PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : WL500G + dd-wrt

errorken
11-12-2006, 08:58
I'm planning to buy a WL500G to put a DD-WRT firmware on.
Do I need to be carefull for certain versions ? Ie. with the linksys routers there exist a list which version supports what etc. Is this also the case with the WL500G ?

Second, on a linksys I get VLAN support with the DD-WRT. Is this the same when I flash it on a WL500G ?

Third, is the flash procedure the same as with a linksys ? (webapp -> update firmware -> select firmware -> wait ...)

Thanks.

WlanMan
16-12-2006, 00:37
Hi

I'm planning to buy a WL500G to put a DD-WRT firmware on.
Be sure dd-wrt supports your router, 500g is IMHO NOT supportet, but 500gx/gd. Maybe 500gp aswell. Look carefully arround at the dd-wrt site.

Do I need to be carefull for certain versions ? Ie. with the linksys routers there exist a list which version supports what etc. Is this also the case with the WL500G ?
No

Second, on a linksys I get VLAN support with the DD-WRT. Is this the same when I flash it on a WL500G ?
If you mean vlan support on cable lan, then on 500g no, on gx/gd/premium this is possible, but ask again dd-wrt guys :).

Third, is the flash procedure the same as with a linksys ? (webapp -> update firmware -> select firmware -> wait ...)
You can use webconfig or asus firmware recovery tool, no problem, typically no chance to brick it like a linksys.

Greets
Wlanman