140\213\ 374\350"..., 10392) = -1 EFBIG (File too large)

And crashes after this with "Bad system call"
File system is ext3, kernel (Linux my.router 2.4.20 #61 Mon Oct 9 21:51:36 MSD 2006 mips GNU/Linux)
Does this file size limit is a kernel issue or file system issue?

oleo
22-03-2007, 13:18
but the key"AcceptExternalConnections" had set to 1 in the amule.conf.

You need to add md5 passwords! Follow http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Amule
Take attention and add passwords as needed to EC section.

oleo
22-03-2007, 13:36
Hi! It seams I found a problem with downloading large files..
Running with strace amule gives next error:

_llseek(8, 1206272000, [1206272000], SEEK_SET) = 0
write(8, "Sa\307\226\3321\36\306Z\241J\nha\27M\330\3140\213\ 374\350"..., 10392) = -1 EFBIG (File too large)

And crashes after this with "Bad system call"
File system is ext3, kernel (Linux my.router 2.4.20 #61 Mon Oct 9 21:51:36 MSD 2006 mips GNU/Linux)
Does this file size limit is a kernel issue or file system issue?
Both and neither. Your problem seems to be with _llseek. offset_high values are unreasonable high. I suspect amule! Read this excerpt:

int _llseek(unsigned int fd, unsigned long offset_high,
unsigned long offset_low, loff_t *result,
unsigned int whence);

DESCRIPTION
The _llseek() function repositions the offset of the open file associ‐
ated with the file descriptor fd to (offset_high<<32) | offset_low
bytes relative to the beginning of the file, the current position in
the file, or the end of the file, depending on whether whence is
SEEK_SET, SEEK_CUR, or SEEK_END, respectively. It returns the result‐
ing file position in the argument result.

capes
22-03-2007, 13:57
You need to add md5 passwords! Follow http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Amule
Take attention and add passwords as needed to EC section.

I had do it follow that step, and try both the "amule" and "nslu2" md5 key, same result.
can you show all content of amule.conf, post-firewall and S57amule ?

oleo
22-03-2007, 14:06
here are mine configs:

amule.conf

[eMule]
AppVersion=aMule 2.1.3
Nick=http://www.aMule.org
QueueSizePref=50
MaxUpload=0
MaxDownload=0
SlotAllocation=2
Port=4662
UDPPort=4672
UDPDisable=0
Autoconnect=1
MaxSourcesPerFile=300
MaxConnections=500
MaxConnectionsPerFiveSeconds=20
RemoveDeadServer=1
DeadServerRetry=2
ServerKeepAliveTimeout=0
Reconnect=1
Scoresystem=1
Serverlist=0
AddServersFromServer=1
AddServersFromClient=1
SafeServerConnect=0
AutoConnectStaticOnly=0
SmartIdCheck=1
ConnectToKad=1
ConnectToED2K=1
TempDir=/opt/share/amule/.aMule/Temp
IncomingDir=/opt/share/amule/.aMule/Incoming
ICH=1
AICHTrust=0
CheckDiskspace=1
MinFreeDiskSpace=1
AddNewFilesPaused=0
PreviewPrio=0
ManualHighPrio=0
FullChunkTransfers=1
StartNextFile=0
StartNextFileSameCat=0
FileBufferSizePref=16
DAPPref=1
UAPPref=1
OSDirectory=/opt/share/amule/.aMule/
OnlineSignature=0
OnlineSignatureUpdate=5
EnableTrayIcon=0
MinToTray=0
ConfirmExit=0
StartupMinimized=0
3DDepth=10
ToolTipDelay=1
ShowOverhead=0
ShowInfoOnCatTabs=0
ShowRatesOnTitle=0
VerticalToolbar=0
VideoPlayer=
VideoPreviewBackupped=1
StatGraphsInterval=3
statsInterval=30
DownloadCapacity=3
UploadCapacity=3
StatsAverageMinutes=5
VariousStatisticsMaxValue=100
SeeShare=2
FilterLanIPs=1
IPFilterAutoLoad=0
IPFilterURL=
FilterLevel=127
FilterMessages=0
FilterAllMessages=0
MessagesFromFriendsOnly=0
MessageFromValidSourcesOnly=1
FilterWordMessages=0
MessageFilter=
ShareHiddenFiles=0
AutoSortDownloads=0
NewVersionCheck=0
ExecOnCompletion=0
ExecOnCompletionCommand=sh -c '~/example.sh "%FILE" %HASH'
Language=
SplitterbarPosition=75
YourHostname=
DateTimeFormat=%A, %x, %X
IndicateRatings=1
AllcatType=0
ShowAllNotCats=0
DisableKnownClientList=0
DisableQueueList=0
MaxMessageSessions=50
PermissionsFiles=416
PermissionsDirs=488
Address=
SmartIdState=0
[FakeCheck]
Browser=0
BrowserTab=1
CustomBrowser=
[Proxy]
ProxyEnableProxy=0
ProxyType=0
ProxyName=
ProxyPort=1080
ProxyEnablePassword=0
ProxyUser=
ProxyPassword=
[WebServer]
Enabled=0
Password=oleo
PasswordLow=oleo
Port=4711
UseGzip=1
UseLowRightsUser=1
PageRefreshTime=120
Template=
[ExternalConnect]
AcceptExternalConnections=1
ECAddress=
ECPort=4712
ECPassword=d08c339bce3bea66c69e8735a89600e2
ShowProgressBar=1
ShowPercent=0
UseSrcSeeds=0
UseSecIdent=1
IpFilterOn=1
[Razor_Preferences]
FastED2KLinksHandler=1
FullQueueSources=0
HighQueueRankingSources=0
HighQueueRanking=1200
AutoDropTimer=240
NoNeededSourcesHandling=2
[SkinGUIOptions]
UseSkinFile=0
SkinFile=
[Statistics]
MaxClientVersions=0
TotalDownloadedBytes=121610531
TotalUploadedBytes=1119849112

remote.conf

Locale=
[EC]
Host=localhost
Port=4712
Password=d08c339bce3bea66c69e8735a89600e2
[Webserver]
Port=-1
Template=php-default
UseGzip=0
AllowGuest=0
AdminPassword=d08c339bce3bea66c69e8735a89600e2
GuestPassword=d08c339bce3bea66c69e8735a89600e2

Iam not using routing caps. But you can try with disabling firewall. Oleg config sometimes is fonfusion for me also on this issue. accept should be before forward, but ...

Startup script is a stock except without frolen message which is not critical.

And at last I must confess I do not use Amule :)

capes
22-03-2007, 14:10
I had do it follow that step, and try both the "amule" and "nslu2" md5 key, same result.
can you show all content of amule.conf, post-firewall and S57amule ?

it is OK nwo!
i remove and install it again, it work.

capes
22-03-2007, 14:12
Iam not using routing caps. But you can try with disabling firewall. Oleg config sometimes is fonfusion for me also on this issue. accept should be before forward, but ...

Startup script is a stock except without frolen message which is not critical.

And at last I must confess I do not use Amule :)

It is very useful to me. thank you very much!

capes
22-03-2007, 15:31
Read instructions at http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Amule

what is the detail of "Forward ports" in this guide?

oleo
22-03-2007, 16:19
Forward ports means that amule is ready to listen for connections at ports specified in config. Failing to do so will result in LOW ID indication.

