PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : VPN server?

fireflash
18-12-2006, 03:07
I haven't checked the ipkg list, so bear with me if there is one... but I was curious if there was a VPN server available for this thing? I saw in the source that it's got one there, but when I tried to enable it for compiling it gave a bunch of errors and gave up. I'd love to be able to access my network from work..

n00ben
18-12-2006, 12:07
I haven't checked the ipkg list, so bear with me if there is one... but I was curious if there was a VPN server available for this thing?

[/]$ ipkg list *vpn*
openvpn - 2.0.7-1 - SSL based VPN server with Windows client support
Successfully terminated.
[/]$

/regards
Henrik

hmantsao
19-12-2006, 13:25
[/]$ ipkg list *vpn*
openvpn - 2.0.7-1 - SSL based VPN server with Windows client support
Successfully terminated.
[/]$

/regards
Henrik

the messages show needing "kernel tun",
Who have or when can install "VPN" server?
i need vpn server :mad:

hmantsao
09-01-2007, 18:02
I can't install openvpn, so i found out other solution that use stunnel for me. i base on stunnel to do many thing that stunnel+squid ..stunnel+telnetd (to login router) ...etc.
That is very bad becase stunnel don't support udp so ..still try other solution which like ssl+socks5. if someone need to do something special, maybe you can try this. :mad:

haraldrt
13-01-2007, 23:00
I just compiled the tun Kernel module from sources and testet it.

I successfully connectect with openvpn clients from linux and mac.

I will try to build an ipk Package from the original openvpn and the kernel-mod
and post it.

Greeting

Harald

haraldrt
23-01-2007, 06:02
Finaly ! I made it. The only thing to do was building the kernel module, and packing it all in one .ipk.

Building the module was the easy part, as I use linux since kernel version 0.99.14.
after searching a while i also found a howto on making ipk files. And here it is:

openvpn-wl700g_2.0.7-1_mipsel.ipk (http://www.reimann-trusheim.de/wl700g/openvpn-wl700g_2.0.7-1_mipsel.ipk)

This is the original openvpn package, i removed the reference to "kernel tun" and include the needed module in /opt/lib/modules.

All you need to do now is

- grab the file from my webspace ( by the way, does anyone have a permanent place for this file)

- install using ipkg install

- configure ( see openvpn.org )

- insmod /opt/lib/modules/tun.o

- start openvpn

Use this on your own risk! it works perfectly for me, but who knew, it might fry your router or turn it into a giant flying toaster ;)

greeting Harald

stolk
23-01-2007, 08:17
Tnks!

How can I enable mppe?

haraldrt
23-01-2007, 08:40
First of all you need another package for PPTP.
The Point To Point Tunneling Protocol introduced by Microsoft is supported by the linux daemon poptop and the ppptp client for linux.

I tried to build an ipk from source, since i don't know anything about the configuration of this beast, it is up to you out ther to test if this works.
pptpd-wl700g_1.3.0-1_mipsel.ipk (http://www.reimann-trusheim.de/wl700g/pptpd-wl700g_1.3.0-1_mipsel.ipk)

This is for VPNs using openvpn as its base. see www.openvpn.org
if you want to use it with a windows client look for openvpn-gui
for Mac OS X there is also a gui-client called Tunnelblick

CU Harald

trogdorix
16-06-2007, 17:57
okay, Linux newbie here.

I've installed the Custom firmware, and have downloaded "openvpn-wl700g_2.0.7-1_mipsel.ipk", and place it in /shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/
I have tried "ipkg install /shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/openvpn-wl700g_2.0.7-1_mipsel.ipk" and i receive a "ipkg: invalid magic" error.

I assume there is a glaringly obvious reason that I cant install it, but if someone would be so kind as to point it out to me, it would be greatly appreciated.

back2basic
16-06-2007, 20:39
openvpn-wl700g_2.0.7-1_mipsel.ipk (http://www.reimann-trusheim.de/wl700g/openvpn-wl700g_2.0.7-1_mipsel.ipk)
( by the way, does anyone have a permanent place for this file)

You can store it here if you like it
wl700g.homelinux.net (Http://wl700g.homelinux.net)

trogdorix
21-06-2007, 23:44
i get a 404 error at the linked location of the openvpn-wl700g_2.0.7-1_mipsel.ipk file.

haraldrt
22-06-2007, 11:26
Sorry, i had moved the file :( . You can try again now.
This "Version" includes the needed module tun.o compiled for the wl700g
the module will be placed in /opt/lib/modules.
So you have to insmod /opt/lib/modules/tun.o
before starting openvpn (perhaps after editing the configs ;) )

cu harald

trogdorix
26-06-2007, 04:21
thank you.

idu
27-06-2007, 02:44
Relatively off topic: has anyone managed to implement a PPTP solution based on the original ASUS firmware ? There is a poptop package in the optware, it installs ok, but there seem to be some problems in its using the pppd server. If anyone interested, I can give some details on my progress in implementing this.

LeperKing
11-07-2007, 19:43
- insmod /opt/lib/modules/tun.o

- start openvpn

Use this on your own risk! it works perfectly for me, but who knew, it might fry your router or turn it into a giant flying toaster ;)

greeting Harald

Care to elaborate on what you did to get it setup and started? I presume you start it from rc.local

Thanks
LK

haraldrt
16-07-2007, 05:40
"All" you need to do is follow the Instructions/Howto at openvpn.net klick here for OpenVPN-Howto (http://openvpn.net/howto.html)
A great help is a complete installation of openvpn on your PC. You can use openvpngui for windows or just plain opnevpn on linux. In case you have only a a Mac you need to get the linux version and grab the neccessary script from it.

- Simple setup: generate shared key and use that.
- More secure setup: genrate ca and sign certificates for your clients. generate diffie-hellman and tls.key and use the Howto for a template.

it looks difficult, but going step by step it realy isn't that complicated.

cu
Harald