PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Can't delete shares/ erase disk

dome
02-01-2007, 11:18
Hi,
I have some problemlos with my wl-700ge :rolleyes: who not? ;)
I access to the router via webbrowser (ie, firefox or opera). When I go to the disk-management and try to delete a share, which i can still create, i get the following error-message: "The attempt to remove share ... failed because the attempt to create marker file '/shares/MYVOLUME1/__deleting/share' failed: input/output error. I also can't create any subfolders in a share and i get the same input/output error when i try to create a folder via telnet...
I thought it was a problem with that '__deleting' folder, so i gave myself full read/wirte access via telnet but nothing changed :(
In addition to that i can't erase the disk. I hava the same prob like here http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=7431 with the blank field but this thread somehow didn't help me :o
Some minutes ago, i phoned with asus and they told me, i should use ftp-access instead of a webbrowser (e.g. cute-ftp) and all my described problem should be solved :confused: . Has anybody a clue how to connect via ftp?

Thanks a lot for your answers :)

n00ben
02-01-2007, 12:53
are you sure you have disabled accountmodus under user management? the instructions in the thread you are linking to should help...

anyways you can connect via ftp by installing a ftp program (I recommend Filezilla) create a profile and enter your router ip, prolly 192.168.1.1 and username and password.

/regards
Henrik

dome
02-01-2007, 14:07
Thank you for your help.
I connected via ftp and still have the same problems... I called assus again and now they said, the hdd is probably broken or the filesystem is corrupted :(
and it is normal, that i can't erase the disk... Is that right? Is there no way to format the whole hdd?
The only possibility left is to get a new router, by it is not in stock at the moment :mad:

*edit* i can only erase any external hdd, connected via usb. That really sucks!
I know you can format the hdd, when you take it out of the router and connect it to a linux pc, but there are warranty seals which i don't want to break...

d3viant
03-01-2007, 19:40
The router firmware doesn't appear to let you format the drive when it's in the router (although ASUS won't admit that their firmware is broken!)

I am not 100% sure about this, but if you install a custom firmware on your router then login via telnet, you may be able to format the hard drive that way (that's assuming that the custom firmware doesn't need to access the hard disk drive )