If you are using gP as router. Go to NAT config and accept ports then at virtual server forward it to local server.

If you are using another router. Then forward ports to this gP.

If unable to setup as router and want to try just disable firewall.

capes
24-03-2007, 14:50
it is OK nwo!
i remove and install it again, it work.

when i reboot my device the issue come again.

All PartFiles Loaded.
ListenSocket: Ok.

External connections disabled in config file
*** Server UDP socket (TCP+3) at 0.0.0.0:4665
*** TCP socket (TCP) listening on 0.0.0.0:4662
*** Client UDP socket (extended eMule) at 0.0.0.0:4672
Empty dir /usr/local/root/.aMule/Incoming/ shared

ERROR: aMule daemon cannot be used when external connections are disabled. To enable External Connections, use either a normal aMule or set the key"AcceptExternalConnections" to 1 in the file ~/.aMule/amule.conf

Now, exiting main app...
aMule OnExit: Terminating core.
aMule shutdown completed.

capes
24-03-2007, 17:07
when i reboot my device the issue come again.

OH, i know why now.
in the file /opt/etc/init.d/S57amuled

set backup=$HOME
echo "Starting amuled..."
echo "Configuration's setting are located in /opt/share/amule"
export HOME=/opt/share/amule
/opt/bin/amuled -f --even-if-lfroen-complains-this-will-stay
export HOME=$backup
echo "done"

/opt/bin/amuled -f --even-if-lfroen-complains-this-will-stay
change to
/opt/bin/amuled -f

it work no problem.

capes
25-03-2007, 12:47
can't login via the amuleweb, i creat the remote.conf file, but can't longin.
any detail step for this funtion?

halleck
25-03-2007, 20:07
Both and neither. Your problem seems to be with _llseek. offset_high values are unreasonable high. I suspect amule! Read this excerpt:

I can confirm that amuled 2.1.3 is crashing when downloading the files
with "Bad system call". Everything is fine when amuled is just seeding.
Maybe we will have to re-compile from the CVS.

capes
26-03-2007, 04:26
can't login via the amuleweb, i creat the remote.conf file, but can't longin.
any detail step for this funtion?

it doesn't generate the remote.conf file in /opt/share/amule/.aMule/ after i run amuleweb -w, Where is that file?

capes
26-03-2007, 05:40
it doesn't generate the remote.conf file in /opt/share/amule/.aMule/ after i run amuleweb -w, Where is that file?

first, create remote.conf file manually, and then edit the /opt/etc/init.d/S57amuled

start() {
set backup=$HOME
echo "Starting amuled..."
echo "Configuration's setting are located in /opt/share/amule"
/opt/bin/amuled -f
/opt/bin/amuleweb --config-file=/opt/share/amule/.aMule/remote.conf --quiet &
export HOME=$backup
echo "done"
}

dimonb
26-03-2007, 13:57
this script restart amuled if it crashes.
(it does not guard amuleweb)

while true; do

PID=`ps | grep amuled | grep -v grep`

if ! test -z "$PID"; then
PID=`su amule -c "amulecmd -f ~/.aMule/amule.conf -c status" | grep "Succeeded! Connection established"`
fi

if test -z "$PID"; then
#running problems, restart
killall amuled 2>/dev/null
killall amuleweb 2>/dev/null
sleep 1
killall -9 amuled 2>/dev/null
killall -9 amuleweb 2>/dev/null
sleep 1
su amule -c"amuled -f >/dev/null"
fi

sleep 5
done

this script could be run with command like /opt/sbin/amule_check & in post-mount script

PS. Please, note script does not uses standard S57amuled to run amule, because running amule as a root is not a good idea IMHO.

halleck
29-03-2007, 12:09
this script restart amuled if it crashes.
(it does not guard amuleweb)

Well, restarting the daemon is not a proper solution - you may lose all
of your UL credits etc. Will try to look at re-compiling the amuled from
the latest CVS sources when my router comes back from the service.

dimonb
30-03-2007, 09:52
Well, restarting the daemon is not a proper solution - you may lose all
of your UL credits etc. Will try to look at re-compiling the amuled from
the latest CVS sources when my router comes back from the service.

This script restart daemon only if it's crashes or does not responding. Crashing of amule is terrible fact, but it's happens :-(((

it would be better to develop giFT plugin to work with eDonkey networks...

al37919
08-04-2007, 08:17
It seems that the large file crash problem is solved, thanks to the clue from dimonb. It is specific for uclibc and to some extent mipsel. I already posted detailed report in the Russian thread:

http://www.wl500g.info/showthread.php?p=51681#post51681

It happens because of buggy (or feature-rich?) setrlimit of uclibc. Maximum value of RLIMIT_FSIZE is RLIM_INFINITY which is defined as either (~0UL), or (~0UL >> 1) (latter includes also mips). setrlimit because of unknown idea of developer makes once again >> 1 . This is where 1Gb comes from.

If I execute 'strace amuled -f 2> log.log' I get:

getrlimit(RLIMIT_DATA, {rlim_cur=RLIM_INFINITY, rlim_max=RLIM_INFINITY}) = 0
setrlimit(RLIMIT_DATA, {rlim_cur=1073741823, rlim_max=1073741823}) = 0
getrlimit(RLIMIT_FSIZE, {rlim_cur=RLIM_INFINITY, rlim_max=RLIM_INFINITY}) = 0
setrlimit(RLIMIT_FSIZE, {rlim_cur=1073741823, rlim_max=1073741823}) = 0
getrlimit(RLIMIT_NOFILE, {rlim_cur=1024, rlim_max=1024}) = 0
setrlimit(RLIMIT_NOFILE, {rlim_cur=1024, rlim_max=1024}) = 0
getrlimit(RLIMIT_RSS, {rlim_cur=7401488, rlim_max=4735824}) = 0
setrlimit(RLIMIT_RSS, {rlim_cur=720283552, rlim_max=2147449912

After patching strace gives:

getrlimit(RLIMIT_RSS, {rlim_cur=RLIM_INFINITY, rlim_max=RLIM_INFINITY}) = 0

After patching it seems that the problem of maximum file size waived at all (at least till 4Gb size, as larger files are not supported by aMule at all):

_llseek(13, 4205578240, [4205578240], SEEK_SET) = 0
write(13, "\210\302\2568\10\25\322\16\225\350!\372\200OQ\6x\3 26\362"..., 10240) = 10240
_llseek(13, 4205598720, [4205578240], SEEK_SET) = 0
write(13, "\216\35{\312\347\305\271\247\243{\206\202\357\254\ 311`"..., 10240) = 10240
_llseek(13, 4205608960, [4205608960], SEEK_SET) = 0
write(13, "\36\250\2732;\354C!\356\232\376\352\365\202\177,~h \233"..., 10240) = 10240

2oleo or someone involved in development. Could you please "peer review" this stuff and if you find it sane submit in a right place. It's my first development under linux (which consists of a double slash :) ).

