PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Call script from post-boot and not returing?

scriptman
03-12-2006, 07:58
Hi,

I’m running a script that I call from post-boot, the script I call is used to poll a directory and will never end. I noticed that calling the script keeps post-boot in the PS list I’m assuming because the script doesn’t return back to post-boot.

My question is, is there a way that I can call a script from another script without waiting for the called script to finish?

Hope that all makes sense?:)

vlx
03-12-2006, 11:53
Hi,

I’m running a script that I call from post-boot, the script I call is used to poll a directory and will never end. I noticed that calling the script keeps post-boot in the PS list I’m assuming because the script doesn’t return back to post-boot.

My question is, is there a way that I can call a script from another script without waiting for the called script to finish?

Hope that all makes sense?:)

You must run that script in background. Example: ./myscript.sh &
use after the name of script. Ampersand will make it to go to background. But maybe better thing to do is to run your script from inittab or /etc/init.d.

scriptman
04-12-2006, 03:56
You must run that script in background. Example: ./myscript.sh &
use after the name of script. Ampersand will make it to go to background. But maybe better thing to do is to run your script from inittab or /etc/init.d.

thanks VLX that worked!! :)