PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : problems with backup to wl700ge due to attibutes

antoschka
23-10-2006, 16:11
Hi,

I'm frustrated. While trying to backup data from my computer to the wl700ge I found out that I cannot change attributes of files on the wl700ge.

Scenario:
I got a folder named "test" on my computer. When I switch of the computer I want backup this folder to wl700ge using the command line:
xcopy "E:\test" "Z:\Backup\test" /C /D /E /H /K /Q /R /S /Y

copying the files the first time everything works fine

the second time the xcopy command cannot ignore the write protection attribute. I tried to switch off the write protection manualy from my windows explorer and i received the message "access denied"

does anybody know I can possibly control the attributes of files on my wl700ge

thanks in advance

antoschkae

JWJ
02-12-2006, 16:34
Same here, I have problems deleting downloaded files. It says: Directory is not empty. When deleting files 1-by-1 the RE-APPEAR!! v.1.0.4.6

MaxCorvette
05-12-2006, 13:04
Same here, I have problems deleting downloaded files. It says: Directory is not empty. When deleting files 1-by-1 the RE-APPEAR!! v.1.0.4.6
I had the same problem. try it by ftp that did work for me.
ftp://192.168.1.1
Under windows I sometimes wasn't able to delete files either.
By ftp it always works.

MMCM
06-12-2006, 08:27
Linux and Windows use different type of attribute schemes, that are not 1:1 mappable (for more info see http://us5.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/AccessControls.html).
I'd suggest copying without attributes, make an archive (zip, rar, ...) using some software that supports archiving attributes, or better use ntbackup for backing up files.