I suggest also to change S57amuled again to something like this:

#!/bin/sh
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/opt/bin:/opt/sbin

#It is not safe to run amuled by the root
#Before the first run you have to create user p2p or whichever you like
USER=p2p
DIR=/opt/home/p2p
DAEMON=/opt/bin/amuled
NAME=amuled
NAME2=amuleweb

start() {
echo "Configuration's setting are located in $DIR"
echo -n "Starting $NAME... "
su $USER -c "export HOME=$DIR && $DAEMON -f"
echo "done"
}

stop() {
echo -n "Shutting down $NAME... "
killall $NAME
killall $NAME2
echo "done"
}

case "$1" in
start)
start
;;
stop)
stop
;;
restart)
stop
sleep 1
start
;;
*)
echo "Usage: $0 (start|stop|restart)"
exit 1
;;
esac

I believe we have to enforce the user to chose more safe way.

oleo
08-04-2007, 13:30
Could you post a patch to amule with "diff -u old new" here. I have also upgraded uclibc to 0.9.28.3 and waiting to upgrade the feeds as all of them should be rebuilded.

al37919
08-04-2007, 19:05
OK, now I hope I did the patch correctly.

oleo
08-04-2007, 23:39
Patch added with http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware/changeset/5903

Not very clever though. We could also go undefining HAVE_ or setting

#ifndef __UCLIBC__

#endif
to make it universal. But until then, ...

al37919
09-04-2007, 08:01
Even better approach would be to fix uclibc's setrlimit to make it arch dependent instead of weird >>1 , as any application in optware/oleg feed using this function has this problem.

However, at the moment this is not the biggest problem. After your compilation the issue is not solved. The patch is applied, because there are no calls to setrlimit, however, getrlimit returns 700Mb instead of RLIM_INFINITY.

getrlimit(RLIMIT_DATA, {rlim_cur=716175296, rlim_max=720250752}) = 0
getrlimit(RLIMIT_FSIZE, {rlim_cur=716175296, rlim_max=720250752}) = 0
getrlimit(RLIMIT_NOFILE, {rlim_cur=716175296, rlim_max=720250752}) = 0
getrlimit(RLIMIT_RSS, {rlim_cur=7401488, rlim_max=9442296}) = 0

So, in the new build file-size-limit is lower than before. This behavior is not related to my patch, but might be due to the changes in the uclibc library, or differences in the build system, (or even in the execution environment?). The second is most likely. The size of my amuled binary is 3723Mb, the size of you binary is 3243Mb.

Here is my build system (created according to http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/AddAPackageToOptware ):
openSuSE 10.2
mkdir /opt/optware
cd /opt/optware
svn co http://svn.nslu2-linux.org/svnroot/optware/trunk optware
edit /opt/optware/Makefile : OPTWARE_TARGET ?= oleg
make directories ipkg-utils
make

After compiling toolchain and creation of about 10 packs (including amule-2.1.3-6.ipk) I stopped it. Then I edited /opt/optware/builds/amule/src/amule.cpp

I was compiling it while being in /opt/optware with make amule

What is wrong?

oleo
09-04-2007, 08:23
Could you please verify if the updated uclibc library works without your patch. I am planning to merge uclibc-unstable branch back to trunk.
Here is what you do:

svn co http://svn.nslu2-linux.org/svnroot/optware/branches/uclibc-unstable unstable
cd unstable
export OPTWARE_TARGET=oleg
make directories
make toolchain
make amule

You will need to replace all packages on your system with packages that you built. This means at least uclibc-opt, ipkg-opt, amule and dependent packages.

Newest toolchain uses gcc 4.1.2 and latest uclibc 0.9.28.3
I did not verify if limits work as espected, but I've created this branch to softland mediatomb exception handling with SJLJ.

If you will find that amule have the same symptmoms, then we will create patch for uclibc! Either by backport from 0.9.29 or from scratch.

al37919
10-04-2007, 22:53
OK, I hope I did what you've expected.
I compiled the unstable toolchain and packages as you wrote. Then I set up a spare flash-drive as /opt and started to install newly compiled packages as usually:
mkdir /opt/tmp
mkdir /opt/tmp/ipkg
ipkg.sh update
ipkg.sh install ipkg

after that i started to install locally compiled packages. I haven't succeed only with ipkg-opt, as ipkg was already installed

amule shows:

setrlimit(RLIMIT_DATA, {rlim_cur=704010*1024, rlim_max=4674376}) = 0
setrlimit(RLIMIT_FSIZE, {rlim_cur=704010*1024, rlim_max=4674376}) = 0
getrlimit(RLIMIT_NOFILE, {rlim_cur=RLIM_INFINITY, rlim_max=RLIM_INFINITY}) = 0
getrlimit(RLIMIT_RSS, {rlim_cur=2147450584, rlim_max=4674512}) = 0
setrlimit(RLIMIT_RSS, {rlim_cur=704010*1024, rlim_max=2147449144}) = 0

as a response to

static void UnlimitResource(RLIMIT_RESOURCE resType)
{
#if defined(HAVE_GETRLIMIT) && defined(HAVE_SETRLIMIT)
struct rlimit rl;
getrlimit(resType, &rl);
rl.rlim_cur = rl.rlim_max;
setrlimit(resType, &rl);
#endif
}

Do you understand something? I can only say that while compiling on my computer I get correct initial RLIMITs in all cases. setrlimits works wrong in both cases.

oleo
11-04-2007, 08:52
To isolate the problem I suggest the folowing program rlimit.c

#include <sys/time.h>
#include <sys/resource.h>

static void UnlimitResource(int resType)
{
struct rlimit rl;
getrlimit(resType, &rl);
rl.rlim_cur = rl.rlim_max;
setrlimit(resType, &rl);
getrlimit(resType, &rl);
}

int main()
{
UnlimitResource(RLIMIT_DATA);
UnlimitResource(RLIMIT_FSIZE);
UnlimitResource(RLIMIT_NOFILE);
UnlimitResource(RLIMIT_RSS);
}

Compile it with buildroot-4.1.2-13 under router with
gcc rlimit.c and report its output of strace ./a.out.

When I've compiled it with buildroot-4.1.1-12 I've got the following result:

getrlimit(RLIMIT_DATA, {rlim_cur=1073741823, rlim_max=1073741823}) = 0
getrlimit(RLIMIT_FSIZE, {rlim_cur=1073741823, rlim_max=1073741823}) = 0
setrlimit(RLIMIT_RSS, {rlim_cur=1073741823, rlim_max=1073741823}) = 0
getrlimit(RLIMIT_RSS, {rlim_cur=1073741823, rlim_max=1073741823}) = 0
exit(0) = ?

That shows filesize limit 1GB limit with current trunk oleg feed.

Please give gcc --version to verify that you have correct buildroot and uclibc.

