PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Timezone corrections for Australia

rwhitby
08-08-2004, 01:03
It seems that Asus (and most other router manufacturers) have no idea that South Australia has a half-hour timezone, and observes daylight savings in the Southern Hemisphere's summer months, not the Northern Hemisphere's summer months. Note that there are some places in the world with quarter-hour timezones, including one place in the Pacific ocean whose offset from GMT is +12:45 hours (which is different from GMT-11:15, because it's on a different day due to the international date line). There is also another island in the Pacific with a GMT+14 timezone!

Here is a patch to Oleg's cramfs-1.7.5.9.patch which institutes the six correct timezones (including the three different observance periods for daylight savings) for Australia.

If anyone is using an Asus WL-500g router in Nepal (GMT+5:45) or New Zealand's Catham Islands (GMT+12:45), then feel free to contact me and I'll add your timezones too :D

I also forgot to put in the Australian entry for Lord Howe Island (GMT+10:30), but I don't think there are any Asus WL-500g routers there either ;)

-- Rod