PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : USB input devices for Wl-500gP

JFK
09-11-2006, 16:41
Hi there,

does anyone have experiences with using any input USB device (like mouse, keyboard etc.) with Wl-500gP and using it for analysing input events?

I would like to use my WL-500gP device as a "analyser" of some logical events, maybe for securing my house (using motion sensors), but I don't know, how to scan logical (true/false 1/0) states of some inputs (using which hardware?)...

Any ideas?

Regards, JFK

Gecko
10-11-2006, 09:23
Hi,

I'm using a Velleman k8055 (http://www.velleman.be/be/de/product/view/?id=351346) USB I/O Board on my WL-500gP with Oleg's Firmware. Works like a charm!
There is some third party Linux software (http://libk8055.sourceforge.net/) which can be cross-compiled for the ASUS box and works very stable.

The Velleman Board has 5 digital and 2 analog input chanels as well as 8 digital and 2 analog output chanels (including PWA support). Two of the digital input chanels do support a counter function, which is very usefull too. Everything you need to completely control your home from remote. Works really great for me.

Gecko.

tommytamsen
13-12-2007, 10:03
Hi,

There is some third party Linux software (http://libk8055.sourceforge.net/) which can be cross-compiled for the ASUS box and works very stable.

Gecko.

Hello Gecko
I'm also using a k8055 for home-control, but currently using software posted by Palbeda. Could you please post your compiled binaries as I got no Linux box up, for compiling myself...
Hope you can Help :)

dyonisos
13-12-2007, 16:09
Hi Gecko,

It would be great if you could post your compiled sources as the one I have has bugs.
Rgds
dyonisos

AdrianA
19-03-2008, 22:28
Hi!
First of all I appreciate very much all this labor that all of you are doing here!
I have read some 50 threads but I give up. This is why I am posting here. I start a robot project. First I choose XBee chips for transmission. Now I found this router wl-500gp and I intend to integrate it whit the robot. I also plan to use a webcam due the plug'nd share....possibility.
Now the question: it is possible to send (via wifi) serial commands from windows to a serial /usb port of the router? Or to send tcp ip rows form windows to a serial / usb port of the router? The idea is a kind of serial over tcp ip. I have a Pic who receive serial commands and this one commands the servos. What I read, so fare, it is possible to add a serial port to the router. In fact, shortly, I want to make a wireless link beet win a win32 program and my Pic which handle the servos. Sorry for my poor english.
Thank you for your time.
ps Any other idea it is very welcome. tks regards!

Serpent
20-03-2008, 10:23
Yes, it's possible.
In latest FW (1.9.2.7-9 / 2008-03-14) was added "ftdi_sio usb to serial converter module" (change no 26, at bottom of the page http://oleg.wl500g.info/ ).
You only need a USB to serial converter, based on FTDI chip.

preacher@wl500g
25-03-2008, 00:51
Question: using the FTDI Module, is it possible to connect a conventional telephone modem via RS232 to the router?
Just an idea for backup line ....

Anttu
28-03-2008, 04:56
Hi,

The Velleman Board has 5 digital and 2 analog input chanels as well as 8 digital and 2 analog output chanels (including PWA support). Two of the digital input chanels do support a counter function, which is very usefull too. Everything you need to completely control your home from remote. Works really great for me.

Gecko.

This is very interesting indeed. I am just about to order a K8055.

How do you actually do the monitoring/controlling from remote? (over the web) I mean the interface between html, php or such and the K8055 code.

Thanks if you have time to answer, because I would need this kind of solution for the heating of my house. It needs minor manual control in the Finnish winter.. :)

dyonisos
28-03-2008, 08:08
Hi,
it's all done by command line (CLI) with a small code called "cueib" available somewhere in the forum here.

Anttu
28-03-2008, 09:10
Found it, thanks!

I have ordered the board now, so get prepared to become flooded with further questions. :D

My target is to create a nice web interface to the board/cueib, having some experience of website coding. I'll let you know if I ever succeed with the project.

dyonisos
31-03-2008, 23:02
This is an interesting IP based I/O Interface with built-in telnet server and web server, that could be used alternatively to K8055. Only 60 Euros, no control leds, 8 input/outputs, password protected and very compact. Unfortunately the link below is only in German:

http://www.elv.de/output/controller.aspx?cid=74&detail=10&detail2=21020

Anttu
01-04-2008, 04:06
Thanks!

That is indeed a very interesting, easy way for K8055-like needs. Already sent an email to the company asking shipment and reselling terms. Maybe my little webshop siptune.com can soon offer these to Asus users.. :)

I already ordered a K8055 too, so I think I am evaluating the possibilities of that too anyway.