So you need at least ipkg-opt, uclibc-opt, buildroot and strace from unstable branch to verify this.

al37919
11-04-2007, 21:00
OK, I did it. I have native-compiled it in the two cases (unstable and stable). The both indicate the same 1Gb problem as you shown and as I shown in my initial post. I'm confused only with uclibc-opt - 0.9.28-13, as I would expect to find here uclibc-opt - 0.9.28.3.

unstable:

root@wl500g,/opt/tmp> ipkg list_installed
buildroot - 4.1.2-13 -
libuclibc++ - 0.2.2-5 -
uclibc-opt - 0.9.28-13 -
root@wl500g,/opt/tmp> gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.1.2
root@wl500g,/opt/tmp> gcc rlimit.c
root@wl500g,/opt/tmp> strace ./a.out

stable:

root@wl500g,/opt/tmp> ipkg list_installed | grep -e u[cC]libc
buildroot - 4.1.1-12 - uClibc compilation toolchain
libuclibc++ - 0.2.2-4 - C++ standard library designed for use in embedded systems
uclibc-opt - 0.9.28-12 - micro C library for embedded Linux systems
root@wl500g,/opt/tmp> gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.1.1
root@wl500g,/opt/tmp> gcc rlimit.c
root@wl500g,/opt/tmp> strace ./a.out

oleo
12-04-2007, 06:37
So there is no difference and we need a patch for rlimit. 0.9.28.3 is not show for compatibility reasons.

oleo
12-04-2007, 12:58
The following code is from uClibc-0.9.28/libc/sysdeps/linux/common/setrlimit.c

/* vi: set sw=4 ts=4: */
/*
* setrlimit() for uClibc
* Copyright (C) 2000-2004 by Erik Andersen <andersen@codepoet.org>
* GNU Library General Public License (LGPL) version 2 or later.
*/

#include "syscalls.h"

#ifndef __NR_ugetrlimit
/* Only wrap setrlimit if the new ugetrlimit is not present */

#define __NR___setrlimit __NR_setrlimit
#include <unistd.h>
#include <sys/resource.h>
#define RMIN(x, y) ((x) < (y) ? (x) : (y))
_syscall2(int, __setrlimit, int, resource, const struct rlimit *, rlim);
int setrlimit(__rlimit_resource_t resource, const struct rlimit *rlimits)
{
struct rlimit rlimits_small;

/* We might have to correct the limits values. Since the old values
* were signed the new values might be too large. */
rlimits_small.rlim_cur = RMIN((unsigned long int) rlimits->rlim_cur,
RLIM_INFINITY >> 1);
rlimits_small.rlim_max = RMIN((unsigned long int) rlimits->rlim_max,
RLIM_INFINITY >> 1);
return (__setrlimit(resource, &rlimits_small));
}

#undef RMIN

#else /* We don't need to wrap setrlimit */

#include <unistd.h>
struct rlimit;
_syscall2(int, setrlimit, unsigned int, resource,
const struct rlimit *, rlim);
#endif

that explaing why you get 1GB FSIZE limit. RLIM_INFINITY is defined as 0x7fffffff
. Shifting it one bit to the right produces what we get when issuing kernel syscall2. So everything looks OK. See newer version http://www.uclibc.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/uClibc/libc/sysdeps/linux/common/setrlimit.c?rev=16821&view=markup

I suggest to fix amule code to mask SIGXFSZ signal or undefine calls to resource limits.

al37919
12-04-2007, 20:57
I suggest to fix amule code to mask SIGXFSZ signal
this seems to be the complete solution for amule

or undefine calls to resource limits.
this is close to my initial suggestion, but we observe some strange behavior (in my earlier posts) either due to compile or runtime environment.

However, first of all, I believe that this is a bug in uclibc. It affects any mipsel application which uses setrlimit (e.g. mysql). It affects also any similar application in some other architectures. So, it should be reported to uclibc people.

In principle, this >>1 seems to me to be useless at least in our case. If we still accept that such situation might somehow happen, may be this will be enough (instead of >>1):

if ((unsigned long int)(rlimits->rlim_max > RLIM_INFINITY))
rlimits->rlim_max = RLIM_INFINITY;
if ((unsigned long int)(rlimits->rlim_cur > RLIM_INFINITY))
rlimits->rlim_cur = RLIM_INFINITY;

On the other hand:

I should admit --- I have no idea how to change the toolchain :)

Russian saying says: don't touch an old shit and it will not smell :)

What to choose?

QMax
01-05-2007, 15:34
Due to the nature of my ISP, I have always LOW ID and Kad disconnected using ipkg version of amule. I need to compile a MODded version of amule (the same I use with success on my PC).
I've found here http://www.adunanza.net/download.php?view.80 sources for this version.
Can someone please help me with a step by step guide on how-to compile that source code to work on my Asus WL-500gP with latest Oleg's firmware and ipkg-opt installed ?

Thanks, Max

oleo
03-05-2007, 09:10
http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware/changeset/6017 adds AdunanzA patches to amule.
Still waiting for 1GB limit solution. Any progress on that?

QMax
03-05-2007, 20:58
http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware/changeset/6017 adds AdunanzA patches to amule.

Many thanks, can someone please point me to an HOW-TO tutorial that explain how to compile this source code using WL500 (I don't have Linux installed on my PC) ?

Thank you. Max

oleo
03-05-2007, 22:56
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/Optware-uClibcBuild

al37919
04-05-2007, 18:44
hi oleo!
unfortunately my skills are not enough for that. I even don't understand what's the difference between your and my builds (and where these new 700Mb could come from). I placed working amuled binary without 1Gb limit in the Russian thread (built using the patch supplied by me above).
http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=52214&postcount=25
It works fine for me for a month already, and dimonb confirmed on my request that it is working correctly.

Probably your suggestion is the best, because it will harm as minimum of other things as possible. However, again both modifying of the toolchain, and "to mask SIGXFSZ" are out of my experience. So, actually, the hope is on you. :)

QMax
06-05-2007, 10:31
Yesterday ipkg-opt upgraded my amuled from 2.1.3-7 to 2.1.3-8.
What's changed ?

Thanks, Max

oleo
06-05-2007, 17:14
-8 adds AdunanzA patches to amule

QMax
06-05-2007, 21:26
Thanks Oleg for aMule Adunanza compile, now I have hundreds of Kad nodes available, but I suppose you have to move back to -7, because AdunanzA is a modded version dedicated to italian Fastweb ISP.
It works great for me but I suppose for anyone else.
The only problem with this version is with Kad connections, it appear always as firewalled, even if I setup my router to forward both TCP and UDP aMule's ports to the router LAN IP address (192.168.1.250 in my case).

I'm trying to compile AdunanzA by myself, but I'm in trouble compiling toolchain (take a look please to my post http://www.wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=9264).

Max

carlan1
07-05-2007, 06:51
I have not understood one what, the file > 1Gb can be unloaded?

al37919
07-05-2007, 10:58
Current version of amuled (-6, -7, -8?) crashes when attempting to load file chunks located above 1Gb limit (-6) (possibly 700 Mb in -7). The temporary solution is available: install amule through ipkg and replace the amuled binary with my one (see my previous post).

oleo
07-05-2007, 21:16
Current version of amuled (-6, -7, -8?) crashes when attempting to load file chunks located above 1Gb limit (-6) (possibly 700 Mb in -7). The temporary solution is available: install amule through ipkg and replace the amuled binary with my one (see my previous post).

really? I've applied patch that You provided. See http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware/browser/trunk/sources/amule/amule-1gb-uclibc-mipsel.patch

al37919
07-05-2007, 21:59
I know, however my build works and your one no, sorry :)
I have not done any other changes in my build.
I have no idea what the difference is between our build systems. :(

goolias
08-05-2007, 06:19
Dear all,

Managed to get amuleweb running by following gorion install guide. Following is my successful configuration.

amule.conf

[eMule]
AddServersFromServer=0
AddServersFromClient=0
[WebServer]
Enabled=1
Password=ef7628c92bff39c0b3532d36a617cf09
PasswordLow=ef7628c92bff39c0b3532d36a617cf09
Port=4711
UseGzip=1
UseLowRightsUser=1
PageRefreshTime=120
Template=
[ExternalConnect]
AcceptExternalConnections=1
ECAddress=
ECPort=4712
ECPassword=ef7628c92bff39c0b3532d36a617cf09
ShowProgressBar=1
ShowPercent=0
UseSrcSeeds=0
UseSecIdent=1
IpFilterOn=1

Note the webserver part, following config must be enable or set:

Enabled=1
Password=ef7628c92bff39c0b3532d36a617cf09
PasswordLow=ef7628c92bff39c0b3532d36a617cf09
password must be in md5 format, please refer here on how to generate one:
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Amule. The password i use here is amule.

