PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Internet Problems

mdp
13-12-2006, 14:03
i use the wl700ge as a router.

the problem is i can not open some website like www.google.com ...

I use the Alcatel Speedtouch 546 as the modem.

i changed the IP-setting the to fix IP, but without change.
i cannot open www.google.com.

the MTU-level is 1492.

i use the lastest firmware-Version

Where is my probleme?

Thanks for the Help

nice time
mdp

kfurge
15-12-2006, 02:04
Where is my probleme?

You have a fundamental network problem. Most likely your default route is not set right.

- K.C.

qfni
03-01-2007, 01:44
Hi,

I got the same problem. I do setup using EZSetup and I got messages that say setup was done successfully. I can not access any website.

Do you have any ideas about solving this problem?

Many thanks!

hal2k1
03-01-2007, 06:27
i use the wl700ge as a router.

the problem is i can not open some website like www.google.com ...

I use the Alcatel Speedtouch 546 as the modem.

i changed the IP-setting the to fix IP, but without change.
i cannot open www.google.com.

the MTU-level is 1492.

i use the lastest firmware-Version

Where is my probleme?

Thanks for the Help

nice time
mdp

Try setting the modem to "bridge" mode. If it is not able to use "bridge" mode, then make sure that the modem IP address and the router IP address is different, but only in the last number.

Open a web browser, and in the address area of the browser type "192.168.1.1". If you can't see the web interface to the router, then your problem is in the way that you have set up your PC, and not necessarily in the router or the modem at all.

If you can see the web page of the router, then log on to the web page and go to the "configuration" area. From that area, see if the router reports if it is successfully connected to the internet or not.

Finally, if the router reports on the configuration page that it is connected, then on your PC start a web browser and go to the address bar once again, but this time type in "66.102.7.147". If you can now see the Google web page and you still can't if you type "www.google.com" instead, then your problem is with your dns settings. This you must fix by getting in contact with your ISP.

SMINT
11-04-2007, 20:28
i have the same on the 500w, when i connect directly lan cable to pc i dont have this problem, when i'm trying to access throw router, i can not access any google servers - only if i am typing the ip you just given. Its terrible, because a lot of web pages use google ads and those web pages looks incorrect..

SMINT
14-06-2007, 22:07
If you want to fix this problem, you have to write the newest firmware. It fixes this bug.