* Firmware can't upgrade though web interface
* Download Master download functions

Add and Update¡G
* Update dmathined and giftd

Download files here:

http://website.wl500g.info/beta/wizard.php?brand=1&model=25&cat=firmware&id=85

calaba
02-11-2006, 13:04
Anyone knows why this version is 2 times bigger than previous 1.9.7.0 -> probably beta with debug info ???? Or some surprise inside ??? :eek:

ric.

EddieZ
03-11-2006, 00:22
The .trx is only 33 Kb larger in size....:confused:

calaba
03-11-2006, 09:56
Ooops sorry, I have changed it with the OLEX 1.9.2.7 which is in fact 2 times smaller :D

Moody Blue
03-11-2006, 22:09
I've installed it yesterday and have no visible problems. There's an interesting feature on "Bandwith Management" page, it can be optimized for some applications, Games and VoIP seem to be the most interesting ones for me,

As I'm planning to buy an ATA386 one of these days this might be usefull.

gersbo
03-11-2006, 22:41
I tried uploading the 1.9.7.2 firmware tonight, but it does not seem to work.

The router comes back on after the upgrade, but when I start to configure the router, it goes into recovery mode after the first restart.

I am upgrading from 1.9.7.0 and I used the firmware restoration tool (after resetting the router to factory defaults).

Has anyone had similar experiences?

killroy
10-11-2006, 16:22
I tried uploading the 1.9.7.2 firmware tonight, but it does not seem to work.

The router comes back on after the upgrade, but when I start to configure the router, it goes into recovery mode after the first restart.

I am upgrading from 1.9.7.0 and I used the firmware restoration tool (after resetting the router to factory defaults).

Has anyone had similar experiences?

I`m new 500GP user, (got it yesterday ;) ) and I always use the newest drivers/Firmware, It took long time (estmated by the ruter was 12 minutes) I I got worried about the time, it never return to startup page after 20 minutes... So I think, OK let me save&exit. After reboot it show up 1972 FW and almost everithing works (Not the Download manager / Share part, but I don`t think this is the 1972 reason (It should fix this...)

Maybe bad download ?

/Killroy

HerrHiob
10-11-2006, 16:27
I tried to install the new firmware some days ago. i had some problems but with firmware restoration tool it was no problem in the end.

but with the new firmware i only had 100 kb/s download and not the normal 1 mb/s (private server to test)

it seems that the bandwidth managment was enabled. i did not found a way to disable it. where can i find this option?

thx for your help
hiob

Antiloop
10-11-2006, 17:30
I tried to install the new firmware some days ago. i had some problems but with firmware restoration tool it was no problem in the end.

but with the new firmware i only had 100 kb/s download and not the normal 1 mb/s (private server to test)

it seems that the bandwidth managment was enabled. i did not found a way to disable it. where can i find this option?

thx for your help
hiob
there should be an page named "Bandwith Management"
can't recall if you can disable it.. don't have a WL500gP currently

utx
13-11-2006, 13:50
On my device, LAN<->LAN now runs at 200kB/s, but LAN<->WAN runs at 1Mb/s (speed of my provider).

This speed remain so small, even after reflashing to openwrt (and even in the restore mode), so I believe, that it is a problem of new nvram settings.

Other changes experienced:
- FTP works as expected.
- Multi-slot card readeds are no more supported for use with data sharing and download manager.
- Bandwidth manager.

rrvg
14-11-2006, 07:16
I've got the same problem with the 1.9.7.2 firmware.
My PC is connected to one of the four LAN-ports on the WL-500gP.

If I copy a 300 MB file to one of the shared partitions (part0=EXT2, part1=FAT32), it takes about 3 hours. In "Windows TaskManager, network" the speed never exceeds 3%. With this bandwidth, I also cannot play video files from the shared partitions.

On my laptop, which is connected to WLAN (11g), I can play the same video files.
If you ask me, the new bandwidth management feature causes the LAN-ports to be so slow. With firmware 1.9.7.0, the LAN-speed is much better.

This problem shouldn't be hard to find for the ASUS developers.
Just use a file compare tool like BeyondCompare on the GPL-source and find out what has been changed.

zidarko
01-12-2006, 19:58
I've updated the original Asus firmware with the original Asus firmware version 1.9.7.2. I would like to revert to Oleg's. Can it be done?

thanks in advance,
zidarko

WlanMan
03-12-2006, 06:09
I've updated the original Asus firmware with the original Asus firmware version 1.9.7.2. I would like to revert to Oleg's. Can it be done?

Just upload it.
If this does not work, use Firmware Restauration Tool by Asus.

Greets
Wlanman

zidarko
03-12-2006, 08:45
I've realized the router is somehow broken, so I'm taking it back to the store.

regards,
zidarko

zidarko
04-12-2006, 10:45
EDIT: I managed to flash the router with Oleg's latest firmware and so far everything seems to be working ok.

Now I'm lokking for a tip/how-to to make my minolta konica laser printer work if attached to the router.

regards,
zidarko

calaba
05-12-2006, 11:01
Check other threads, mine Minolta Konica PagePro 1350W is working if you disable bidirectional support in Windows settings of the printer.

zidarko
05-12-2006, 12:59
I checked the threads on this forums and this solution came up. I'm not at home so I cannot check if this is working.

regards,
zidarko