This is optional,it tells amule not to update server list, I able to connect only if I set them to 0

AddServersFromServer=0
AddServersFromClient=0

Before running amulewed -w, please ensure the HOME env var has been pointed to /opt/share/amule, lse the remote.conf file will ended up in /usr/local/root if you are login as root.

Do the following before running amuleweb:

after that do a echo just to makesure, it points to /opt/share/amule

echo $HOME

I haven't tried any download yet,it makes the router running slow when amuledweb enable though.

Hope my config can get yours running.

MY problems:

1. Low id connected to donkeyserver2. Seems like only able to connect to this server.
2. My KAD is always disconnected. is there any conf file I should do?
3. Connection to server during starting is slow, eating up router resource

al37919
08-05-2007, 07:12
1. Low id connected to donkeyserver2. Seems like only able to connect to this server.

add these lines to /usr/local/sbin/post-firewall (the ports can be different depending on your setup):

# these three ports are for aMule
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 4662 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 4672 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 4665 -j ACCEPT

May be you will need to add also:

# set default policy
iptables -P INPUT DROP
# remove last default rule
iptables -D INPUT -j DROP

Check the result with
iptables -L

Better use remote GUI instead of web interface:
1) web-IF consumes valuable router's resources, remote GUI apparently no
2) both are freezing sometimes. However, recovering of web interface requires restart of the router, while remote GUI can be recovered just by restarting GUI.

goolias
08-05-2007, 10:48
Thanks for info.
How to do remote GUI for amule?

al37919
08-05-2007, 11:08
install amule on PC (linux/windows --- doesn't matter). aMule Remote GUI is included in the distribution.

polygrindle
15-05-2007, 16:02
I'm having trouble connecting with aMule. I've downloaded a servers.met from http://ed2k.2x4u.de/index.html (the best servers one) and put it in my amule directory (/opt/home/p2p/.aMule). I've left the ports to the defaults and configured iptables as follows:

# remove default rule
# aMule stuff
# re-instate default rule
iptables -A INPUT -j DROP

I run amuled as the user p2p, but it is unable to connect:

2007-05-15 15:49:41: Servers: Trying to connect
2007-05-15 15:49:41: Connecting to DonkeyServer No1 (66.199.250.170 - 66.199.250.170:0)
2007-05-15 15:49:41: Connection attempt to DonkeyServer No2 (62.241.53.16:4242) timed out.
2007-05-15 15:49:41: Connection attempt to DonkeyServer No1 (66.199.250.170:8911) timed out.
2007-05-15 15:49:41: Failed to connect to all servers listed. Making another pass.

Help please!

Pim Borst
17-05-2007, 11:44
Hello,

I got amule working now on my new wl500gp and thought I should write down some findings:

1. The amule OptWare package does not work on OpenWrt. Although the availability in the ddwrt feed suggests it should work (at least according to the optware wiki page) it generates segmentation violations as soon as the download of a file starts.

2. Amule on Oleg firmware from http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable/ works! Thanks to Gorion for suggesting to switch to Olegs firmware.

3. I experience a problem however with the latest package (2.1.3-8). It cannot connect with the Kad network. The problem is not that it is just firewalled, there is no connection at all. The previous version did not have this problem. Could it be caused by the adunanza modifications?

4. Therefore I tried the amuled binary provided by Al37919 (http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=52214&postcount=25) and got Kad working again. This binary still has a problem with very large files (I tried a 4Gb one) but that is a known problem (syslog.log has entries like 'May 16 20:41:11 kernel: file_cluster badly computed!!! 106634 <> 80196' and amuled does not run anymore when I check). I got a 915Mb file downloaded Ok and am going to check a >1Gb one soon.

5. Besides this only one problem remains: disconnects from the Kad network. Sometimes when I check how Amule is doing Kad is disconnected and the file with known Kad clients (nodes.dat) is just 4 bytes long. Reconnect then doesn't work because all known clients have disappeared. The only thing that works is killing amuled, replacing the nodes.dat file with a non-empty one and starting amuled again. I realize this problem could be unrelated to the OptWare port but any suggestion would be appreciated.

6. Still one other problem: amuleweb gives segmentation violations now and then. This is not a big problem because I run the amule Gui on my laptop. It is a sh***y program but it works...

Thanks you all for the postings in this forum.
I hope my post can help others getting amule running.

Pim Borst.

Pim Borst
17-05-2007, 11:47
I'm having trouble connecting with aMule. I've downloaded a servers.met from http://ed2k.2x4u.de/index.html (the best servers one) and put it in my amule directory (/opt/home/p2p/.aMule). I've left the ports to the defaults and configured iptables as follows:

# remove default rule
# aMule stuff
# re-instate default rule
iptables -A INPUT -j DROP

I run amuled as the user p2p, but it is unable to connect:

2007-05-15 15:49:41: Servers: Trying to connect
2007-05-15 15:49:41: Connecting to DonkeyServer No1 (66.199.250.170 - 66.199.250.170:0)
2007-05-15 15:49:41: Connection attempt to DonkeyServer No2 (62.241.53.16:4242) timed out.
2007-05-15 15:49:41: Connection attempt to DonkeyServer No1 (66.199.250.170:8911) timed out.
2007-05-15 15:49:41: Failed to connect to all servers listed. Making another pass.

Help please!

