PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : MAC spoofing does not work?

Temitch
10-11-2006, 08:15
Comrades,

I m trying to set up internet connection on wl700ge. My ISP uses MAC authorization. I supplied the MAC of my PC net card to 700ge WAN setup section. However, the router does not connect to the internet (WAN disconnected status). I heard that older firmware had problems with MAC spoofing (in fact did not have it at all). Im using the original version that came preinstalled with the router ending with 2.
My question is
1. is it true that MAC spoofing is not functioning?
2. If not, is there any special instructions how to set up new MAC?
3. Can firmware upgrade help?

Thanx

Artem

ralam
10-11-2006, 08:50
I'm not sure about how well MAC spoofing is working on the wl700, but you did do a reset after changing the MAC address?

Also, you ISP doesn't allow you to tell them to start using the new MAC address? (which ISP/country are you with?) You could get them to ocnfigure there modem to work with you router's MAC address. I don't see how they could refuse... just say you got a new computer :-)

Remco

Temitch
10-11-2006, 09:53
Sure, I can ask my ISP to change mac, but mac correction on my side is preferable for a number of reasons. (Im in Russia, Moscow by the way).

My question then would be about the reset. What you mean by reset? I tried to turn router off and on with no result. But I assume that reset would erase all the new settings, would not it?

Thanx,

Artem