leonsio
27-09-2006, 18:20
hi i have tryed to enable the telnet access
but without success

if i add this line

/bin/utelnetd -l /bin/sh -d

or

/bin/utelnetd &

to any cgi file, it will be opened in browser as txt file, and will not be executed on server

does i do anything worng? has asus fixed this "bug"?

leonsio
27-09-2006, 18:31
hmm i know why

the uid of the cgi files is 0:42000 if i make any changes it will be set to 35001:42000 any idea how can i change it?

DaNawq
27-09-2006, 19:09
Telnet still works the same way in 1.0.4.6

I've used the index.cgi added /bin/utelnetd & and it works. (Via ftp under Linux) So maybe I had luck with the uid.

leonsio
27-09-2006, 19:19
yes it works via FTP, not with samba share under macosx ;)

im trying to debug mt-daapd to get it work again with itunes ( it has worked under 1.0.4.1 )

DaNawq
29-09-2006, 11:14
There isn't much with debugging. You have to compile the latest mt-daapd sources on you linux box for mips32. I failes to do so the last month, maybe now i'm luckier^^

But here Itunes 6+7 work well with the preinstalled mt-dappd.

leonsio
29-09-2006, 11:40
hmm it works only once, after it has refreshed the songs.db
after it, it is running but not responding ( by me )

fireflash
03-10-2006, 01:49
hi i have tryed to enable the telnet access
but without success

if i add this line

/bin/utelnetd -l /bin/sh -d

or

/bin/utelnetd &

to any cgi file, it will be opened in browser as txt file, and will not be executed on server

does i do anything worng? has asus fixed this "bug"?

It'll work via Samba under OSX if you open up a terminal window, cd to the Wl700Ge under /Volumes I believe and use PICO or some other *nix text editor to change the file.. Using TextEdit under OSX gave me the same problems, but after taking the terminal route and using PICO to modify the file I had telnetd running.

Dunno what I'm gonna do now, but I got it working :) I'm a Linux n00b. all I've done is poke around, so far without breaking anything. I would like to know however how to make telnetd more secure.. I've done the nvram trick to make it load on boot, but it's still unsecure, which kinda scares me in a way.. I may undo the nvram setting for now just so I don't come home one day and find some little kiddy got into my router and deleted everything. :P

DaNawq
03-10-2006, 03:14
The following is a little bit complicated:

First you have to compile an editor within your firmware to set /shares/MYVOLUME1/__pdc/passwd with a password and a link to a shell.

After that you have to compile busybox with login enabled.

Alternativly you may compile dropbear a ssh-server for mipsel and copy the binary to your device. Activate it via telnet and kill the telnet process.

As easy as that o.O

fireflash
03-10-2006, 13:28
The following is a little bit complicated:

First you have to compile an editor within your firmware to set /shares/MYVOLUME1/__pdc/passwd with a password and a link to a shell.

After that you have to compile busybox with login enabled.

Alternativly you may compile dropbear a ssh-server for mipsel and copy the binary to your device. Activate it via telnet and kill the telnet process.

As easy as that o.O

Well heck why didn't you say so! :)

I'm going to install Fedora Core 5 tonight on my Mac via Parallels and see what I can do about compiling the firmware. Being the noob that I am, I imagine it'll all go down in flames. :) What I'd really like to do at some point is get a command line BT client to compile for the router and use that instead of that crappy ctorrent it's got. While having 160 gigs of network storage is nice, thats not the reason why I bought this router, and I know I'm one of many who feel the same.

leonsio
03-10-2006, 13:52
you dont need to install anything in parallels

just install xcode tools ( development tools )

it will install gcc and some other tools, that you need to compile an new firmware

fireflash
10-10-2006, 15:53

As easy as that o.O

Ok, so I've checked out dropbear, but they obviously don't have a port of it for mipsel. How would I go about compiling it for mipsel?

I'm sorry for the noobish questions, but I'm learning as I go, and any help you guys can give would be great. If theres any tutorials and such out there that anyone knows of about how to compile things for different platforms/processors that you'd be willing to share it would be much appreciated. :)

leonsio
10-10-2006, 18:48
look for some maxtor storage binarys they are mipsel to and should run on wl700

BBA
04-11-2006, 21:20
leonsio, you can change your uid back with:

chown 0:42000 showMessage.cgi
chmod a+x showMessage.cgi

good luck!

- Bart

Voyager_MP
27-01-2007, 18:22
I still canīt enable telnet.

I user Macosx and debian, but still, I cant get it to run.
with what user do you login via ftp ?

admin
admin

is not working.

changing the default password and then login via root over ftp, results in strang errors.

Voyager_MP
28-01-2007, 09:12
god damit, it cant be that hard to enable the fucking telnetd

I cant change the permission of the cgi. When I log in via ftp I dont have the permission. I cant login via admin over ftp.

Wow Iīm stuckt ... ;(

ncftp /shares/MYVOLUME1/opt/etc > chmod 755 rc.local
chmod rc.local: server said: Permission denied.

michel@mpmac:/Volumes/192.168.1.1/opt/etc => ncftp -u admin 192.168.1.1 :(
NcFTP 3.2.0 (Aug 05, 2006) by Mike Gleason (http://www.NcFTP.com/contact/).
Connecting to 192.168.1.1...
Welcome to the WL700gE FTP service.
Logging in...
Password requested by 192.168.1.1 for user "admin".

Please specify the password.

Password: *****
Login incorrect.
Could not open host 192.168.1.1: username and/or password was not accepted for login.

Please help.