Hi,

I use:

iptables -I INPUT 1 -p tcp --dport 4662 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT 2 -p udp --dport 4665 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT 3 -p udp --dport 4672 -j ACCEPT

which place the rules at the very top of the chain.
I am not a network guru so I don't know if it will solve your problem but it works for me.

good luck,
Pim Borst.

polygrindle
17-05-2007, 13:30
Thanks for the help, it turns out it was the servers.met file. I used the amule port test page http://www.amule.org/testport.php to check that my port was open (via lynx on the router) and this confirmed that iptables was not the problem. Re-reading this post I noticed that there had been problems with too many servers in the servers.met file (I'd downloaded the best servers one from http://ed2k.2x4u.de/index.html. So I deleted the servers.met created a staticservers.dat in the .aMule directory with just one entry, and hey presto it connects!!!:D

Hi,

I use:

iptables -I INPUT 1 -p tcp --dport 4662 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT 2 -p udp --dport 4665 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT 3 -p udp --dport 4672 -j ACCEPT

which place the rules at the very top of the chain.
I am not a network guru so I don't know if it will solve your problem but it works for me.

good luck,
Pim Borst.

al37919
17-05-2007, 13:34
2polygrindle
to understand why this ruleset is not working you have to analyze (or show here) output of
iptables -L

My guess is that you might have switched on logging of firewall activity in the web-IF. In this case iptables -D INPUT -j DROP will not give expected result

2PimBorst
file_cluster badly computed is a strange error.
Which file-system do you use? If it is fat32, then it might be limitation of FS (AFAIK it is 2Gb)
Assuming that you have ext3, I suggest to unmount the hdd and run e2fsck on it to check for possible errors in FS

amule has 4Gb limitation of the file size. This is general limitation not related to our routers. However, in my case it just doesn't accept file links with larger size

oleo
17-05-2007, 14:15
Hello,

I got amule working now on my new wl500gp and thought I should write down some findings:

1. The amule OptWare package does not work on OpenWrt. Although the availability in the ddwrt feed suggests it should work (at least according to the optware wiki page) it generates segmentation violations as soon as the download of a file starts.

2. Amule on Oleg firmware from http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable/ works! Thanks to Gorion for suggesting to switch to Olegs firmware.

3. I experience a problem however with the latest package (2.1.3-8). It cannot connect with the Kad network. The problem is not that it is just firewalled, there is no connection at all. The previous version did not have this problem. Could it be caused by the adunanza modifications?

4. Therefore I tried the amuled binary provided by Al37919 (http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=52214&postcount=25) and got Kad working again. This binary still has a problem with very large files (I tried a 4Gb one) but that is a known problem (syslog.log has entries like 'May 16 20:41:11 kernel: file_cluster badly computed!!! 106634 <> 80196' and amuled does not run anymore when I check). I got a 915Mb file downloaded Ok and am going to check a >1Gb one soon.

5. Besides this only one problem remains: disconnects from the Kad network. Sometimes when I check how Amule is doing Kad is disconnected and the file with known Kad clients (nodes.dat) is just 4 bytes long. Reconnect then doesn't work because all known clients have disappeared. The only thing that works is killing amuled, replacing the nodes.dat file with a non-empty one and starting amuled again. I realize this problem could be unrelated to the OptWare port but any suggestion would be appreciated.

6. Still one other problem: amuleweb gives segmentation violations now and then. This is not a big problem because I run the amule Gui on my laptop. It is a sh***y program but it works...

Thanks you all for the postings in this forum.
I hope my post can help others getting amule running.

Pim Borst.

Do you suggest to drop adunanza patch?

OpenWRT compatibility is not full as there are some kernel differences. But maybe we are missing some library. Could you post strace output to pastebin.ca?

QMax
17-05-2007, 22:10
Do you suggest to drop adunanza patch?

As I wrote in previous page of this thread, Adunanza patches are valid only for italian ISP Fastweb. It patches Kad that normally is unanvailable on other Mule clients on this ISP. Don't know for sure if this works with other ISP, but for sure, a normal Mule client doesn't work on Fastweb network.
I suggest you to go back to -7

Please Oleo, can you post me a provate msg about how to apply patches that you'll produce adding adunanza patches to keep my -8 version updated ?

Thanks, Max

Pim Borst
17-05-2007, 23:08
2PimBorst
file_cluster badly computed is a strange error.
Which file-system do you use? If it is fat32, then it might be limitation of FS (AFAIK it is 2Gb)
Assuming that you have ext3, I suggest to unmount the hdd and run e2fsck on it to check for possible errors in FS

amule has 4Gb limitation of the file size. This is general limitation not related to our routers. However, in my case it just doesn't accept file links with larger size

I must confess I still have fat32...
According to Wikipedia, fat32 has a 4gig limit so I didn't think that was the problem. In a couple of days I will clean up the harddrive I am using and switch to ext2 or 3 filesystem. I will let you know whether the problem disappears.

thanks,
Pim.

oleo
18-05-2007, 13:21
With http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware/changeset/6051 there will be two packages available:

regular
adunanza - valid only for Italian fastweb

QMax
18-05-2007, 18:19
With http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware/changeset/6051 there will be two packages available:

regular

Oleo... I'll never stop to thank you.
Great choice, so I'll be able to compile again !
Actually adunanza team released a patch for the CVS version of aMule...
I'll check it, it seems will be able to use protocol obfuscation and files > 4Gb...

Give it a chance...

Max

Pim Borst
30-05-2007, 08:35

regular

Thank you Oleo for splitting amule into two packages.
The regular amule package works fine for me now: it is stable and files up to 4G are not a problem.
Some tips (might be trivial for most readers...):

Don't use a FAT filesystem for the Temp and Incoming directories; you will not be able to download large files and amule will crash. Use ext3 instead.
The built-in stupid-ftpd cannot handle large files >2G. They won't show up in the directory listings. I used proftpd to transfer large files to my PC. I am going to switch to vsftpd and xinetd because a running ftp-daemon prevents the harddrive to spin down.

Some problems I still have:

Kad connection is lost after a few hours. I read on the aMule site it disconnects from Kad when there hasn't been any Kad activity for a certain time so this might be 'intended behaviour'. I am not the only one that doesn't like this: on the aMule site there is even a script that will restart amuled when the connection is lost/closed!
After several hours my laptop cannot connect to the router using wireless anymore. Signal strength is OK but the authentication fails. Disabling and re-enabling the routers radio with a PC with a wired connection solves the problem. I read a posting that it might be a heat-related problem but I have not found a clear solution yet...

Pim Borst

ghostie
30-05-2007, 21:16
Hi,

I followed the steps described in the topic, and succesfully installed amule.
But after the reboot, the enhanced-ctorrent doesn't work. It says: "Segmentation fault".
Previously I used it with SEAKY's CTCS, which seems to be OK now, but it doesn't start the torrents.

Is it because the installed libraries?

Is it possible to use both (amule and enhanced-ctorrent)?

Thanks
Ghostie

Pim Borst
04-06-2007, 12:21
Hi Ghostie,

I now have both amule and enhanced-ctorrent+ctcs running stable.
Did you do a ipkg update and upgrade?
Tomorrow I could check which versions of the packages I have installed, if you want...
I did install amule first and enhanced-ctorrent later, but that shouldn't make a difference I guess.

Pim.

Hi,

I followed the steps described in the topic, and succesfully installed amule.
But after the reboot, the enhanced-ctorrent doesn't work. It says: "Segmentation fault".
Previously I used it with SEAKY's CTCS, which seems to be OK now, but it doesn't start the torrents.

Is it because the installed libraries?

Is it possible to use both (amule and enhanced-ctorrent)?

Thanks
Ghostie

ghostie
07-06-2007, 15:55
After reinstall enhanced-ctorrent, I managed to run both.

