PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : WL500b Oleg's firmware

AmoRico
05-12-2006, 09:16
Hello everybody.
If someone would be so kind and answer my simple question, I would appreciate it.

I have a WL500b router with Olegs firmware in it. I believe I had to use his firmware instead of the original one to be able to act as a client and connect to a access point near my home over WiFi. Since there is really cheap Internet provider I decided to go back to WAN intenet connection. Now there is my question: Will it work with the Olegs firmware or do I have to somehow get the Asus firmware and apply it to work with the Cable the company will get to my room?

PS: I remember there was eth2 (or something like that) switched - there was a discussion in here 2yrs ago. I may also change the routing table of the asus.

Can anyone help?

ALSO: Do you think that latest ASUS fw would be better now for my old router? Is anyone experienced with the latest ASUS fw 1.8.1.9 English? The reason why I don't want to change my fw (if it is possible) is to be able to connect to my WiFi in a case new CABLE provider's Internet drops.

max2950
05-12-2006, 13:32
Yes you can use Oleg's firmware to acces the internet.

The easiest things to do would be to reset it to factory defaults and set it up as a home gateway.