PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : No Internet Access ,please please Help me !

Gholimoli
04-01-2007, 20:40
Oh my god im reallt frustrated i cant figure this freaking thing out and its been days.
ok here is my setup.

i have wiored Broadband comin in on Prestige 600 router.
this is on the subnet 192.168.1.

i have DHCP on this as well.

then i have my WL-500W asus wireless router .
i have configured this to be on 192.168.2. subnet.

now i have connected the WAN port on the WL-500W to the Broadband(Prestige) router via crossover cable(i have treid tright through as well).

the WAN port gets an IP from the broadband DHCP .

now i connect my laptop to the WL-500W router and get an IP from its DHCP in the 192.168.2. range.

now my problem is i cant get internet access.
the funny thing is that from my laptop that has the address of 192.168.2.20
i can ping the brodband router on 192.168.1.1 which is on a different subnet so i know there is a route between them and the router is not broken.

i can also ping my public IP address of my brodband router which is 213.x.x.x address but i cant get internet access.

i initially thought maybe HTTP traffic is blocked some where but i know its not blovked on my broadband router as i can surf the web if i connect to it directly and i cant find any where on the WL-500W that is blocking web traffic.

please please help me.::confused:

MMCM
04-01-2007, 21:59
Set the operation mode of your WL to "access point", you probably don't need two cascaded routers.
Disable DHCP server on the WL as your prestige router runs a DHCP server.

Gholimoli
04-01-2007, 23:06
Set the operation mode of your WL to "access point", you probably don't need two cascaded routers.
Disable DHCP server on the WL as your prestige router runs a DHCP server.

my laptop and all the other machines in my home network will be connected to my WL ,if i cancel DHCP on it then they will not be able to get an IP.

also if i set the mode to AP then i will need to put both the prestige router and the WL in the same subnet as the WL will no longer funtion as a router and this is not what i want.

MMCM
04-01-2007, 23:13
also if i set the mode to AP then i will need to put both the prestige router and the WL in the same subnet as the WL will no longer funtion as a router and this is not what i want.

This is what I would do.

What's the point having two routers cascaded?
I don't see any advantage.