PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : FTP access problem

Zsoltie
07-11-2006, 18:32
Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea why can I not access the FTP in the router? I set it up using the web interface and the most strange thing is that I can access it as anonymous with read/write rights, but using the username and password I have give in the web interface it just rejects. It is also logged that I was rejected but there is no reason given.
By the way, where can I find the config file of the stupid-ftpd? I am experienced with linux but still can't find a lot of things in the router. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Zsoltie

harvi
09-11-2006, 08:36
Try this: unmount all devices and restart your router. Sometimes USB-Devices are mounted several times. Whenever this happens, no password:username will work.

Zsoltie
10-11-2006, 07:48
Hi,

Just to let you all know, the problem was with the external USB rack. The router could not mount the HDD well. After I replaced it, it works flawlessly.

Zsoltie

calebz
05-12-2006, 11:18
Can anybody hint me on how to configure FTP with olegs firmware on ?
Samba/torrent works but id like to actually have the windows share off and only use the FTP for transfers. I have it enabled in the GUI but Im not sure this works properly with this new firmware.

Thx in advance.

[admin@decim1 root]$ ipkg install bitchx
Installing bitchx (1.1-final-2) to root...
Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/wl500g/bitchx_1.1-final-2_mipsel.ipk
Configuring atftp
postinst script returned status 1
ERROR: atftp.postinst returned 1
Configuring bitchx
Successfully terminated.