PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : wl-500g block LAN user

gpascalau
02-12-2006, 13:49
How can I block the traffic from an user that's connected to this router through a lan port. I want to remove him temporary from the network. Can I disable the LAN port that he is using, or maybe block the IP, ban it somehow. It doesn't matter if by changing the IP he can reenter the network. He doesn't know how to change it.

thank you

vlx
03-12-2006, 00:59
How can I block the traffic from an user that's connected to this router through a lan port. I want to remove him temporary from the network. Can I disable the LAN port that he is using, or maybe block the IP, ban it somehow. It doesn't matter if by changing the IP he can reenter the network. He doesn't know how to change it.

thank you

Most effective thing to do is to unplug his the LAN cable :). Port itself can't be dissabled. You can block by IP or MAC address in firewall settings.

gpascalau
03-12-2006, 09:18
i think i have found to block a MAC address (internet firewall->MAC filter). i must add there the MAC address of the network card he is using? i tried so, but it doesn't work, he still can communicate.
i didn't find out how to block by IP. only some WAN filtering, since i don't have internet installed on this router yet, i don't need this.