PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Access usb HDD as a HDD?

cyfer
19-12-2006, 22:28
Hello. I just got this router. I got the ftp://xxxxxxxxxxx to work. But i hope that there is a better solution?

I'm using winXP. Can't i add the HDD like i used to add harddrives that was shared on others computers on the network? So that the HDD on the usb acts as a normal harddrive through my workgroup.

I would like to add all my music to my mediaplayer, but i can't because it is currently from the ftp server.

Thanks

cyfer
20-12-2006, 17:06
No one? Isn't it possible to get it to work as a regular harddrive??

cpthowdy
21-12-2006, 13:57
I can access mine thru all my PC's on the network. I set the router to "Share all partitions". I access the HDD thru XP in "My Network Places". It shows up as "part0 ,,blah,blah,blah" and functions just like a normal hard drive. A normal slow hard drive that is:)

Using Asus 1.9.7.2 firmware BTW.

cyfer
21-12-2006, 15:58
Hmmm... What am i doing wrong since it dosn't show up as a network drive?

cyfer
21-12-2006, 15:59
What is the path to your harddrive?

\\xxxx xxx xx ?????

cyfer
21-12-2006, 17:22
Oh man i just got it to work.. But holy shit it is fucking slow... It's really really slow.. Jesus christ!! Is that really it? No fixes for this problem?

EddieZ
22-12-2006, 00:22
Oh man i just got it to work.. But holy shit it is fucking slow... It's really really slow.. Jesus christ!! Is that really it? No fixes for this problem?

Not yet. Maybe in the next firmware update.

drp
15-01-2007, 22:26
Not yet. Maybe in the next firmware update.

The reason is cause of samba and ftp daemons uses CPU with is to slow for higher transfers and any patch won’t solve this problem I thing so. Maybe some one will write server witch will be more optimized for that kind of processors.

Any way is there any possibility to use NFS between router and XP ?? All NFS clients I have seen are not freeware. Maybe NFS connection will be faster ??