Thanks,
Ghostie

jrosado
15-06-2007, 12:16
I managed to put amule working :) Still have low ID, but that's because i did not configure the firewall yet :p

It's a fantastic program. Congratulations to the author :cool:

I have 3 questions:

1. How can we connect to the kad network?
2. Can we limit the upload speed?
3. Couldn't it use UPnP to open the ports?

Regards,

J. Rosado

jrosado
15-06-2007, 16:53
I've configured my post-firewall file, saved the flash and rebooted. Here is my post-firewall:

#!/bin/sh
## FIREWALL
## set default policy
iptables -P INPUT DROP
## deny ftp access from WAN
iptables -I INPUT 1 -p tcp -i "$1" --syn --dport 21 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 81 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 8008 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $1 -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT
--to-destination $4:81
## Allow access to various router services from WAN
## Remove 22 8008 and 901 if you don't want to logon from WAN
for P in 65534 22 8008 901; do
iptables -I INPUT 1 -p tcp --syn -i "$1" --dport $P -j ACCEPT
doneCreate remaining files:

touch /usr/local/sbin/post-mount
touch /usr/local/sbin/pre-shutdown
chmod +x /usr/local/sbin/*

I managed to connect with HIGHID once, but the load was so high, that i had to reboot.

Since then, i can not connect with HighID..why?

:confused:

QMax
15-06-2007, 21:21
As many of you from time to time I have to restart amuled from it's sleep.
What's the best script to monitor if daemon is really working, and, if necessary, restart it ?

What's the problem running amule as root instead of normal user ?

I tried using coreutils, but now I should change /.amule and subdir attribs to 777.

Thanks, Max

al37919
16-06-2007, 22:12
As many of you from time to time I have to restart amuled from it's sleep.
Actually, I don't observe that amuled is freezing. In my system it works for weeks without restarting. However, the gui-s (both web- and remote gui) are freezing from time to time. I use remote gui, so, when I see it frozen I just close it and open again.

In general none of the network services should be run as root, because there is a potential danger that somebody will find a new (or existing) hole in the application and get control through it over your computer. In this case it is better if the hacked application was run as non privileged user, because it will decrease possible damage.

I posted here: http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=51684&postcount=37 version of S57amuled which will start amuled not as root.

I suggest that the following is enough (I use these names and locations):

adduser p2p
chown -R p2p:p2p /opt/home/p2p

If amule is installed anew, then it is enough just to add user and run first time amule as this user. amule will create all necessary files itself.

jrosado
17-06-2007, 10:09
I posted here: http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=51684&postcount=37 version of S57amuled which will start amuled not as root.

I suggest that the following is enough (I use these names and locations):

adduser p2p
chown -R p2p:p2p /opt/home/p2p

Does the oleg firmware for the WL-500gP supports the "adduser" command?

Mine does not accept that command :confused:

al37919
17-06-2007, 10:21
ipkg install adduser

jrosado
17-06-2007, 19:42
ipkg install adduser

Great ;)

Thanks!

QMax
05-07-2007, 19:53
I'm testing in the last week this script in /opt/etc/cron.hourly:

#!/bin/sh

if [[ `LC_ALL="C" amulecmd -P mypassword -c status | grep 'Kad: Connected (ok)' | wc -l` != "1" ]]; then
/opt/etc/init.d/S57amuled stop
rm /opt/share/amule/.aMule/muleLock
cp /opt/share/amule/.aMule/nodes.dat.bak /opt/share/amule/.aMule/nodes.dat
/opt/etc/init.d/S57amuled start
fi

nodes.dat.bak is a Kad nodelist I backed up when aMuled works fine.
In this way if aMuled appear as not connected to Kad (Kad is the only network I'm able to use due to NATted ISP), the script stops the daemon, remove the lockfile, copy a populated list of Kad nodes and restarts the daemon.
It seems workin' fine, but sometimes I loose the list of shared files, so aMuled restarts hashing it (a looooooot of time...).

Don't know if there'a a better way, but this works for me.

A couple of questions about Remote GUI:

I'm using aMule Remote GUI on my WinMachine, to control amuled running on WL500gP.
Is there a way to see amuled statistics ?
I can read it using "amuled -P mypassword -c statistics" on asus, but I can't see anything using Remote GUI.

Is there a way to preview downloading files on win gui as I can do with eMule (VLC) ?

Thanks, Max

PS: Amule 2.2.0 is really on the way...

m-roman
09-07-2007, 09:09
Hi.

I have installed amule yesterday. Everything is working fine but i have one question. Is it possible to create some kind of script to make amule working only between f.e. 11pm and 8am? I want to use amule only at night but i dont want to do it manual - start at 11pm and stop at 8am. Thanks for helping.

QMax
09-07-2007, 18:30
Hi.

I have installed amule yesterday. Everything is working fine but i have one question. Is it possible to create some kind of script to make amule working only between f.e. 11pm and 8am? I want to use amule only at night but i dont want to do it manual - start at 11pm and stop at 8am. Thanks for helping.

Take a look at MacSat's website for cron.

Max

QMax
27-07-2007, 19:15
A new -10 version coming from ipkg-opt upgrade.
What's new ?

Max

jc_pazos
15-01-2008, 23:38
Hi i've trying to use amule with my wl500w but i'm always the same problem when i run amuleweb and insert my password always said to me "unable to connect to the specified host" and i can't access with web anybody help me

:(

Darkstar
23-01-2008, 14:45
Hi i've trying to use amule with my wl500w but i'm always the same problem when i run amuleweb and insert my password always said to me "unable to connect to the specified host" and i can't access with web anybody help me

:(

Hi,
I think that has something to do with the hashing algorithm. When you create your password with "echo password | md5sum", then this hash is different to the one amule creates internally. I only recognized that when I started amuleweb without the password set in the remote.conf. I was asked to type in the password, but it was not accepted. In the log I saw, that the hashes where different, although I typed in the same password. For example:

echo test | md5sum
d8e8fca2dc0f896fd7cb4cb0031ba249 -

but when I remove the password string from the remote.conf, start amuleweb and type in "test" as password, the access is denied and the logfile says

EC Auth failed: (098F6BCD4621D373CADE4E832627B4F6 != D8E8FCA2DC0F896FD7CB4CB0031BA249)

To connect amuleweb to amuled the password string only has to be the same, but to connect to the web-gui you have to set

Password=098F6BCD4621D373CADE4E832627B4F6 in the remote.conf in order to log into the web-interface with "test". Don't ask me why, I can only say that it works here this way.

Cheers Darkstar.

jc_pazos
23-01-2008, 22:08
i've a wl500w but i can't configure amule well can anybody pass me a complete tutorial that help me to doing well

:)

jc_pazos
09-02-2008, 14:07
Hi everybody i have an wl500w and i try to use the amule.
I'm following all the steps of this guide but when i run amuled always receipt the same message:

amuled: OnInit - starting timer
Initialising aMule
Checking if there is an instance already running...
No other instances are running.
ERROR: Warning Warning! You are running aMule as root
Doing so is not recommended for security reasons,
and you are advised tu run aMule as an normal
user instead.

-----------------------------------------------------
Warning! You are running aMule as root.
Doing so is not recommended for security reasons,
and you are advised tu run aMule as an normal
user instead.
-----------------------------------------------------

Loading temp files from /opt/share/amule/ .aMule/Temp.

All Partfiles Loaded.
ListenSocket: Could not listen to TCP port.Error: Error Port 65500 is not available!

This means that you will be LOWID.

Check your network to make sure the port is open for output and input.

