PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Wl500gp + hdd

Ulrik Jensen
01-11-2006, 19:06
Hi
I have to hard drives connected to the router via USB. And I can se them in my network (part0-4 on WL500g.Premium (Wl500g.premium), but I can’t accesses them.
I know that many have had this problem, but I’m no brain when it comes to these problems.

Can any help

Thanks

Spec:

Hard drives FAT32
Windows XP home

Krpano
04-11-2006, 19:23
Are you trying to access them through Samba Server or FTP ?

killroy
10-11-2006, 20:37
Hi
I have to hard drives connected to the router via USB. And I can se them in my network (part0-4 on WL500g.Premium (Wl500g.premium), but I can’t accesses them.
I know that many have had this problem, but I’m no brain when it comes to these problems.

Can any help

Thanks

Spec:

Hard drives FAT32
Windows XP home

You have to connect The drive, connected to the Router from Windows Network (Workgroup), Then yoy can use the HD.

The problem is the speed, very slow :mad:

/Killroy

EddieZ
10-11-2006, 22:49
Chexk settings on router: share and FTP enabled, correct share/partition to see first.

Also check network settings in XP: Microsoft networking client & file/printersharing must be installed (beside tcp/ip :-) )

All have the right settings?

mumie
01-12-2006, 00:38
Hi, I instaled this configuration and I try to upload and download. :mad:
Speed of downloading throw the LAN is ONLY cca 1Mbps, yes I mean really 980kbps.
I dont know WHY.
Upload working on a 30Mbps, it is not so much, but acceptable.
I have official firmware 1972 - graphic Bandwidth management - no numbers.
If I use Wifi way, I get something about 10Mbps. (on internal antena)

Any idea for lan-download?

Thanx

rrvg
01-12-2006, 07:06
Hi, I instaled this configuration and I try to upload and download. :mad:
Speed of downloading throw the LAN is ONLY cca 1Mbps, yes I mean really 980kbps.
I dont know WHY.
Upload working on a 30Mbps, it is not so much, but acceptable.
I have official firmware 1972 - graphic Bandwidth management - no numbers.
If I use Wifi way, I get something about 10Mbps. (on internal antena)

Any idea for lan-download?

Thanx

No solution, but I face the same problem. When transferring data from and to the connected USB drive, I cannot go faster than 500kbps with the 1972 firmware. With 1970, the LAN speed is a lot better. I've already reported this to Bibi at ASUS, but until now there's no solution, besides going back to 1970. It would be best if other people also submit a support issue to ASUS about the slow LAN connection. Perhaps this will speed up the development of a new firmware.

mumie
21-12-2006, 00:09
After I connect to WL500gp second asus wl520g, only like a swith (wan port unused).
Download speed is now 28mbitps - constantly.
It is not enought, but it is better.

pinkpanther
27-12-2006, 22:50
I had the same problem with that firmware. I thought last firmware will be best. But unfortunately it wasn't.
I also went back to 1.9.7.0