PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : New custom firmware

Oleg
13-08-2004, 11:25
Guys, right now I'm working with 1.7.5.9-4. This release will include QoS support (including wondershaper) and changes for BigPond & timezones.

1.8.x.x based custom firmwares will require a lot of work (mostly starting from the scratch) due to internal changes...

rwhitby
13-08-2004, 11:39
Oleg,

DDNS (ZoneEdit) doesn't seem to be working. The problem is that in /init/ddnsclient, there is a call to `wlanutil nslookup www.zoneedit.com`. The problem is that on my router, "wlanutil nslookup <anything>" returns nothing. I replaced that call with the hard-coded IP address for ZoneEdit, and it works fine.

Is "wlanutil nslookup www.zoneedit.com" working for you on the router?

-- Rod

Styno
13-08-2004, 11:45
Very nice work Oleg, thank you. This QoS stuff sounds very promising...

Oleg
13-08-2004, 12:23
Oleg,

DDNS (ZoneEdit) doesn't seem to be working. The problem is that in /init/ddnsclient, there is a call to `wlanutil nslookup www.zoneedit.com`. The problem is that on my router, "wlanutil nslookup <anything>" returns nothing. I replaced that call with the hard-coded IP address for ZoneEdit, and it works fine.

Is "wlanutil nslookup www.zoneedit.com" working for you on the router?

-- Rod
Yes, it does work for me. But there was similar reports, that it does not work.
1.8 should work fine - they've switched to the ez-ipupdate. For 1.7 we can probably use nvram for storing IP address as workaround.

Rod, can you please post your patches for 1.7.5.9-4 (timezones, bpa, whatever)?

Oleg
13-08-2004, 12:26
Very nice work Oleg, thank you. This QoS stuff sounds very promising...
It's already works for me. :)

rwhitby
13-08-2004, 12:34
Rod, can you please post your patches for 1.7.5.9-4 (timezones, bpa, whatever)?

Timezones patch is in another thread.

bpalogin isn't integrated into the web, and I don't want to waste effort in doing that if you're going to move to 1.8 anyway. I'll concentrate on fixing 1.8 with you instead.

Those were the only two from me.

-- Rod

Oleg
13-08-2004, 12:47
Timezones patch is in another thread.

ok. applied.

bpalogin isn't integrated into the web, and I don't want to waste effort in doing that if you're going to move to 1.8 anyway. I'll concentrate on fixing 1.8 with you instead.

ok, we've number of things which are not integrated into the web, so we could just provide command line/script versions. so, if you've those - let's push them as is. :)

rwhitby
13-08-2004, 12:54
ok. applied.

ok, we've number of things which are not integrated into the web, so we could just provide command line/script versions. so, if you've those - let's push them as is. :)

You've got email :-)

I've sent you a complete set of patches from your last release to what I've currently got in my local CVS repository, and explanatory notes about the changes.

I also sent you instant messenger contact details if you want to discuss in real time.

-- Rod