Could not listn for external coneccions at 0.0.0.0:65513!
*** Server UDP socket (TCP+3) at 0.0.0.0:65503
*** TCP socket (TCP) listening on 0.0.0.0:65000
Port 65500 is not available. You will be LOWID
*** Client UDP socket (extended eMule) at 0.0.0.0:65535
Empty dir /opt/share/amule/ .aMule/Incoming/ shared

And now I can't do anything more, the window remains open with the cursor blinking and doesn't show any message more.
In the end I have to close the telnet session and must not have passed.
Can anyone help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong
:mad:

baraxash
03-04-2008, 16:10
how to add an eD2k links to download queque? pls help me....:eek:

al37919
03-04-2008, 16:57
it depends on how do you access it. If you didn't set up remote gui, then you can do:
amulecmd -c add "ed2k://..."

baraxash
04-04-2008, 00:42
it depends on how do you access it. If you didn't set up remote gui, then you can do:
amulecmd -c add "ed2k://..."
I have to set up remote gui and i can't download the ed2k paste into the box. and... sorry but this method seem not work, but if I execute amulecmd and after I do the add command "ed2k://..." it respond with "Request failed with the following error: Invalid link or already on list." heeeelp.....:eek:

baraxash
04-04-2008, 00:54
I have to set up remote gui and i can't download the ed2k paste into the box. and... sorry but this method seem not work, but if I execute amulecmd and after I do the add command "ed2k://..." it respond with "Request failed with the following error: Invalid link or already on list." heeeelp.....:eek:
ok i've discover that the larger file could not download pasted ed2k link into the box, this file are more larger that 3Gb (4+Gb) how i can resolve this trouble?? Sorry sorry 4 my bad english..... :eek::cool::(

al37919
04-04-2008, 06:11
amule 2.1.3 doesn't support files larger than 4Gb neither on PC, nor on our routers

jc_pazos
04-04-2008, 17:34
I've an wl500w i've the amule configured but he not recognice the ports i open what can i do?

:mad:

hlidea
16-06-2008, 02:59
Dear All,

Please notice the amule 2.2.1 has been released.Many new features have been added in this version.Could gorion/oleo kindly upgrade the amule in optware?

New features:
Protocol Obfuscation
UPnP support
Network protocol updated to eMule 0.49a (including large file support)
Kad 2.0

Pim Borst
23-06-2008, 10:55
It's There!

Thank you package maintainer :)

Dear All,

Please notice the amule 2.2.1 has been released.Many new features have been added in this version.Could gorion/oleo kindly upgrade the amule in optware?

New features:
Protocol Obfuscation
UPnP support
Network protocol updated to eMule 0.49a (including large file support)
Kad 2.0

oleo
23-06-2008, 11:15
Does it works? Is there any limit builtin?

QMax
23-06-2008, 19:54
Does it need a complete ipkg reinstall or can we simply change the executable file only, saving incomplete files ?

Hope to find soon the Adudanza mod for aMule....

Max

Pim Borst
23-06-2008, 20:39
It didn't work at first, it got stuck at generating a cryptkey.dat file with almost 100% cpu time. :mad:Fortunately I could generate one manually with

openssl genrsa 384 > .aMule/cryptkey.dat

edit: generated key doesn't work:mad:

Now downloading works. I don't know how to check if the new features like obfuscation are working. The GUI does not flicker anymore!
Only thing that doesn't work are KAD searches. They never give a result for me. Trying to find out what's wrong.

Pim.

DrChair
23-06-2008, 23:25
By a 'bug' in crypto++, crypto++ got build for big endian on mips instead of little endian.

Thus none of the crypto functions in amule were working.

A patch for crypto++ has just been added to the feed, so after crypto++ and amule are rebuild, the problems should be solved.

Pim Borst
24-06-2008, 07:58
By a 'bug' in crypto++, crypto++ got build for big endian on mips instead of little endian.

Thus none of the crypto functions in amule were working.

A patch for crypto++ has just been added to the feed, so after crypto++ and amule are rebuild, the problems should be solved.

That's nice because I just found out the key I generated manually doesn't work.
KAD says it is connected, but still no KAD search results and probably also no KAD downloads. The good thing is that KAD is still connected after several hours and the node file is still big. Hopefully the KAD disconnect bug disappeared.

Pim.

:-) update: it works now!

hlidea
25-06-2008, 12:34
That's nice because I just found out the key I generated manually doesn't work.
KAD says it is connected, but still no KAD search results and probably also no KAD downloads. The good thing is that KAD is still connected after several hours and the node file is still big. Hopefully the KAD disconnect bug disappeared.

Pim.

:-) update: it works now!
I run 2.2.1 amule over 20 hours and the KAD is still OK, so I think KAD disconnect bug should be fixed.

But I found the 2.2.1 amule consume much more swap than 2.1.3. At first, the swap space was around 4MB, but after 20 hours running, it increased to 23MB. Is this normal?

Pim Borst
25-06-2008, 18:51
I run 2.2.1 amule over 20 hours and the KAD is still OK, so I think KAD disconnect bug should be fixed.

But I found the 2.2.1 amule consume much more swap than 2.1.3. At first, the swap space was around 4MB, but after 20 hours running, it increased to 23MB. Is this normal?

Same thing here... I don't think it is normal and hope they can fix it.
Otherwise we have to automatically restart amuled once in a while, just like with the disconnect bug :eek:

eperfa
10-07-2008, 16:22
hello

i've just installed amule on my wl500gp with partial success so i'd like to ask your help to eliminate the remaining errors
i access the server trough remote-gui from my notebook (zenwalk, amulegui hand-compiled)

amule downloads the server list and i can connect to any server (at least all that i've tried) with highid without problem. on the other hand i can only connect to kad in firewalled mode (i saw this is a problem for many of you guys but i couldn't see anyone having a solution) and after a time i get disconnected from kad (the average users number decreases constantly). connecting to kad also takes ages

my second problem is that if i make a local/global search for a keyword that usually produces countless results (like britney spears or so :) ) i get only a few results - less than a hundred that is definitely a sign of a problem for me

and for the last one: is it normal that amulegui doesn't work the same as it worked when amule was on my local computer? i mean that eg. it doesn't show the amule log and server info in the networks page, in preferences under sharing files i see my local computers hard drive (and not the one attached to the router), the preferences page doesn't seem to be 100% in sync with the config file on the router (in my preferences i see the name i set in the config file but EC is shown as disabled but obviously it is enabled as i use it..) etc. (btw could anyone tell me please how can i share files this way? only by using amulecmd?)

i compiled amulegui on my local computer with these settings:

./configure --enable-amule-gui --disable-monolithic --enable-wxcas --enable-cas --enable-verbose --enable-alc --enable-alcc --enable-ccache

and i have these rules in iptables (all the other chains are left at the default settings)
i inserted the 2 udp rules before the invalid state rule as i've read that some of you had misterious problems with that invalid state rule but this didn't help kad

Chain INPUT (policy DROP)
target prot opt source destination
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere udp dpt:4665
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere udp dpt:4672
DROP all -- anywhere anywhere state INVALID
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:666 flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:4662 flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:65534 flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state NEW
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere udp spt:bootps dpt:bootpc
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:ftp

thanks in advance,
adam

Kenny
25-09-2008, 12:23
How can i prevent amuled and amuleweb from starting at boot?